Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want Jordan Shipley with our second round pick

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Shipley makes me lament NOT having a 3rd RD Pick in this draft, because I love him for the slot as well, but a 2 is too high and IMO there's no way he's there in RD 4, so the perfect spot to take him would be RD 3 if we still had a 3

Having said that, I wouldn't complain if we reached in RD 2, because ultimately the pick will be justified (OR NOT) "on the field", and IMO Shipely will most likely justify the pick even though he does not carry a 2nd RD Grade

Think of it this way ..

Wayne Chrebet carried a UDFA Grade and had the Jets taken him, oh say, in RD's 4 or 5, that pick would have been viewed as a reach and rightfully so, but one year later that same pick would have been viewed as a steal

I kind of look at Shipely the same way which is why I wouldn't complain if we reached, and RD 2 would represent a reach based on his current grade, but ultimately its a good pick if he turns into Wayne Chrebet

Would I take him in RD 2 ??

NO, because I wouldn't go that far off my board, just saying I wouldn't complain if the Jets did it because I can see where Shipley will make them look smart "on the field" where it counts
    Ham, you summed up my feelings to a "T" on this one. Shipley has a mid-third round grade, but since we don't have a third, I'm comfortable reaching half a round to fill a need. If we weren't picking at the very bottom of round 2, I would feel differently, but we're not.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    +1

Been saying this for a while...no one's going to take a 25 year old slot WR in the 2nd round. There's like 10 guys I'd rather have...if you're looking for a white WR then Riley Cooper, Blair White, and Brian Anderson are all better options.
    What is your deal dude? Why, everytime, do you feel the need to bring up the fact that white players are white?
    Players are players, there's no need to comment on skin color EVERY SINGLE TIME you get a tiny opportunity to.
    I'm far from sensitive on the situation but it's already annoying to me... and it is honestly starting to get a little offensive.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and the word black got attached to every black players name.... this board would have been shut down by Al Sharpton long ago.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-08-2010 at 09:48 AM.

^^ Apologies...I ignore how sensitive race is as an issue...I do have to sarcastically thank you for now drawing attention to a post made a 4-5 days ago because I said white.

Also...lets face it...skin color plays into perceptions...there's no shame in Shipley being white, and it's certainly a part of his total package when he's marketing himself, no? I guess that's a discussion for another day when race isn't such a worry. At least I didn't call him a ghetto ho with a chip on his shoulder or something.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-08-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    McCluster is a good pick, but he's not a Slot receiver. That said, I would love to grab him in the second. Shipley would be an ideal 3rd round pick if we can get one and if he lasts that long (McCluster coming in, Leon going out for a 3?). As a Husker and a Big XII fan in general, I've seen Shipley quite a bit...Great hands and deceptively good speed...he'd work out very well for us. If we can't get him, there are a bunch of other guys we can turn to for rounds 4-6.
    Last edited by NYJ0815; 04-08-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    ^^ Apologies...I ignore how sensitive race is as an issue...I do have to sarcastically thank you for now drawing attention to a post made a 4-5 days ago because I said white.

Also...lets face it...skin color plays into perceptions...there's no shame in Shipley being white, and it's certainly a part of his total package when he's marketing himself, no? I guess that's a discussion for another day when race isn't such a worry.
    No need to appologise man... I just get a little annoyed whenever the race card is played in any way(for good, bad, benifite or fault).

To me, weather he is Jim Leonhard or Kerry Rhodes.... Demaryius Thomas or Jordan Shipley... if the guy can play, he can play... if not, so be it. Color should not ever be a factor when comparing players. JMO.

Jordan Shipley in 2nd? Say it ain't so! Why moving up?> a few teams love him, 3rd at the latest

Any buzz on Riley Cooper or Jordan Shipley?> buzz on both.. could see them both in 2nd round

http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    From Len Pasquarelli in his latest "Notes" column:

"Texas quarterback Colt McCoy performed well in his workout this week, but the player who might have helped himself the most at the Longhorns' pro day was wide receiver Jordan Shipley. The wideout was very fluid, caught the ball well, and ran in the low 4.5s. Shipley is not quite as quick as Wes Welker, but he has more vertical speed than the New England star and is going to make a very good slot receiver and a potentially explosive kick returner. "

The fact that he can handle KOs and play the slot would fill two big needs for us. I'd love Demaryius Thomas as well, but I think a slot receiver is a bigger need right now.
    What does that even mean?

Why can't Demaryius play the slot?

Give him that 9 route, let Braylon, Keller, Cotch play short-to-medium range, and let the hounds loose!!!!!!!!

All aboard the Demaryius Thomas express!!!

+1

Been saying this for a while...no one's going to take a 25 year old slot WR in the 2nd round. There's like 10 guys I'd rather have...if you're looking for a white WR then Riley Cooper, Blair White, and Brian Anderson are all better options.