Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The only way to beat Peyton in the playoffs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way to beat Peyton in the playoffs

I think i'll post this once a month or so...

Manning will have your defense figured out by the midpoint of the 2nd quarter.

You need to have 3 different defenses that are not rotated within the quarter, but, instead, are rotated each quarter. That is, let Manning work on figuring out what we're doing, then, when he does, change it, then, change it again 10-15 min later, then, change it for a final time in the 4th.

On top of doing this, dont use the clock to beat Manning. Force a shootout and force him into mistakes (ie - when does he throw ints? When do the Indy receivers drop his passes - which passes? etc)

[B]WHAT HAPPENED LAST SEASON CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN[B][/B][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3545853]I think i'll post this once a month or so...

You need to have 3 different defenses that are not rotated within the quarter, but, instead, are rotated each quarter. That is, let Manning work on figuring out what we're doing, then, when he does, change it, then, change it again 10-15 min later, then, change it for a final time in the 4th.

On top of doing this, dont use the clock to beat Manning. Force a shootout and force him into mistakes (ie - when does he throw ints? When do the Indy receivers drop his passes - which passes? etc)

[B]WHAT HAPPENED LAST SEASON CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN[B][/B][/B][/QUOTE]

Or we can fire Rex and hire Herm, trade Sanchez for Pennington then hand them another 41-0 beatdown lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3545865]Or we can fire Rex and hire Herm, trade Sanchez for Pennington then hand them another 41-0 beatdown lol[/QUOTE]

Also get Jordan back who had over 100 yds rushing and 2 td's in that game..:P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3545870]Also get Jordan back who had over 100 yds rushing and 2 td's in that game..:P[/QUOTE]

Got that right!

Can't forget my boy Richie Rich Anderson to set it off with another 40-50 yard screen for a TD to open the flood gates!!!

And the best part is I am 150% sure we won't have to see Oakland in the Divisional Round this time!!! LoL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

genius, you must be the one giving the saint coaching all the great advice. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to remember that Gregg Williams guy doing OK with less than three defenses.

I could be wrong, though

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or you hire Buddy Ryan for one game and put a bounty on him... :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Guess this was the Saints plan?

And has been used often given Mannings mediocre playoff record. :zzz:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manning beat us because we couldn't cover. Scheme doesn't matter when you get beat one on one. Hell, 5 yard slants were turning into 20 yard gains. Also, we could've used a pass rusher, and a healthy Shonn Greene.

But thanks for the insight, Schroy, I think we all needed one of your threads.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3545870]Also get Jordan back who had over 100 yds rushing and 2 td's in that game..:P[/QUOTE]

Typical Jordan.

Pick up some yardage in garbage time OR simply pad the stats in the 4th Q after Curtis wears down the defense in the first 3 Q's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3546423]Typical Jordan.

Pick up some yardage in garbage time OR simply pad the stats in the 4th Q after Curtis wears down the defense in the first 3 Q's.[/QUOTE]

And another Martinette heard from.. Martin had 16 big carries and Jordan scored his first td in the 2nd quarter.. I suppose Greene's only success was because TJ wore the Defense down also??:rolleyes: Why do Martintte's hate every other RB on the team that Martin played on?? BTW no one could pad stats like the compiler. In 03 alone out of the playoffs in the final 6 games from the last week of Nov to the end of the season he had 145 carries Jordan 1..Why? He had no td's and just a little over 800 yds rushing and that just wouldn't do..:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't post this once a month. Insight this powerful is too much for our average minds to handle in repeat doses...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that by simply getting Peyton Manning out of the dome you take away some of his weapons. He can't toss the ball around the yard like it's a carnival when he's got to compete with swirling Meadowlands winds. That by default will take away some of his effectiveness.

