Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick Al Toon Footage

Bewildered Beast

Sick Al Toon Footage

There is so little of it on the net that this guy had to replay it twice. :(

Still awesome, though. :yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjueAmbRMJ0[/url]

Bewildered Beast
    "Wisconsin Reflections"

Al Toon wonders why the hell he went from Virginia to Cold-Ass Wisconsin.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzK_d5oiQA[/url]

All League
    imagine if kenny o had a o-line and toon played as long as he would have without concussions. maybe the jets are a better team then......

All Pro
    wow Kenny O had an arm!!!

Wish there was more to share with the younger Jets fans who never got to watch Toon in real time. Also, I had forgotten just how much of a cannon O'Brien had for an arm. He had terrible mobility and a 2 cent brain sometimes, but give him time and he could get the ball anywhere on the field with precision and strength.

They should pull a Clock Work Orange on Braylon Edwards and make him watch 10,000 hours of Al Toon video's strapped into a seat with his eyes forced open listening to Bethoven.

I remember Toon taking ballet to help with his skills at wide receiver.

Rookie
    Great WR and post,thanks for the post!

All League
    Very Nice WCO!!

What a beast and him and KO could have took this team out of the cellar with a couple more years together.....no doubt about it.

Thanks for sharing though WCO :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    The first Jets jersey I ever had was a Toon jersey. Still have it.

The guy was fantastic!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;3543459]I remember Toon taking ballet to help with his skills at wide receiver.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Great seeing him and KennyO again.

imo, toon was every bit as good as jerry rice. there's a reason why toon was drafted before rice. the big difference was the system each guy played in and the number of hits toon took over his career.

[QUOTE=jims jetts;3543491]Great WR and post,thanks for the post![/QUOTE]

+1!

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3543667]imo, toon was every bit as good as jerry rice. there's a reason why toon was drafted before rice. the big difference was the system each guy played in and the number of hits toon took over his career.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! Toon was as good or better than any WR I have ever seen play the game.

All League
    the first thing I notice is how nice those balls look in the air.

Man KO had issues but throwing a ball wasnt one of them.

Toon was what Andre Johnson is.

scarry.

All League
    o'brien had such a cannon. every game there was a BIG shot taken downfield. he just got so jittery back there because he never had any protection. the line could run block, but pass protection was non-existent. o'brien to toon could have been a great pairing....imagine the 2009 line with o'brien's rocket arm. that would be great to see.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Toooon! :yes:

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3543450]They should pull a Clock Work Orange on Braylon Edwards and make him watch 10,000 hours of Al Toon video's strapped into a seat with his eyes forced open listening to Bethoven.[/QUOTE]

:D LOL!!!

What I remember about O'Brien was how often the ball slipped out of his hands. I always thought it was because he was scarred to death behind that o line which caused him to sweat like a horse. Sweaty hands cause many a slippery pass. :yes:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=jims jetts;3543491]Great WR and post,thanks for the post![/QUOTE]
    Hey, I found this from your KOB videos! That was a great thread. Like everyone said, throwing the ball was 2nd nature for KOB. What a bazooka!

Al Toon used to make those moves in the "short zone" meaning breaking the first tackle. Tough dude; Walton was so inept (Kotite was O-Co :rolleyes:) that he kept posting up Toon with 8 yeard hooks to move the chains, and the linebackers like Shane (Matthews-Bills) would slam him to the turf. Horrible coaching.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3543667]imo, toon was every bit as good as jerry rice. there's a reason why toon was drafted before rice. the big difference was the system each guy played in and the number of hits toon took over his career.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3543716]Absolutely! Toon was as good or better than any WR I have ever seen play the game.[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper: