Thread: Sanchez still not running after surgery?

Hall Of Fame

Sanchez still not running after surgery?

As long as he's ready for training camp, we should all be happy, but it would be nice if he were already running and could participate in mini-camps this summer. Kind of hoped he'd be throwing to Braylon to build some chemistry.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/04/jets_quarterback_mark_sanchez.html[/url]

AFC East, Breaking News, Must-See Sports Stories »
    Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez still not running six weeks after left knee surgery
    By Manish Mehta/The Star-Ledger
    April 01, 2010, 4:16PM

Here’s the puzzling part of Mark Sanchez’s “minor” surgery six weeks ago: [B]He’s still not running.
    Even though the Jets’ franchise quarterback declared he’ll be ready for the start of training camp in late July, he didn’t know when he’d be able to resume football-related activities[/B], leaving open the very [B]real possibility that he’ll miss a significant portion of the Organized Team Activities and mini-camp this summer. [/B]
    “The doctors are pleased with the progress,” Sanchez said during the team’s first offseason media session Thursday. “All they said is that they’re happy and pleased and things are going just fine. So I’ll definitely be back for training camp.”

Sanchez underwent left knee surgery on Feb. 17 to strengthen his patella stabilizing ligament in what he deemed as a surgical “layup.” He originally dislocated his left knee before his junior year at USC and injured it again against the Carolina Panthers in Week 12 last season. The procedure, designed to eliminate future tweaks of the knee cap, kept him off his feet for a few days.

His inability to drive a car for the first two weeks after the surgery prompted Jets trainers to hold rehab sessions in the quarterback's living room. For now, Sanchez said he’s working on his leg strength and range of motion. The second-year pro admitted[B] he has “no clue yet” when he’ll be able to resume football-related activities. [/B]
    “They’ve used the term ‘cautiously aggressive.’” Sanchez said. “They want to make sure that I’m getting sore—the right kind of sore-- without hurting it. The sore that you bounce back from. It’s getting stronger. It’s feeling good. I’m just happy I can walk around already.”

[B]In the meantime, Sanchez has spent plenty of time reviewing game tape from last season.

“It was a great opportunity to really log some hours that I was going to do later on in the summer,” he said. “It kind of put me ahead of the game mentally. It gave me a good perspective on what I can accomplish in the offseason those early few weeks.” [/B]

Sanchez will likely need a brace when he first returns to the field.

“I’m not worried … it’s fine,” he said. “I think maybe at the beginning I should wear something. But they said it should be stronger than it ever was. So it’ll be something I won’t have to worry about happening again hopefully.”

Jets Insider VIP
    there was a similar alarmist report today in the Daily News from that noted Orthopedist, Dr Richard Cimini. Dr. Cimini concluded that Sanchez not running six weeks after his surgery is conclusive medical proof that the procedure done was "more complex" than just arthoscopic surgery.

Apparently Dr Cimini reached this conclusion after pooling his extensive medical knowledge and experience with that of Dr. Manesh Mehta of New Jersey, Chief Medical Advisor to the Taliban.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't post it to critique the procedure or to make any conjecture as to his recovery.

Didn't mean to start panic, real or imagined.

I'm just surprised that he's not running is all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=sg3;3545156]there was a similar alarmist report today in the Daily News from that noted Orthopedist, Dr Richard Cimini. Dr. Cimini concluded that Sanchez not running six weeks after his surgery is conclusive medical proof that the procedure done was "more complex" than just arthoscopic surgery.

Apparently Dr Cimini reached this conclusion after pooling his extensive medical knowledge and experience with that of Dr. Manesh Mehta of New Jersey, Chief Medical Advisor to the Taliban.[/QUOTE]

STOP IT!!!! LMAO!!! :fabulous1

Thanks for making me spit out my coffee all over the place from laughing so hard SG3!!:sultry:

[QUOTE=sg3;3545156]Apparently Dr Cimini reached this conclusion after pooling his extensive medical knowledge and experience with that of Dr. Manesh Mehta of New Jersey, Chief Medical Advisor to the Taliban.[/QUOTE]

You're not funny.

But this was.

lol

Rookie
    Not good news!

