Thread: OT: Help Nick Mangold Feel Good About Nick Mangold!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

OT: Help Nick Mangold Feel Good About Nick Mangold!

Hey guys & gals of JI thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this one. I have been tweeting with some of the Jets & offered to make a donation to Alan Faneca's Epilepsy event next weekend by putting up a very rare NYJ limited edition tee shirt signed by both Mangold and Kevin Mawae.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/NICK-MANGOLD-KEVIN-MAWAE-SIGNED-NY-JETS-TEE-SHIRT_W0QQitemZ160419319615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item2559bc8f3f[/URL]

I will gladly donate ALL of the proceeds to Alan's event and looking to make this a little bit of a competition between Nick's autograph versus the other NYJ players. I am going to throw up another hat I have signed up by a bunch of players from last seasons Taste of the NFL just to see which one brings in more money for the charity. :D

Thanks again for any help you can give me even if it's just to pass the link along to someone who you think might want to bid on these items. I know times are tough for everyone right now & money is super tight, but U will be donating to a very worthy cause while helping me bust my favorite players chops.

So Blonde Beefcake, what cha think U R really worth? :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Ok now I just listed a Reebok Sideline Players cap with over FOURTEEN current players signatures plus new Head Coach Rex Ryan.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-JETS-REEBOK-CAP-SIGNED-BY-2009-2010-PLAYOFF-TEAM_W0QQitemZ160419505518QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2559bf656e[/URL]

All proceeds going to Alan's event & I really hope this item can blow away the Mangold/Mawae tee shirt! PLEASE give me the bragging rights to bust the Blonde Beefcake's "net worth" dictated by you, the real NY Jet fans!

Thanks again everyone, it's all in fun while helping a really worthwhile cause and much appreciated! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    No Kris Jenkins stuff? I want a "this shirt is too small" t-shirt with KJ's sig on it. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Limolady;3543813]Ok now I just listed a Reebok Sideline Players cap with over FOURTEEN current players signatures plus new Head Coach Rex Ryan.

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-JETS-REEBOK-CAP-SIGNED-BY-2009-2010-PLAYOFF-TEAM_W0QQitemZ160419505518QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2559bf656e[/URL]

All proceeds going to Alan's event & I really hope this item can blow away the Mangold/Mawae tee shirt! PLEASE give me the bragging rights to bust the Blonde Beefcake's "net worth" dictated by you, the real NY Jet fans!

Thanks again everyone, it's all in fun while helping a really worthwhile cause and much appreciated! :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm in. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=quantum;3543907]No Kris Jenkins stuff? I want a "this shirt is too small" t-shirt with KJ's sig on it. [/QUOTE]

If his 4XXX butt shows up at the Taste of the NFL on April 28th then you definitely got it Quantum. Only thing is where do I find a tee shirt that says "This Shirt Is Too Small"?

OMG that's too funny, I absolutely love it too. Do they have it in toddler sizes? LMAO! Ok, find me the shirt & I will do my best to rise to the challenge. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

OMG! Check out Nick's April Fools Day Video at work today! LMAO! Nicely done Blonde Beefcake, nicely done! :D

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlgeiTFTWIE[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Wow this is very, very sad. :(

I asked #74 to tweet about this very rare, one of a kind, have 2 have piece of NY Jets history to all his network connections in order to help raise a few extra bucks for Alan Faneca's Block Out Epilepsy event this Saturday night.

So far all he can get for his Probowler signature (rookie year) is a paltry $90.00?

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/NICK-MANGOLD-KEVIN-MAWAE-SIGNED-NY-JETS-TEE-SHIRT_W0QQitemZ160419319615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item2559bc8f3f[/URL]

C'mon Nick don't you know any "high rollers" that could at least bid the price of an event ticket? Geez, there is only two days left on this charity auction item so, I'll ask again, what cha really worth #74? :D

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/1et06d.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Anyone see this bit of news on Mangold? #1 Center in the league?

