Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How far behind the Jets have Video Bill and the Pattycakes fallen?

Jets Insider VIP
    here are the drafts they have botched -- about 12 picks in each of them

2006 -- Maroney (a curse word even in NE), Jackson and not a single survivor

2007- Meriwether, Gostkowski

2008 - Mayo and nothing else

2009 - Chung - a STer in round 2, and a couple of decent potential maybes

pretty much four in a row

Meh...I and I'm sure many teams would jump on Maroney if he were to hit the open market.

Merriweather's a pro bowl FS. Mayo's a good LB. Chung should be the other starting safety. Butler and Wheatley are two nice, young corners, especially Butler. Vollmer was their best OL not named Mankins last year. Gostowski's a top kicker and a worthy replacement for Vinaterri. They still have alot of hope for Crable, who was a beast in college even with twig legs. Pryor was a good rotation DL for them last year. Brace should end up a good backup NT. Green-Ellis is a good RB. Guyton's got some potential at ILB. Edelman looked like a little wannabe Welker when he was out there.

What were they supposed to come away with in these drafts? They're one of the youngest teams in the league on D...their offense is next, but obviously they aren't planning a huge overhaul as long as Brady and Moss are healthy, together, and willing to play.

[QUOTE=sg3;3546090]Jets have improved at CB, S, RB and ST

Pattycakes have gotten worse at TE and DL for starters

How big is the gap

Discuss[/QUOTE]

I would love to hear an argument about the Jets improving at Safety. This cant be serious.

Jets Insider VIP
    you didn't watch Kerry Rhodes play last season I guess

How did Brodney Pool look last season? You are such a bozo.

[QUOTE=TheBostonBengal;3546800]I would love to hear an argument about the Jets improving at Safety. This cant be serious.[/QUOTE]

We didn't. Just try to...iunno...something.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously bengal, your pattycakes have, arguably the worst defensive backfield in the entire NFL

so why should anyone pay attention to chowd thoughts on this subject?

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;3546705]here are the drafts they have botched -- about 12 picks in each of them

2006 -- Maroney (a curse word even in NE), Jackson and not a single survivor

2007- Meriwether, Gostkowski

2008 - Mayo and nothing else

2009 - Chung - a STer in round 2, and a couple of decent potential maybes

pretty much four in a row[/QUOTE]

heh

Yet STILL finished AHEAD of the YETS.

BTW...Vollmer isn't on your list. One of the better rookie OT's.
    and Butler is going to be starting opposite Bodden. Not bad for a "bust".
    Tate and McKenzie haven't even shown what they can do yet after a year on IR. Pats will have alot of draft talent to sort thru to get the best 53.

Have fun chasing the Pats with your Best on Paper team.:P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FauxJet07;3547064]heh

Yet STILL finished AHEAD of the YETS.[/QUOTE]

That is true.

As I recall, they finished TWO WEEKS AHEAD.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sg3;3546090]Jets have improved at CB, S, RB and ST

Pattycakes have gotten worse at TE and DL for starters

How big is the gap

Discuss[/QUOTE]

Well the Gap is one game............

Patriots 10 wins plus division title and the Jets 9 for last season with the Patriots thrashing the Jets in week 15 so................... The Patriots still control the AFCE.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3547102]That is true.

As I recall, they finished TWO WEEKS AHEAD.[/QUOTE]

Well done. Yes the Pats have botched the last few drafts which is why they crashed in the playoffs. Their LBs are really really weak and so is their DE not named Warren. They are still the team to beat in the division but not by much.

SG3 should not be allowed to start threads seriously, is there anyway we can vote on this.

[QUOTE=Wiggy;3547117]Well the Gap is one game............

Patriots 10 wins plus division title and the Jets 9 for last season with the Patriots thrashing the Jets in week 15 so................... The Patriots still control the AFCE.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean we're looking to improve by a game and half (the 30 minutes from the AFCCG)?

