Thread: 2010 vs 2011 Bigger bang 4 the buck?

2010 vs 2011 Bigger bang 4 the buck?

Seriously now... There is a rumor that some "unnamed" team is looking to package their #2 pick this year along with their #1 pick next year for the Oakland Raiders 1st round pick at psn8.

Would it be better for the Jets to package their 2010 2nd round pick with next years #1 pick in exchange with the Raiders #8 pick this year?

We would then get two blue chip player this year that can help immediately in exchange for no #1 pick next year. Since alot of players came out early this year perhaps next years draft will not be as deep anyway?

Would this be a bigger bang 4 the buck 4 the Jets?

If they did this, who would we take at #8 and #29?

I would take at #8 Berry and at #29 WR

Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    i like this...allot.

that would pretty much be a no-brainer. Raiders would never do it with Jets since our 2nd rounder is so late and our 1st rounder next year will be the last pick of the first round

If the Raiders are considering this, it must be an offer from a team with an early 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    that would pretty much be a no-brainer. Raiders would never do it with Jets since our 2nd rounder is so late and our 1st rounder next year will be the last pick of the first round

If the Raiders are considering this, it must be an offer from a team with an early 2nd rounder.
    Exactly. Fun to talk about, would never happen (Not with us at least).

But hypothetically, I'd hope for Eric Berry and Jerry Hughes and make this defense studly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Seriously now... There is a rumor that some "unnamed" team is looking to package their #2 pick this year along with their #1 pick next year for the Oakland Raiders 1st round pick at psn8.

Would it be better for the Jets to package their 2010 2nd round pick with next years #1 pick in exchange with the Raiders #8 pick this year?

We would then get two blue chip player this year that can help immediately in exchange for no #1 pick next year. Since alot of players came out early this year perhaps next years draft will not be as deep anyway?

Would this be a bigger bang 4 the buck 4 the Jets?

If they did this, who would we take at #8 and #29?

I would take at #8 Berry and at #29 WR

Thoughts?
    Probably the Pats. They have 3 #2s this year and 2 #1s next year (1 being the Raiders)...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Probably the Pats. They have 3 #2s this year and 2 #1s next year (1 being the Raiders)...
    Like I've said in another thread, the Pats are notorious for not wanting to pay Top 10 picks. No chance it's them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Like I've said in another thread, the Pats are notorious for not wanting to pay Top 10 picks. No chance it's them.
    True. Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I wouldn't say 'no' chance.

It's very slim with a rookie salary cap looming though.

However, they'd be getting an 8 this year and only giving up a early-late 20's next year.

It wouldn't be a bad business decision, since it would be a trade essentially to replace Seymour on the line, IMO.

All Pro
    i don't want to ditch our next year's first unless it has to do with getting Bryant.

I honestly don't think we're going WR in 1st or 2nd this year, and next year there's a couple of sick ppl coming out, (jones & baldwin) and it would be a great time to spend that #1 pick on one of them

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    i don't want to ditch our next year's first unless it has to do with getting Bryant.

I honestly don't think we're going WR in 1st or 2nd this year, and next year there's a couple of sick ppl coming out, (jones & baldwin) and it would be a great time to spend that #1 pick on one of them
    There are, in fact, 4 sick WRs who will probably come out next year. Mike Floyd and AJ Green in addition the the guys you mentioned.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There are, in fact, 4 sick WRs who will probably come out next year. Mike Floyd and AJ Green in addition the the guys you mentioned.
    oh i know

I'm partial to the 2 i mentioned though. Green goes 1st, and floyd we'll see.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    oh i know

I'm partial the 2 i mentioned though. Green goes 1st, and floyd we'll see.
    I like all 4 almost equally. But if I was forced to pick just one it would probably be Floyd... maybe Baldwin. I reserve the right to change my mind at least 3 dozen times before next year.

Big fan of Mike Floyd, and dont forget about Mr. Brown down in Mississippi..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    Big fan of Mike Floyd, and dont forget about Mr. Brown down in Mississippi..
    He's another very good player... just not quite on the level of the other 4. Those big 4 all have top 10 ability IMO.

All Pro
    I reserve the right to change my mind at least 3 dozen times before next year.
    lol, totally. Ya i think you're right, assuming none them get their rear ends suspended and such, they've all been producing like top 10 talent, Green seems so far the most likely to be off the board right away, and ima pray.. .PRAY TO JEEESUSSS that Baldwin will land far back enough to make play on.