[URL]http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/06/best-centers-in-the-n-f-l-the-top-10-list/[/URL]

[B]Best Centers in the N.F.L.: The Top 10 List[/B]

By [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/author/andy-benoit/"][COLOR=#004276]ANDY BENOIT[/COLOR][/URL][I]Friendly Disclaimer: The following list is influenced largely – but not strictly – by film study of all 32 teams from the 2009 season. It is not a prediction for the 2010 season, though the future isn’t utterly ignored. Vague enough for you? Top 10 lists tend to be. That’s why most of you will have no trouble disagreeing with what you’re about to read.[/I]
    [B]10. Jason Brown, St. Louis Rams[/B]
    Smart and fundamentally sound, but his failure to win power struggles in the box made his debut season as the league’s highest-paid center a disappointment.
    [B]9. Ryan Kalil, Carolina Panthers[/B]
    Excellent pass-blocker against opponents who are stronger than him.
    [B]8. Shaun O’Hara, Giants[/B]
    The type of grainy veteran that opponents hate but teammates love.
    [B]7. Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis Colts[/B]
    Good enough for Peyton Manning, right?
    [B]6. Kevin Mawae, Tennessee Titans (currently a free agent)[/B]
    Could be the craftiest player in football.
    [B]5. Matt Birk, Baltimore Ravens[/B]
    Virtually never loses a trench battle. More important, has always made the players around him better.
    [B]4. Andre Gurode, Dallas Cowboys[/B]
    Classic downhill power blocker.
    [B]3. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns[/B]
    Looked like a 7-year veteran by the end of his rookie year. Sustains well in pass protection despite questionable strength, and is a portrait of athleticism in the run game.
    [B]2. Olin Kreutz, Chicago Bears[/B]
    These days, struggles occasionally with initial quickness. But over all, still gritty and mobile.
    [B]1. Nick Mangold, Jets[/B]
    Has become the fulcrum of the N.F.L.’s best offensive line.
    Wait, What About….
    [B]Jeff Faine, Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/B]
    Paid like a top-flight player but is used only as a cog.
    [B]Nick Hardwick, San Diego Chargers[/B]
    Serious injuries have cost him 16 games over the past two years.

All League
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3543813]Ok now I just listed a Reebok Sideline Players cap with over FOURTEEN current players signatures plus new Head Coach Rex Ryan.

Thanks again everyone, it's all in fun while helping a really worthwhile cause and much appreciated! :yes:[/QUOTE]Sweet. I'll throw in a a bid or two.

Mawae is dragging it down...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3548370]Mawae is dragging it down...[/QUOTE]

Oh c'mon OJ Kevin Mawae was a 6 time probowler during his tenure with the NY Jets & played over 180 consecutive games even when he was sick, injured & while his kid was in the ER at Winthrop Hospital a few years back.

If anything I would have thought Kevin added value to the item instead of detracting bids. In the meantime I asked Nick Mangold to tweet the tee shirt auction to all his cashed up player & media buddies in the hopes his rookie signature would raise more than the price of a ticket ($250) to the event.

So far the "blonde beefcake" NFL worth is a paltry $90.00 even though the NY Times voted him the #1 Center in the league? What league would that be? League of nations? CFL? :P
    Last edited by Limolady; 04-06-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Ok one day left on these auctions and so far:

Nick Mangold & his cashed up buddies - $90.00

Jetsinsider & the best fans in the NFL - $86.00

I'm sure Alan Faneca is so happy he listed Nick Mangold as a "marquee player" that's attending his charity event. In fact, I was going to the event even though I got a better offer from Alan & Nick's employer to go see the new stadium this Saturday to take in the Lacrosse games 2 see the stadium in "sports mode." But on second thought, what's better, hanging out with some players who may or may not be wearing green & white next season or meeting up with real friends and being one of the 1st people 2 see our new house in action?

Have fun Alan & Nick in Whippany, NJ Marriott & maybe I'll see ya at the Taste of the NFL on April 28th. :P

PS - I will report back here on Sunday or Monday & let everyone know how the new stadium is situated for the Draft Day party and any 411 I can get to pass along, thanks.
    Last edited by Limolady; 04-06-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Only NINE hours left on the Mangold/Mawae tee shirt & still holding steady at a paltry $90.00 for two probowler sigs. I guess I should have emailed Kevin Mawae to pass this around to the Tennessee players instead of Mangold & the NY Jet players. Things must be tight over at 1 Jets Drive.

I even offered that if someone bid $250 (the price of Alan's event ticket) I promised NOT to show up on Saturday night & bust their balls. You would think that would be priceless in itself.

I'll tweet it one more time (and come follow me ;)) "TheRealLimolady" on Twitter.com & see if I can get some last minute bids out of the NY Tightwads. :P

Here is the link for the item and hopefully raise a few dollars for this very worthy cause:

[URL]http://shop.ebay.com/limolady2004/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340[/URL]
    Last edited by Limolady; 04-07-2010 at 01:41 PM.