Banned
    The last time the Pats and Jets played, The Jet defense was playing against the Pats second and third string OL.

Light,Neal and Kaczur were out injured. The Jet defense had to play against the likes of Orhnberger,Connolly,Levoir, and Vollmer. If I recall, even Morris and Taylor were out.

I like the Pats chances in the rematches., but that's the homer in me :eek:

@FauxJet07

I think that Sanchez threw a few picks that day. Makes it tough on any D to win a game like that

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3547407]The last time the Pats and Jets played, The Jet defense was playing against the Pats second and third string OL.

Light,Neal and Kaczur were out injured. The Jet defense had to play against the likes of Orhnberger,Connolly,Levoir, and Vollmer. If I recall, even Morris and Taylor were out.

I like the Pats chances in the rematches., but that's the homer in me :eek:[/QUOTE]

There's no MOJO on the Pats squad anymore. As long as Brady is back there, the Pats are still a formidable team but they are more like the Chargers than the Colts.
    There is just something missing. You don't get smoked at home in the playoffs, come back the next year with your QB & top wideout one year older, lose your most productive offensive chain mover in Welker, strip your entire team of TEs & sign an over the hill glorified blocker in Crumpler and not take a step back.
    While I'm sure they will have a productive draft, BB doesn't run some easy to understand defense that a bunch of rookies can just step into on opening day.
    Plus, unlike the Jets who got to the AFCCG after losing Leon & Jenkins, if the Pats lose Wilfork, you can stick a fork in em cause they would be DONE!

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;3547417]@FauxJet07

I think that Sanchez threw a few picks that day. Makes it tough on any D to win a game like that[/QUOTE]

Agree.

That scrub Patriot CB Bodden picked him off 2 or 3 times. Pats get even tougher with a legitimate outside pass rush.

Pats offense should have been almost non-existent with their makeshift OL along with missing 2 starting RB's and going up against that super Jet defense.

I still like Pats chances in a rematch.

Jets Insider VIP
    just leave

thank you

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3547420]Agree.

That scrub Patriot CB Bodden picked him off 2 or 3 times. Pats get even tougher with a legitimate outside pass rush.

Pats offense should have been almost non-existent with their makeshift OL along with missing 2 starting RB's and going up against that super Jet defense.

I still like Pats chances in a rematch.[/QUOTE]

Without Welker, you don't win that game.

He'll be there for the rematches though, right? :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3547449]Without Welker, you don't win that game.

He'll be there for the rematches though, right? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...the Jet offense scored ONE TD......Sanchez better be Manning like in their rematch. If he's still on red light green light he'll be in deep ****.

You give Welker alot of credit. He's only one part of the Patriot offense. Moss caught a TD pass......Maroney made 13 tough yards running inside the Jets 15. Edelman also had some key catches. The Pats D embarrassed Sanchez.

Will the Patriots miss Welker. Sure. Is Welker their whole offense? NO.

Not one AFC East team is mailing in the season to the Jets because of some ink in April.

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3547532]Hmmm...the Jet offense scored ONE TD......Sanchez better be Manning like in their rematch. If he's still on red light green light he'll be in deep ****.

You give Welker alot of credit. He's only one part of the Patriot offense. Moss caught a TD pass......Maroney made 13 tough yards running inside the Jets 15. Edelman also had some key catches. The Pats D embarrassed Sanchez.

Will the Patriots miss Welker. Sure. Is Welker their whole offense? NO.

Not one AFC East team is mailing in the season to the Jets because of some ink in April.[/QUOTE]

Welker was the one moving the chains.

Please don't refer to Moss' TD as anything impressive.

He caught a bullet in a goalline offense that Revis didn't see coming, expecting the playcall to be a fade with Moss' size.

Meh.

Without Welker, that game is entirely different and the Jets aren't playing out of their enviornment trying to 'catch up'.

Call it what you like but that's the truth.