Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want Jordan Shipley with our second round pick

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Jordan Shipley with our second round pick

From Len Pasquarelli in his latest "Notes" column:

"Texas quarterback Colt McCoy performed well in his workout this week, but the player who might have helped himself the most at the Longhorns' pro day was wide receiver Jordan Shipley. The wideout was very fluid, caught the ball well, and ran in the low 4.5s. Shipley is not quite as quick as Wes Welker, but he has more vertical speed than the New England star and is going to make a very good slot receiver and a potentially explosive kick returner. "

The fact that he can handle KOs and play the slot would fill two big needs for us. I'd love Demaryius Thomas as well, but I think a slot receiver is a bigger need right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree

Shipley would be our perfrect #3 slot WR.
    He is perfect 2nd rnd pick for the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the vast minority but I'm not a huge fan. I'm not saying the guy stinks or anything but I don't think he worth a 2nd round pick and even though he put up good numbers I just wasn't awestruck the couple times I saw the guy play this year. Something just doesn't sit right for me.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 04-03-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm in the vast minority but I'm not a huge fan. I'm not saying the guy stinks or anything but I don't think he worth a 2nd round pick and even though he put up good numbers I just wasn't awestruck the couple times I saw the guy play this year. Something just doesn't site right for me.
    +1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the vast minority but I'm not a huge fan. I'm not saying the guy stinks or anything but I don't think he worth a 2nd round pick and even though he put up good numbers I just wasn't awestruck the couple times I saw the guy play this year. Something just doesn't site right for me.
    I say let him pass and draft Blair White in the 7th

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You shouldn't when he's a 4th round prospect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lord no. 2nd round?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I say let him pass and draft Blair White in the 7th
    +1 - I like Shipley, but White is damn good too and should come much, much cheaper...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    +1

I'd love Shipley with the Kerry Rhodes pic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the vast minority but I'm not a huge fan. I'm not saying the guy stinks or anything but I don't think he worth a 2nd round pick and even though he put up good numbers I just wasn't awestruck the couple times I saw the guy play this year. Something just doesn't sit right for me.
    +1

Been saying this for a while...no one's going to take a 25 year old slot WR in the 2nd round. There's like 10 guys I'd rather have...if you're looking for a white WR then Riley Cooper, Blair White, and Brian Anderson are all better options.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not in the 2nd. Maybe in the 4th and even then there's other players I'd rather have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're picking in the 4th, still prefer Jacoby Ford who is quicker, much faster and also returns punts.
    But Shipley is a nice choice if Ford is gone. Second round ia a major reach.
    BTW, is Thomas off crutches yet and out of his boot? Damaged goods until proven otherwise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    +1 i also like Shipley but that's about 2 rounds too early

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    See if Shipley is there in the 4th round. We do have a hole at slot receiver/#3 wiedout but with Cotchery/Edwards and Keller I don't think it's a huge need.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    If you're picking in the 4th, still prefer Jacoby Ford who is quicker, much faster and also returns punts.
    But Shipley is a nice choice if Ford is gone.
    Ford is more of a late round pick than Shipley, who supposedly has the route running and intelligence to contribute immediately. Ford sounds like Clowney 2.0 -- very fast straight line speed, but not much else. He's a major project.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I would be the one to have say not in the 2nd round. But it appears everyone beat me to it. Not in the 2nd round. If he is there in the 4th and we havent gone WR in 1 or 2, then consider him. Not before then

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree ham, the jets sure could use a 3rd round pick in this draft.

is mccluster worth the jets 2nd round pick? is he a legit slot guy - what if they dealt leon for a 4th, then drafted mccluster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Ford is more of a late round pick than Shipley, who supposedly has the route running and intelligence to contribute immediately. Ford sounds like Clowney 2.0 -- very fast straight line speed, but not much else. He's a major project.

Ford is much faster than Clowney ever dreamed of being and he was pretty productive in a run heavy (CJ Spiller) offense. He can be straight line and /or quick. And he runs back kicks and punts.
    Shipley is more polished but is much older and actually a lot slower.
    Shipley is a possession receiver (not a bad thing) and a pretty tough player. I would rather either in the fourth than a Tate in the first.
    I have seen Ford slated 3-4 round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i agree ham, the jets sure could use a 3rd round pick in this draft.

is mccluster worth the jets 2nd round pick? is he a legit slot guy - what if they dealt leon for a 4th, then drafted mccluster.
    I dont see how Mccluster, who has played mostly at RB, can be considered a better Slot WR prospect then shipley, who is a career receiver.

Ford is faster, but doesnt have nearly the football skills shipley has.

Being able to find spots in coverage is more important then straight line speed, plus shipley can be our punt and kick returner.

Ideally i think we move to get in the 3rd and take him there. I dont think he will be around in the 4th at all....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As the Jets showed last year, they'll trade up to the 3rd if there's someone there they really like.