Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How far behind the Jets have Video Bill and the Pattycakes fallen?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3546299]You are always angry all the time. I think it's time for an enema.[/QUOTE]

you have to excuse fauxjerk..... this is the way they post at his beloved smack sewer

fortunately we get rid of him on draft day when he goes back where he belongs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3546093]Jets will be better then the Pats when they win the division...or even show that they can beat the pats with any type of consistency. the notion that the gap is closed is a figment of your imagination until the Jets prove it to be true on the field.[/QUOTE]

This +1000. Spot on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3546293]Sox.

It's Red Sox.:yes:[/QUOTE]

You mean Red Sux.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets get back to baseball in September after the 5 months of meaningless games are played.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's true on paper that the Jets are a much better team:

OL to OL - Not even close. Ours is probably the best in the league. Theirs I wouldn't even put in the top 16.

RB to RB - Decidedly in our favor. Even after losing TJ, it's hard to see our running game being anything less than top 3 in the league.

WR to WR - Patsies win. Even without Welker they are still much better than us at this position, especially when you think they have Tom Brady throwing to them.

QB to QB - Patsies win by a large margin. Sanchez would have to improve leaps and bounds for this to even be close.

TE to TE - Jets win. I'll take Dustin Keller over whatever the Patsies have at this point? They already lost Ben Watson and he was their best TE.

DL to DL - This is a lot closer than people might think. When the Jets have Jenkins, I think they win decidedly. But Jenk is oft injured and I think the Patsies are just as good if not better at both DE spots.

LB to LB - Jets win. The only decent LB that the Patsies have is the kid they took after Gholston and even he was pretty disappointing last season. Banta-Cain is very one dimensional.

S to S - Patsies win. Even though I think Mayweather sucks as good safeties go, he's still better than anything the Jets have. Since the trade of Rhodes the Jets got WORSE at that spot.

CB to CB - Really this is where the overall defense tips enormously in our favor. Revis is better than anyone on the Patsies put together. In fact, Cromartie is better than anyone the Patsies have.

HC to HC - As much as I hate to admit it, BB is still a better HC than Rex. Rex surprised me with this ability to gameplan in the playoffs, reminded me a lot of BB actually. But BB is still the best in the league.

But once again, as so many people on this site have already pointed out, our advantage doesn't mean SH$T until we beat the Patsies on the field and take the division from them.

Really I just wonder when our advantages on paper translate into our domination on the field over the Patsies. At some point, it's undeniable. You look at it player to player and say to yourself, "There's no way the Jets fail to beat the Patsies". The Jets haven't reached that point yet, but they are close...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how they are better than us at WR when Revis shuts out Randy Moss and Welker is out for 2010. In week 2 of last season, Brady was desperate to throw to Moss and Revis picked that pass off beautifully.

As great as Brady is, Revis is a difficult match up for him and Revis is coming into HIS prime

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;3546473]I don't see how they are better than us at WR when Revis shuts out Randy Moss and Welker is out for 2010. In week 2 of last season, Brady was desperate to throw to Moss and Revis picked that pass off beautifully.

As great as Brady is, Revis is a difficult match up for him and Revis is coming into HIS prime[/QUOTE]

Well, what do we have to compare to Moss and Welker? Cotchery and Edwards are no matchup for the patsies tandem. Moss has possibly the best hands in the history of the game. Edwards lacks the break away speed that Moss has and normally leads the league in drops. Cotchery (although I think he is a very good WR) will never have a season like Wes Welker is accustomed to having. Welker has averaged over 100 catches per season since joining the Patsies. And the Jets really don't have anyone decent to play in the slot. Since losing Chancey Stuckey who have we had to take his place? No contest really...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maine Jet has a good analysis of where each team stands talent wise.

The biggest difference ATM is Brady vs Sanchez and BB vs Rex.

IF Sanchez makes a jump this season and isn't set back by surgery it could be a coin toss.

Their are too many changes to both rosters to predict how things shake out in April.

There will be at least a couple more FA signings by Pats and 10-12 draft picks that are total unknowns. Pats still have a couple of rookies from last year that went IR who could contribute nicely. (Tate and McKenzie).

