Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Rackers coming in for visit

All Pro

Neil Rackers coming in for visit

[QUOTE]Adam_Schefter
    With former NY K Jay Feeley now with Arizona, Jets have arranged for Cardinals free-agent K Neil Rackers to visit New York on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
    :thumbup:

[url]https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter[/url]

Neil Rackers set to visit Jets

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/03/neil-rackers-set-to-visit-jets/[/url]

All Pro
    [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211156[/url]
    :D

All League
    Well, now at least we know for sure that the Jets FO thinks Folk is not ready to be our starting kicker... Not a big surprise.

All League
    considering he can kick with the opposite foot while blindfolded with his hair on fire farther and more accurate than folk, i say we sign him

All Pro
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;3546235]Well, now at least we know for sure that the Jets FO thinks Folk is not ready to be our starting kicker... Not a big surprise.[/QUOTE]

i think it would be more of a "let them compete and battle for the job." then again, they couldn't sign rackers until feely got signed, so maybe they were just waiting for that...

All League
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3546239]i think it would be more of a "let them compete and battle for the job." then again, they couldn't sign rackers until feely got signed, so maybe they were just waiting for that...[/QUOTE]

Yea, that was probably was their plan. I wonder how much Rackers is going to want if he wouldn't take 2M from the Cards? I hope we don't break have to break the bank for him.

wow sign this beast...he's always one of the first kickers to go in fantasy, and I've liked him ever since the pro bowl in '06 (i believe) when he blew away the others in the pro-skills kicking competition

super accurate/reliable, but his leg strength has gone down the drain the past couple of years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Under pressure, this guy cant hit the broad side of a barn. If he is our kicker, he will cost us a playoff game guaranteed.

The guy was 89% 2 years ago and 94% (only missed 1) last season. As for the clutch factor (or lack thereof) sometimes a change of scenary and team culture can help that.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3546276]Under pressure, this guy cant hit the broad side of a barn. If he is our kicker, he will cost us a playoff game guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

based on what, last year?

2 postseasons ago:
    1st game he missed his only try (51 yd).
    2nd game he goes 4/5 (49,30,33,20, and the miss at 53 yd at the end of the first half)
    and in the 3rd game, he nailed his only try (49 yd).

so yeah, i guess don't count on him making a 50+ yarder, which i never count on any kicker actually making it, and he was perfect.

sure seems to be a complete joke under pressure there... :rolleyes:

Sign and unleash the beast.

Jets Insider VIP
    so it turns out we probably upgrade the K position too

excellent

[QUOTE=sg3;3546300]so it turns out we probably upgrade the K position too

excellent[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, this might end up the best move we make this offseason if we were to make it. He's a really, really good kicker. He also does kickoffs, and has had some really good seasons there too.

Plus we're trying to be more badass as a team and stuff....

Jets Insider VIP
    agreed

and there is a good chance he will cost less than the 4.8 million plus a bunch of easily attainable incentives that the Cardinals got suckered into by Feely's agent

Hall Of Fame
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJhpzS9O9M[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Player News (last updated: April 2, 2010)
    News: Arizona signed Jay Feely on Friday, so Rackers won't return to the Cardinals, the team's official site reports.
    Spin: The knocks on Rackers are that he's not very dependable on long kicks and pressure attempts. He also seemed to be seeking more money than the Cardinals were willing to spend. He'll catch on somewhere, because he made 16 of his 17 field goal tries during the 2009 regular season, and 25 of his 28 tries in 2008.
    Player News Archive

Swapping mediocre kickers (if he signs with us). No big deal.

I find it funny in the above post that Rackers wasn't happy with Arizona's deal $ wise, and gave Feely 2 yr, $4.5 million. Well guess what, the Jets were offering Feely less than that, so whose to say they're going to give Rackers $3 million a year, which is what I'm guessing it would take to sign him here if he wouldn't take what Feely took.

Yeah, he was 16 of 17 last year, and he also got hurt. And he also kicked in a controlled enviornment.

Its average K for average K swap. Hopefully, if we sign Rackers, he just doesn't choke in a December Week 15 game or the AFC Championship.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3546314]In all seriousness, this might end up the best move we make this offseason if we were to make it. He's a really, really good kicker. He also does kickoffs, and has had some really good seasons there too.

Plus we're trying to be more badass as a team and stuff....[/QUOTE]

He also makes a lot of tackles on KO returns.