Thread: What would you change about the gameplay of Madden?

What would you change about the gameplay of Madden?

A quality tester for Madden NFL 11 wants your opinion, give him some insight as to what you think needs fixed Help Me Help You Madden Issues

Chow is a past Madden Challenge Champion and he now works in Baton Rouge, LA working on quality control for EA Sports, specifically on Madden NFL Football.

He is a great guy, he takes this very serious, and he'd like as much input on what people do not like about Madden gameplay.

This is gameplay specific, not about game modes or features.

Banned
    Madden is the best football game ever. I really don't know what improvements can be made. Kinda like asking what improvements can be made to "The Godfather."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dse2010 View Post
    A quality tester for Madden NFL 11 wants your opinion, give him some insight as to what you think needs fixed Help Me Help You Madden Issues

Chow is a past Madden Challenge Champion and he now works in Baton Rouge, LA working on quality control for EA Sports, specifically on Madden NFL Football.

He is a great guy, he takes this very serious, and he'd like as much input on what people do not like about Madden gameplay.

This is gameplay specific, not about game modes or features.
    eliminate the WR warp forward. When a pass is thrown too far for a WR he either gains super human speed or warps forward to compensate making it almost impossible to cover some crossing patterns.

Ive been a madden addict for 10 plus years so think I/m very qualified for this...

- Passing game needs work to make it more realistic. You can tear teams apart with simple slants and flats with the occasional bomb mixed in. I love what they have done recently with pass protection and how you are forced to make adjustments. I cant stand when an elite superstar WR such as Calvin Johnson/Fitz drops pass after pass as if theyre some 5th string scrub. One on one jump balls between an elite WR and average DB need to play towards the offense more and vice versa.

-I think a major improvement, would be adjustments by the AI... for example say you run to the left a lot or throw to one particular WR. The defense should shift they're coverage or try to minimize your strengths with doubling top talent more.

- Running the ball has taken major strides over the years but theres a lot of small things that ruin the experience. 1) it pays to have speed backs... Power backs are too slow to outrun anyone and rarely break tackles at or behind the line. Sure theyll run over DB's in the open field but rarley get there. Point is with all the jukes and stiff arms these guys should be harder to bring down one on one. 2) running blocking has improved very much but i cant stand when you run through a hole and a defender who is totally engaged snaps off the block and makes the tackle.

- formation personal should be adjustable like it was in the old days. Why cant I control who on the kickoff coverage squad like i could in the ps2 versions years ago? Im sick of having multiple starters do special teams duties just to be worn down and subbed out on defense.

- Homefield advantage the way it happens in ncaa football would be a interesting addition. (difficulty to audible due to crowd noise)

- Contract negotiations have zero wiggle room. why cant we incorporate incentive based contracts, playing time promises etc...

- Pass rushing has improved but i still dont get how I can have 4, 95+ overall players on the D-line and never get sacks unless i control one of them. If i have merriman and demarcus ware pass rushing every defensive snap how are they not ending the season with 10+ sacks every season? The pass rushing demons should be a nightmare for offenses whether its by the computer or a human.

I know these are random non organized ramblings but if you like pm me and ill try to put something more comprehend-able and well thought out together.

All League
    From my experience a WR with a 97 speed but is a 70 overall is usually better than a WR with 89 speed but 90 overall. That should change if it hasn't already.