DB should be better this year for Pats with Bodden and the rookie Butler a year into the system. Pats need an outside PR to make them even better. BB will address that with one of the 4 picks they have in the first 2 rounds..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3546506]Maine Jet has a good analysis of where each team stands talent wise.

The biggest difference ATM is Brady vs Sanchez and BB vs Rex.

IF Sanchez makes a jump this season and isn't set back by surgery it could be a coin toss.

Their are too many changes to both rosters to predict how things shake out in April.

There will be at least a couple more FA signings by Pats and 10-12 draft picks that are total unknowns. Pats still have a couple of rookies from last year that went IR who could contribute nicely. (Tate and McKenzie).

DB should be better this year for Pats with Bodden and the rookie Butler a year into the system. Pats need an outside PR to make them even better. BB will address that with one of the 4 picks they have in the first 2 rounds..[/QUOTE]

AGREE 100 PERCENT

Sanchez is way better than Brady and Rex is way better than the cheating psychotic little piece of sh1t.

now go away

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just far enough behind to give it to them doggy style.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really not that far...I really had no idea a trip to the AFCCG would make us so cocky as if we've actually accomplished something significant.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until Pats are unseated in the AFC East, THEY are still the better team.

SOJ will be the SOJ until they beat them out of that.

All the talk in April means nada.

Just do it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are too F ing stupid to waste any more time on

get lost, you senile jackass

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Homer Thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3546670]you are too F ing stupid to waste any more time on

get lost, you senile jackass[/QUOTE]

If THAT personal tirade doesn't get you banned....I should be pretty safe

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Belicheat botches yet another draft, very far.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What drafts have the Pats botched again? What significance did the guys who busted have?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Google.com, try it out sometime.

If you take a guy who sucks like Lawrence Maroney instead of a guy who can actually play it's significant.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3546396]It's true on paper that the Jets are a much better team:

OL to OL - Not even close. Ours is probably the best in the league. Theirs I wouldn't even put in the top 16.

RB to RB - Decidedly in our favor. Even after losing TJ, it's hard to see our running game being anything less than top 3 in the league.

WR to WR - Patsies win. Even without Welker they are still much better than us at this position, especially when you think they have Tom Brady throwing to them.

QB to QB - Patsies win by a large margin. Sanchez would have to improve leaps and bounds for this to even be close.

TE to TE - Jets win. I'll take Dustin Keller over whatever the Patsies have at this point? They already lost Ben Watson and he was their best TE.

DL to DL - This is a lot closer than people might think. When the Jets have Jenkins, I think they win decidedly. But Jenk is oft injured and I think the Patsies are just as good if not better at both DE spots.

LB to LB - Jets win. The only decent LB that the Patsies have is the kid they took after Gholston and even he was pretty disappointing last season. Banta-Cain is very one dimensional.

S to S - Patsies win. Even though I think Mayweather sucks as good safeties go, he's still better than anything the Jets have. Since the trade of Rhodes the Jets got WORSE at that spot.

CB to CB - Really this is where the overall defense tips enormously in our favor. Revis is better than anyone on the Patsies put together. In fact, Cromartie is better than anyone the Patsies have.

HC to HC - As much as I hate to admit it, BB is still a better HC than Rex. Rex surprised me with this ability to gameplan in the playoffs, reminded me a lot of BB actually. But BB is still the best in the league.

But once again, as so many people on this site have already pointed out, our advantage doesn't mean SH$T until we beat the Patsies on the field and take the division from them.

Really I just wonder when our advantages on paper translate into our domination on the field over the Patsies. At some point, it's undeniable. You look at it player to player and say to yourself, "There's no way the Jets fail to beat the Patsies". The Jets haven't reached that point yet, but they are close...[/QUOTE]

How can you make a detailed, informative post and comparison of both teams when you don't even know half of the Patriot roster?

:hmm:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3546681]What drafts have the Pats botched again? What significance did the guys who busted have?[/QUOTE]

You know a drafting is off when a troll is coming here praising their long snapper from last years draft :rolleyes: