Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles-Browns make 5-player deal

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagles-Browns make 5-player deal

Eagles-Browns make 5-player deal: Browns get CB Sheldon Brown, LB Chris Gocong; Eagles get 4th and 5th rd picks, LB Alex Hall

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell. I'd be much happier with Sheldon Brown than Cromartie. Why did he go so cheap?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOoh nice trade for the Browns.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks like McNadds is going to the Raiders for Aso. Good for them I guess. I'm not sure how I feel about this honestly.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eagles got the better of that deal

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's only 3 players but still....Sheldon Brown was unhappy and wanted out so he got it. Good deal for both teams.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3544922]What the hell. I'd be much happier with Sheldon Brown than Cromartie. Why did he go so cheap?[/QUOTE]

I remember when Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard were consider one of if not the best CB duos in the league.

I guess Philly didnt really need him anymore with the two former Pats (Samuel and Hobbs) and they just signed Marlin Jackson (who I was hoping we would of signed) as well.

Also could indicate that McNabb is going to Oakland for Aso like the above poster pointed out, Philly seems to ALWAYS be stacked at DB.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3544938]I remember when Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard were consider one of if not the best CB duos in the league.

I guess Philly didnt really need him anymore with the two former Pats (Samuel and Hobbs) and they just signed Marlin Jackson (who I was hoping we would of signed) as well.

Also could indicate that McNabb is going to Oakland for Aso like the above poster pointed out, Philly seems to ALWAYS be stacked at DB.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention stacked in the draft.....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    With this trade it shakes up the top of the draft. The Browns do not have to go for the db from Florida Haden. They can draft the safety Berry if he is there or go for the best available or even trade down. Gocong is a nice add in for the Browns. I remember when he came out I wanted the Jets to get him. With the Wimbley trade Gocong can take his position. I like what Holgrem is doing. Good move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the Jets wanting Gocong big-time in the draft a few years back, looks like Mangini finally got him. We ended up with Kellen f'ing Clemens instead :steamin:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, the word was that Mangini wanted Gocong in the 2006 draft, but when the Eagles grabbed him, he ended up with Anthony Schlegel. :(

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3544922]What the hell. I'd be much happier with Sheldon Brown than Cromartie. Why did he go so cheap?[/QUOTE]

No. Thank you, but ... yeah, no. Cromartie is better than Brown.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jerricho89;3545018]If I remember correctly, the word was that Mangini wanted Gocong in the 2006 draft, but when the Eagles grabbed him, he ended up with Anthony Schlegel. :([/QUOTE]

Was it Schegel? I thought it was Clemens but maybe I'm remembering wrong. Both completely awful players though

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3545015]I remember the Jets wanting Gocong big-time in the draft a few years back, looks like Mangini finally got him. We ended up with Kellen f'ing Clemens instead :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Gocong was the guy we actually agreed to a trade with the Eagles to move up and take him, but right before the pick, the Eagles backed out and took him themselves.

I think we even told the Eagles who we were trading up to take and they said ok...then upon further reflection said "never mind, WE'RE going to take him". :steamin:

I've never rooted for a player to get hurt, but when he got hurt his first year and missed the entire season, I was damn happy that it happened to the Eagles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if they'll release Trusnik - he and Gocong are similar players

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Good pick-up for Cleveland. Holmgren is doing a great job so far. Brown a very good Corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3545015]I remember the Jets wanting Gocong big-time in the draft a few years back, looks like Mangini finally got him. We ended up with Kellen f'ing Clemens instead :steamin:[/QUOTE]

No we got the boar hunter instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

They both suck, its all good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3545065]Gocong was the guy we actually agreed to a trade with the Eagles to move up and take him, but right before the pick, the Eagles backed out and took him themselves.

I think we even told the Eagles who we were trading up to take and they said ok...then upon further reflection said "never mind, WE'RE going to take him". :steamin:

I've never rooted for a player to get hurt, but when he got hurt his first year and missed the entire season, I was damn happy that it happened to the Eagles.[/QUOTE]

No no no

Gocong was there for us in the 3rd round we didn't have to trade up at all. The Jets had told Gocong (supposidley) that they were going to pick him. Instead we traded down with the Eagles and they promptly took him leaving us with Schlegel.

By FAR the worst part of that whole scenario was the value of the trade. We got a measly 7th rounder for moving down 71st to 76th in the 3rd round. With that pick we chose the immortal Titus Adams if I am not mistaken. Trading down in the 3rd round a team should never settle for less than a 6th rounder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3545143]No no no

[B]Gocong was there for us in the 3rd round we didn't have to trade up at all. The Jets had told Gocong (supposidley) that they were going to pick him. Instead we traded down with the Eagles and they promptly took him leaving us with Schlegel.[/B]

By FAR the worst part of that whole scenario was the value of the trade. We got a measly 7th rounder for moving down 71st to 76th in the 3rd round. With that pick we chose the immortal Titus Adams if I am not mistaken. Trading down in the 3rd round a team should never settle for less than a 6th rounder.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's right, I had it backwards.

But the Eagles did screw us, no?