Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez play from college

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez play from college

go check out the play at 2:04...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_rib5nD5P0[/url]

look familiar? :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if nobody has picked up on it, it's basically the same play to braylon against the colts. pump fake and everything. all that is missing is a pump fake jump by freeney :yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

if you don't recongnize this play

your not a jets fan

schotty likes to go back into the playbooks from college. keller has had a few successful ones. let's see if he does one for braylon this year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3546209]go check out the play at 2:04...

look familiar? :D[/QUOTE]
    :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, what the hell is going on here...how are these guys so incredibly open on some of these plays?? I mean...I watch college football, but mostly just UConn, ND, and whatever big game of the week is on, so forgive me if I don't know everything about USC; but were they playing high school teams? It's unfathomable to think there were collegiate defenses playing for some of those highlights!

and yea, that was a carbon copy of the bray TD against the colts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3546259]wow, what the hell is going on here...how are these guys so incredibly open on some of these plays?? I mean...I watch college football, but mostly just [B]UConn, ND[/B], and whatever big game of the week is on, so forgive me if I don't know everything about USC; but were they playing high school teams? It's unfathomable to think there were collegiate defenses playing for some of those highlights!

and yea, that was a carbon copy of the bray TD against the colts[/QUOTE]

there's your problem right there, the teams you usually watch are the high school teams. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that someday Uconn football is going to move up to Division 1

j/k

seriously, highlight films can be made up for just about anybody but after the draft I watched the entire USC-Penn State Rose Bowl game on a replay for the second time after watching it live when it was played and you could see in that game why Rex and Tanny went gaga over Mark when they had that workout prior to the draft

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3546259][B]wow, what the hell is going on here...how are these guys so incredibly open on some of these plays?? [/B]I mean...I watch college football, but mostly just UConn, ND, and whatever big game of the week is on, so forgive me if I don't know everything about USC; but were they playing high school teams? It's unfathomable to think there were collegiate defenses playing for some of those highlights!

and yea, that was a carbon copy of the bray TD against the colts[/QUOTE]

I remember saying the same thing when I saw this video pre draft. That said, Sanchez did his best work in the rose bowl against a quality oppontent. While it looks like the receivers are wide open, the qb has alot to do with it. Take Peyton Manning. We had the best D in the league last year and he made Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like they were wide open the whole game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3546351]I remember saying the same thing when I saw this video pre draft. That said, Sanchez did his best work in the rose bowl against a quality oppontent. While it looks like the receivers are wide open, the qb has alot to do with it. Take Peyton Manning. We had the best D in the league last year and he made Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like they were wide open the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Lowery and Coleman helped too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow great video!!! It really shows what Sanchez can do with a nice arsenal of weapons and makes me want to take a deep threat in the draft, i.e. GOLDEN TATE.

Good music for a highlight video too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3546209]go check out the play at 2:04...

look familiar? :D[/QUOTE]

This was the vid that I watched after we drafted Sanchez. I felt much better after I watched it. Kid's got a sick pump fake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lke the throw at 2:12 the best. So happy to have him on the team, looking forward to next season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of those passes, he just completely out-throws the coverage. I mean, the kid can really chuck it downfield. 60+ yards, no problem. Still puzzled how some scouts thought he had an average/weak arm. What were they looking at?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should draft this guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid has an absolute cannon and great mobility. I just hope to god he stays healthy because if he does he'll be a superstar.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3546289]there's your problem right there, the teams you usually watch are the high school teams. :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;3546308]I understand that someday Uconn football is going to move up to Division 1[/QUOTE]

:steamin:

I resent that....

It's ok, I guess UConn can't be powerhouse in everything...I mean we've already got both basketball programs and the soccer program out of the way. Just a matter of time before we get the football program up there. We've already made great strides.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3547078]Mark Sanchez throws a beautiful deep ball, its one of his primary strengths as a Quarterback .. tight spiral, not too high, usually hits his WR in stride and generally avoids the pronounced under-throw or over-throw.

That's a real skill and he does it about as well as you can do it.[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons I was so excited when he was drafted. I've been a fan of his since minute 1. How can any fan [I]not[/I] be thrilled to have him on the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3547078]Mark Sanchez throws a beautiful deep ball, its one of his primary strengths as a Quarterback .. tight spiral, not too high, usually hits his WR in stride and generally avoids the pronounced under-throw or over-throw.

That's a real skill and he does it about as well as you can do it.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. So often, a rookie would overthrow a WR that wide open but he does it so damn well. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3546351]I remember saying the same thing when I saw this video pre draft. That said, Sanchez did his best work in the rose bowl against a quality oppontent. While it looks like the receivers are wide open, the qb has alot to do with it. Take Peyton Manning. We had the best D in the league last year and he made Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like they were wide open the whole game.[/QUOTE]

Garcon and Collie WERE wide open the whole game, DB injuries killed us, and Rex didn't open the offense enough in the second half, especially when Shonn went down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3547145]One of the reasons I was so excited when he was drafted. I've been a fan of his since minute 1. How can any fan [I]not[/I] be thrilled to have him on the Jets?[/QUOTE]

Sanchez will be a Top 5 NFL QB one day, I truly believe that.