Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: A tribute to Ken O'Brien!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is Braylon? No jets receiver since hes been gone has done that....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh! No direspect to some of the things O'Brien did but we would of won at least 3 SB's by pickin Marino:mad:

Our D,with our recievers and running...the things that could of been:(:(:(

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4270590]fourth best ever maybe

behind Namath, Sanchez and probably Vinny

WORST JET DRAFT MISTAKE EVER --- drafting him when they could have drafted Marino[/QUOTE]

More like 5th best. Namath=SB WIN, Todd=Championship game,Testaverde=Championship game, Sanchez=2 Championship games, O'Brien,Not so much...:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jims jetts;3543085][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uq0F2whpl4[/url][/QUOTE]

This thread is so misleading! I mean the man is not dead yet so why pay tribute. I dont get it. are you being sarcastic?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4435032]This thread is so misleading! I mean the man is not dead yet so why pay tribute. I dont get it. are you being sarcastic?[/QUOTE]

No I am not being sarcastic I just think O'Brien was underrated! And when I find new video or info of O'Brien I post it on this thread! For those of you who hate Kenny O You can just ignore this thread!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jims jetts;4435058]No I am not being sarcastic I just think O'Brien was underrated! And when I find new video or info of O'Brien I post it on this thread! For those of you who hate Kenny O You can just ignore this thread![/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. Ignore the thread!
    Are there any videos out there showing some of the hits Ken took and how often? The amount of time he DIDN'T have to throw the ball? Though he did tend to hold on to the ball a little too long at times, most of his career his O-line absolutely stunk.
    Signed = Your JETS brother in Manahawkin

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETranger 206B;4435096]Agree 100%. Ignore the thread!
    Are there any videos out there showing some of the hits Ken took and how often? The amount of time he DIDN'T have to throw the ball?[B] Though he did tend to hold on to the ball a little too long at times[/B], most of his career his O-line absolutely stunk.
    Signed = Your JETS brother in Manahawkin[/QUOTE]

Marvin Powell was a Pro bowler and all pro.. Jim Sweeny,Dan Alexander were good lineman and Joe Fields was another Pro Bowler and All Pro.. Kenny held on to the ball too dam long was the problem.. The Kenny apologists are too funny sometimes.. Kenny never learned how to throw the ball away or how to run for the endzone.. Only Jet QB ever without a rushing td.. Namath had a problem walking and he had 7 rushing tds..:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4435109]Marvin Powell was a Pro bowler and all pro.. Jim Sweeny,Dan Alexander were good lineman and Joe Fields was another Pro Bowler and All Pro.. Kenny held on to the ball too dam long was the problem.. The Kenny apologists are too funny sometimes.. Kenny never learned how to throw the ball away or how to run for the endzone.. Only Jet QB ever without a rushing td.. Namath had a problem walking and he had 7 rushing tds..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Okay, he sucked. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETranger 206B;4435125]Okay, he sucked. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that did I?? Let me guess Kenny was the jet QB you grew up with?? He will always be a down grade for me because we could have had Marino..:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4435131]I didn't say that did I?? Let me guess Kenny was the jet QB you grew up with?? He will always be a down grade for me because we could have had Marino..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Savage, you know that if Marino came here, he would have flamed out in a haze of coke, broads and gambling, the likes of which have never seen before.....just as the Jets feared as that particular Draft approached!

:D

I know two things for certain about this board.... Jim Jetts loves him some OB... and Savage scans the strip daily lookiing for this thread to get its semi-annual Jim Jetts bump so he can pounce!

:yes:;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4435143]Savage, you know that if Marino came here, he would have flamed out in a haze of coke, broads and gambling, the likes of which have never seen before.....just as the Jets feared as that particular Draft approached!

:D

I know two things for certain about this board.... Jim Jetts loves him some OB... and Savage scans the strip daily lookiing for this thread to get its semi-annual Jim Jetts bump so he can pounce!

:yes:;)[/QUOTE]

Oh please like Miami the drug capitol of the US wasn't a distraction?? Broads?? Have you ever been to South beach?? Kenny made 2 pro bowls one of which he rightly deserved in 1985.. The 2nd he had 10 tds with 11 picks and a QB rating of 76.6 but the Jets made the playoffs with a 8-8 record so Kenny was a hero.. I think not... Oh and I have no problem with Jim's love of KO I'm just having some fun in the sun..:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4435151]Oh please like Miami the drug capitol of the US wasn't a distraction?? Broads?? Have you ever been to South beach?? [/QUOTE]

Lol, agreed 100%, I'm just applying the Jets luck factor. (SOJ's-think)

:D;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4435131]I didn't say that did I?? Let me guess Kenny was the jet QB you grew up with?? He will always be a down grade for me because we could have had Marino..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I apologize, no you didn't say that. It just makes things [B]a lot [/B]easier for me to say it.

BTW Not that it means diddley squat. I was ten when Al Dorow started off with the Titans and ninteen when Joe Willie won the big one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETranger 206B;4435297]I apologize, no you didn't say that. It just makes things [B]a lot [/B]easier for me to say it.

BTW Not that it means diddley squat. I was ten when Al Dorow started off with the Titans and [B]ninteen when Joe Willie won the big one[/B].[/QUOTE]

Joe won the big one for my 25th birthday..:yes: But you have every right to like Kenny more then I do..;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Ken O'Brien?

:P;):D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    isn't that the season with coslet as coach? he was a hero. coslet was a moron.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4435151]Oh please like Miami the drug capitol of the US wasn't a distraction?? Broads?? Have you ever been to South beach?? Kenny made 2 pro bowls one of which he rightly deserved in 1985.. The 2nd he had 10 tds with 11 picks and a QB rating of 76.6 but the Jets made the playoffs with a 8-8 record so Kenny was a hero.. I think not... Oh and I have no problem with Jim's love of KO I'm just having some fun in the sun..:yes:[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the argument of marino over obrien is unfair mainly because blackledge was the first of that group and even eason was taken before marino. marino probably landed with the only coach who could handle him. and, btw, how many championship games did marino get to? not many.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4435151]Oh please like Miami the drug capitol of the US wasn't a distraction?? Broads?? Have you ever been to South beach?? Kenny made 2 pro bowls one of which he rightly deserved in 1985.. The 2nd he had 10 tds with 11 picks and a QB rating of 76.6 but the Jets made the playoffs with a 8-8 record so Kenny was a hero.. I think not... Oh and I have no problem with Jim's love of KO I'm just having some fun in the sun..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4435320]Joe won the big one for my 25th birthday..:yes: But you have every right to like Kenny more then I do..;)[/QUOTE]

25th :eek:... That,[B]Sir[/B],was a hell of a Bday present.