Thread: Sanchez: Knee will be ready for camp

Veteran

Sanchez: Knee will be ready for camp

Sanchez: Knee will be ready for camp
    Apr
    4/1/2010 6:19:59 AM | More

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post reports without throwing a pass yesterday, Mark Sanchez delivered a strike -- giving the kind of news every Jets fan wants to hear.

"I'll absolutely be 100 percent by training camp and be ready to go for the season," Sanchez, recovering from offseason knee surgery, said in an interview with the team's Web site. "It's all right. It was pretty minor surgery."

Sanchez said he's been working out "like crazy" and the fact that he's needed to be around the team facility to rehab has been a blessing in disguise.

"I think this injury taught me a little about what needs to happen every offseason," Sanchez said. "Not the injury part, obviously, but staying here, being around. I almost wouldn't have known any better. I would've been home [in California], maybe watched some film and kind of gotten into the playbook a little bit, but not as focused as I was here."

Sanchez said he's glad he opted for the surgery.

"I knew it was something I didn't want to have to worry about later on in my career, just get it knocked out, suck it up for a couple of weeks and then get better.

"This eliminates the possibility of that happening again. It just kind of gives you peace of mind as an athlete, like 'All right, that's one less thing.' "

Jets Insider VIP
    Good

We'll be seeing a lot more of this. :yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQ8thzcT7s[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    I opened this thread in fear that it might be another lame stupid April Fools thread --

thankfully it wasnt

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Three words of advice Mark going into season 2010 -[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][B]SLIDE KELLY SLIDE!!!![/B][/SIZE]

:P