But what you say is very much correct. Peyton Manning is a student of the game. He is as cerebral a QB as they come. He is also aided by one of the best OL in the game today. They are all very athletic and strong. So once Peyton identifies what the defense is doing (and he will identify that very quickly), we must change things up to throw him off his game again and make him search for answers. Use the circumstances of the Colts potentially having to play the Jets in the meadowlands to roll things up closer to the LOS because he won't have any success throwing 35 and 40 yard bombs to Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie. The winds will knock those passes down before they get started.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3546443]And another Martinette heard from.. Martin had 16 big carries and Jordan scored his first td in the 2nd quarter.. I suppose Greene's only success was because TJ wore the Defense down also??:rolleyes: Why do Martintte's hate every other RB on the team that Martin played on?? BTW no one could pad stats like the compiler. In 03 alone out of the playoffs in the final 6 games from the last week of Nov to the end of the season he had 145 carries Jordan 1..Why? He had no td's and just a little over 800 yds rushing and that just wouldn't do..:eek:[/QUOTE]

Ha. Please Savage. I've known your shtick for YEARS whether it was on here, or on the "other board". You're a Martin HATER and that is a fact, there is no worse breed. You're not worth the time when it comes to Curtis. You're a good dude besides when you're talking about Martin. Clear hatred. I guess he knocked up a daughter or something.

Martin is a great whether you want to admit it or not. But keep trying to convince yourself otherwise. I mean, hell, his bad 98 AFC Championship performance is the lone reason why the Jets lost, right? He is over-rated because he couldn't lift buildings that day, Right? It had nothing to do with the Jets losing the turnover battle 6 to 0. Nope. That had zero effect. ;)

Like I said, you're a good dude, but when it comes to CM you just aren't worth it.

Take care old man.
    Last edited by 124; 04-04-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInSec230;3546492]Ha. Please Savage. I've known your shtick for YEARS whether it was on here, or on the "other board". You're a Martin HATER and that is a fact, there is no worse breed. You're not worth the time when it comes to Curtis. You're a good dude besides when you're talking about Martin. Clear hatred. I guess he knocked up a daughter or something.

Martin is a great whether you want to admit it or not. But keep trying to convince yourself otherwise. I mean, hell, his bad 98 AFC Championship performance is the lone reason why the Jets lost, right? He is over-rated because he couldn't lift buildings that day, Right? It had nothing to do with the Jets losing the turnover battle 6 to 0. Nope. That had zero effect. ;)

Like I said, you're a good dude, but when it comes to CM you just aren't worth it.

Take care old man.[/QUOTE]
    I was answering a joke post by PaPZ187 about bringing Hermie back and trading Sanchez for Chad..I included a :P in my post and he took it the right way there was no mention of Martin till you had to put you slam post on Jordan.. I don't even mention Martin unless one of you Martintte's bring him up to kiss his Butt and worship him..:rolleyes: BTW the turnover battle was a killer and Cumar added one.. And forget the Denver game, 3.5 ypc and 8 td's for the whole 98 season was mind blowing for you?? Then you must think TJ was the best Jet back ever..:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3546447]Please don't post this once a month. Insight this powerful is too much for our average minds to handle in repeat doses...[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3546465]Don't forget that by simply getting Peyton Manning out of the dome you take away some of his weapons. He can't toss the ball around the yard like it's a carnival when he's got to compete with swirling Meadowlands winds. That by default will take away some of his effectiveness.

[/QUOTE]

On the money win home field advantage during the season. There's no place like Dome for a deadly accurate passer.

One of the reasons the Eagles are reloading in my opinion is they blew the Dallas game which would have set them up for home field throughout the playoffs against either the Saints or the Vikes would have given them a hell of a chance to get back to the SB. That loss closed the SB window for that team. The Jets need to build and make a run through the Meadowlands.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3547066]The only "reliable" formula for beating a Great QB is a relentless pass rush without being overly reliant on the blitz

Or as Mike Tyson once said ... everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

You may beat him other ways on occasion, but that is the only reliable formula that gives you a 50-50 shot

Always has been and always will be[/QUOTE]

I actually thought this is what the OP was going to say but I agree with you 100%!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deny him the ball with your running game.
    Then play like the Pats did when they beat him.
    No, not steal his plays -
    Rush 3 or 4, and drop guys into mixed coverages.
    The 3 or 4 you do rush have to get there before 4 seconds though.