Mark Sanchez-QB-Jets Apr. 2 - 3:05 pm et

There is reportedly concern within the organization that Mark Sanchez (knee surgery) may miss all of the Jets' offseason program.

The Jets were reportedly disappointed that Sanchez put off his surgery until February 17. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but the Associated Press has already confirmed that he'll definitely miss some OTAs. Sanchez is still on track to be healthy before training camp. The surgery was a mere "scope."
    Source: ESPN.com

He said he'd be back 100% for TC.

He never alluded to anything other than that and neither did the coaching staff.

Anyone who thought he'd be back for OTA's and the mini were just overly optimistic.

Jets Insider VIP
    before the surgery was performed, everyone said he would miss OTA's and be ready for Training Camp...

now espn.com finds it SHOCKING, DISAPPOINTING AND CONCERNING that he will miss OTA's and be ready Training Camp.

[QUOTE=jims jetts;3545184]Not good news!

Mark Sanchez-QB-Jets Apr. 2 - 3:05 pm et

There is reportedly concern within the organization that Mark Sanchez (knee surgery) may miss all of the Jets' offseason program.

The Jets were reportedly disappointed that Sanchez put off his surgery until February 17. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but the Associated Press has already confirmed that he'll definitely miss some OTAs. Sanchez is still on track to be healthy before training camp. The surgery was a mere "scope."
    Source: ESPN.com[/QUOTE]
    lol I know this is BS because the Jets were the ones that wanted Sanchez to wait 2 weeks so he could have some time off from football.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3545203]lol I know this is BS because the Jets were the ones that wanted Sanchez to wait 2 weeks so he could have some time off from football.[/QUOTE]

+1000

total BS from Dr's Cimini and Manesh as expected

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3545160]I didn't post it to critique the procedure or to make any conjecture as to his recovery.

Didn't mean to start panic, real or imagined.

I'm just surprised that he's not running is all.[/QUOTE]

Christ, ACL, you are starting rehab the next day. That is strange...

Jets Insider VIP
    so far we have the Jet Doctors and Dr Andrews saying the surgery had no complications, was performed successfully and that rehap is on schedule

and on the other side we have Dr Richard Cimini and Dr Manash Mehta wringing their hands

Poor Cimini

If Sanchez isnt running does that mean that he isnt throwing either? If so Im a little concerned

Veteran
    Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? When he had the surgery there was talk he would miss the OTA's and be ready for camp. That is what is happening now and everyone is freaking out? He is rehabbing at the facility everyday. Alot of players don't, we should be happy he is in Jersey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=j e t s;3545631]Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? When he had the surgery there was talk he would miss the OTA's and be ready for camp. That is what is happening now and everyone is freaking out? He is rehabbing at the facility everyday. Alot of players don't, we should be happy he is in Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Hey there Emerson I just added U 2 my Twitter list & feel free to follow me too. My username is - TheRealLimolady - as (how stupid) there is a cheap imitation out there using "Limolady" already on Twitter, LOL!

Anywho I agree with U. What is Sanchez supposed to be a modern day Forrest Gump? Should he just start "running" right after surgery? Maybe Hard Knocks can do the whole baby Gump scene where they follow Sanchez in slow mo running from LB's and the knee braces pop off as he runs to the end zone! LMAO! :P

It is April 3rd.

Training Camp starts sometime in the final two weeks of July.

I think we'll be okay.

[QUOTE=j e t s;3545631]Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? When he had the surgery there was talk he would miss the OTA's and be ready for camp. That is what is happening now and everyone is freaking out? He is rehabbing at the facility everyday. Alot of players don't, we should be happy he is in Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Haha, whats up EmersonKnapp. This is Fear_The_Panda.

BTW, I agree with you, this was all stated to happen before, people need to take a chill pill.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No one is freaking out, and we know when he is supposed to be back, things can change real quick with a knee. I would thought he would have been running by now, not doing all out 40's but running....this was scope was it not, it wasn't ACL, MCL or both, where you are out for a year, and it takes 2 years to get back to full speed.

Mark Sanchez, however, has been running in a pool for the past couple weeks as his rehab from knee surgery progresses.

[url]http://twitter.com/ManishMehta1[/url]