Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez play from college

The things I notice most about these clips are his pocket presence and his feet. It was suggested pre, and immediately post, draft that his college success was significantly due to superior talent on the o-line in addition to recievers. But I think, like many outstanding QB's, he made the o-line look very good.

On these highlights, I saw him throw for completions with guys in his face, as well as move in and out of the pocket to create time for the play to develop or a reciever to get open. I suggest that with many other QB's quite a few of those plays would have been sacks or pressures into incompletions.

Lastly, his ability deliver the ball with good form under pressure and from awkward positions is tremendous. I think as the game slows down for him, it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch him play.

All League
    Easily the best QB prospect of the past two years. Not Stafford. Bradford isn't even comparable IMO.

Just looking at his arm strength, pinpoint accuracy, and footwork in that video is amazing. Plus, he came from a pro-style offense. And to think some Jets fans originally thought his arm was on par with Pennington's. :D
    Last edited by MCBNY; 04-06-2010 at 09:02 AM.

it's nice when the first read is the guy who the ball gets thrown to. i didn't exactly see sanchez do too many 7-8yard drop backs last season. we'll see but it's plenty obvious he had guys pretty open and excellent pass blocking.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3548356]it's nice when the first read is the guy who the ball gets thrown to. i didn't exactly see sanchez do too many 7-8yard drop backs last season. we'll see but it's plenty obvious he had guys pretty open and excellent pass blocking.[/QUOTE]

really? cause he was scrambling a good number of plays in this video package. i see that as evidence to a not so excellent pass blocking ol

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3549213]really? cause he was scrambling a good number of plays in this video package. i see that as evidence to a not so excellent pass blocking ol[/QUOTE]

You expected a different response from someone with the name "sameoldjets"? :banghead:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3549213]really? cause he was scrambling a good number of plays in this video package. i see that as evidence to a not so excellent pass blocking ol[/QUOTE]

Also was when he threw some of his best passes, off the scramble, one day the Jets will let him run around like that again, a Stallion needs to run free

Jets Insider VIP
    once again

THANK YOU Rex, Mike T and Mr Johnson for giving us our first offseason since 2002 or so without fretting, planning and scrambling to come up with an NFL Franchise Quarterback

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=sg3;3551250]once again

THANK YOU Rex, Mike T and Mr Johnson for giving us our first offseason since 2002 or so without fretting, planning and scrambling to come up with an NFL Franchise Quarterback[/QUOTE]

It is a nice feeling. First time since I've been on this board that we haven't had multiple-page QB debates nearly every day.

Now get him another weapon such as Damian Williams or Golden Tate so we can win some shootouts when we need to :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3551305]It is a nice feeling. First time since I've been on this board that we haven't had multiple-page QB debates nearly every day.

Now get him another weapon such as Damian Williams or Golden Tate so we can win some shootouts when we need to :yes:[/QUOTE]

shootouts? with our defense? :scratch:

:D

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3547078]Mark Sanchez throws a beautiful deep ball, its one of his primary strengths as a Quarterback .. tight spiral, not too high, usually hits his WR in stride and generally avoids the pronounced under-throw or over-throw.

That's a real skill and he does it about as well as you can do it.[/QUOTE]

It is profoundly entertaining to see that skill in Green and White; yes yes. :yes:

That said; I think the Jets are in for a season of nailbiters; down to the wire in 75% of games. The teams I am seeing these days around the league are nimble and respond like lightning with counters. Imagine the book that assistant coaches are compiling now on Sanchez.

Ah, whatever. I love this kid. :thumbup:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3551823]It is profoundly entertaining to see that skill in Green and White; yes yes. :yes:

That said; I think the Jets are in for a season of nailbiters; down to the wire in 75% of games. The teams I am seeing these days around the league are nimble and respond like lightning with counters. [B]Imagine the book that assistant coaches are compiling now on Sanchez[/B].

Ah, whatever. I love this kid. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Thats interesting. Objectively, what do you think are Sanchez's weaknesses?

Id say mainly decision making. Hes a playmaker (thats why we love him) but he turns the ball over. Whether that lessens with experience is yet to be seen.

What else?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Shahataman;3551828]Thats interesting. Objectively, what do you think are Sanchez's weaknesses?

Id say mainly decision making. Hes a playmaker (thats why we love him) but he turns the ball over. Whether that lessens with experience is yet to be seen.

What else?[/QUOTE]

You know that cliche "you can't stop XXXX, you can only hope to contain him"? I think you can squeeze Sanchez into Hero mode (as did the Saints defense) and increase his turnovers and batted balls. Once he's running he's got tons of options, but they all are skinny at best.

However, I think he'll be fine; he's color coded. ;):D

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3551829]You know that cliche "you can't stop XXXX, you can only hope to contain him"? I think you can squeeze Sanchez into Hero mode (as did the Saints defense) and increase his turnovers and batted balls. Once he's running he's got tons of options, but they all are skinny at best.

However, I think he'll be fine; he's color coded. ;):D[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Sanchez in hero mode every sunday :yes:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3551902]I'd love to see Sanchez in hero mode every sunday :yes:[/QUOTE]
    My comment wasn't intended to be complimentary; "Hero mode" is a euphemism for "trying to do it all by himself, all at once".

But I agree with you in spirit. :yes:

[QUOTE=Blockhead;3547345]The things I notice most about these clips are his pocket presence and his feet.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to look for his pocket presence but the footage was just to blurry to see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    take a hike

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;3552360]take a hike[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/customavatars/avatar12550_15.gif[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=32green;3552367][IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/customavatars/avatar12550_15.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

this is already getting old