Thread: What's everyone cooking for Easter?

Hall Of Fame

What's everyone cooking for Easter?

Going to my sister-in-law's, I'm bringing:

Lasagna--make it early Sunday am--traditional red meat "sugo" (not going gravy/sauce here :D ), not a bechamel--which I've never made.

Grilled Baby Loin Lamb Chops--brushed liberally with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh ground rosemary. This will be an appetizer.

Probably bring a white and a red wine.

Anyone?

Spleen. Propertly vented, of course.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3544960]Going to my sister-in-law's, I'm bringing:

Lasagna--make it early Sunday am--traditional red meat "sugo" (not going gravy/sauce here :D ), not a bechamel--which I've never made.

Grilled Baby Loin Lamb Chops--brushed liberally with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh ground rosemary. This will be an appetizer.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]
    rabbit

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'm not gonna touch that one.....Lasagna, Ham etc...Easter Pie...

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome, Stokes. I'm going to my folks' house so I try to stay out of their way, but I pitch in with the cooking and my wife does the antipasto platters with my Dad. I usually bring over some Champagne for an apéritif and a rosemary focaccia, which I'll bake tomorrow afternoon. Last time I brought it, no one ate my Mom's bread. LOL. One day, if you behave and/or send me a case of Spaten, I'll give you the few tricks to making it.

All League
    Going to my folks house, bringing red wine and dessert. Having roasted leg of lamb with potatoes and spinach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

My brother and his wife are hosting at their new place, serving BBQ'd tri-tip, and they usually make this salad that has greens, mandarin oranges, some type of nuts (walnuts maybe), chunks of cheese, it's really tasty. And he's got a new kegerator too :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3545004]Sounds awesome, Stokes. I'm going to my folks' house so I try to stay out of their way, but I pitch in with the cooking and my wife does the antipasto platters with my Dad. I usually bring over some Champagne for an apéritif and a [B]rosemary focaccia[/B], which I'll bake tomorrow afternoon. Last time I brought it, no one ate my Mom's bread. LOL. One day, if you behave and/or send me a case of Spaten, I'll give you the few tricks to making it.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I make a focaccia with roasted diced potatoes, pancetta and rosemary--but I don't make the focaccia!!

I just buy a big old plain one from the Rockland Bakery and only do the toppings myself :O

Never could bake. I can't be that exacting with ingredients.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hamburgers!!

[QUOTE=JStokes;3545016]Lol, I make a focaccia with roasted diced potatoes, pancetta and rosemary--but I don't make the focaccia!!

I just buy a big old plain one from the Rockland Bakery and only do the toppings myself :O

[B]Never could bake.[/B] I can't be that exacting with ingredients.[/QUOTE]

I show you one time, and you'll probably make it better than me.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3545016]Lol, I make a focaccia with roasted diced potatoes, pancetta and rosemary--but I don't make the focaccia!!

I just buy a big old plain one from the [B]Rockland Bakery[/B] and only do the toppings myself :O

Never could bake. I can't be that exacting with ingredients.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

I'm 10 minutes from there. You can smell that place from a mile away.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Lamb chops for an appetizer?

See you at 3:00

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3545055]:drool:

I'm 10 minutes from there. You can smell that place from a mile away.[/QUOTE]

Love that place.

[QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3545061]Lamb chops for an appetizer?

See you at 3:00[/QUOTE]

One minute late and you're out of luck.

Oh, they'll be gone by 3:00.

So freaking good, but gotta be nice thick loin chops, not the lamb rib chops. :yes:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    No frickin' clue. I'll be on Hilton Head Island. Whateva' the wife cooks I guess. I know the beer will be cold! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3545118]No frickin' clue. I'll be on Hilton Head Island. Whateva' the wife cooks I guess. I know the beer will be cold! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, you still here?

I just posted something mean about you in another thread.

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;3545109]Love that place.

[B]One minute late and you're out of luck.

Oh, they'll be gone by 3:00. [/B]

So freaking good, but gotta be nice thick loin chops, not the lamb rib chops. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Crap, I gotta work till 2:30

Wont save me any? :huh: