Thread: Envious of Philly Eagles Flexibility

Envious of Philly Eagles Flexibility

I know this is not Jets related but I am envious of the Eagles Flexibility.

IMO Watch out for the Eagles. With the trade they just made with the Browns, they now have ten picks in the 2010 draft. I am envious of the flexibiity they have to move up or down and draft depth.
    I know that they are in need of MLB and OLB and OL.

If they also pull the trade of McNabb with Oakland and receive the Raiders #1 great CB they will be tough.

I think they can move up in the draft and get Earl Thomas and then their
    2ndary would be tough if the above trade happens ?

Just bored and ready for the draft already.

The teams with the most flexibility to make moves early on in the draft will have multiple picks in the 1st three rounds.

Arizona, Cincy, KC, NE, Philly, SF, Tampa all have 4 picks in the 1st three rounds.

Cleveland has 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds

Your point about Philly is good though in that they have extra ammo in the later rounds to add here and there.

Waterboy
    The Most Corrupt State In The USA, New Jersey
    Great! Now go out and beat the living Hell of the Giants!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    flexibility is only worth something if you can turn those picks into something useful.

For example, in 2006 the Pattycakes had 12 picks and turned them into Lawrence Maroney, Chad Jackson and 10 other camp cuts.

Every year since they have had more than their 7 normal picks due to comp picks and future deals and have had similar results coming up with marginal Meriwether and nothing else in 2007, Mayo the one year wonder and nothing else in 2008 and Vollmer and question marks in 2009.

If you whiff at the draft every year, having extra picks doesn't by definition give you more flexiblility, just more whiffability

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Dump.

We're a Supe fave and some draft freak is upset that we're going to have a boring draft? (Yawn) can't wait. I live for the seasons that the Jets aren't the stars of the draft. Means the team is solid.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Birds have been this way for ten years, Reid, and the FO, are masters at what they do, problem is, they can't accomplish the only thing that matters.

So fans are envious of the Eagles in a year where the Eagles are either releasing, trading, or letting go of players like McNabb, Westbrook, Gocong, Sheldon Brown, and Shawn Andrews, but Jet fans need to be paranoid about the Jets letting Jay Feely and Thomas Jones go?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3546315]

If you whiff at the draft every year, having extra picks doesn't by definition give you more flexiblility, just more whiffability[/QUOTE]

Many Jet fans cried about the lack of picks in 07 and last year but what we picked have produced Sanchez,Shonn Greene,Matt Slauson,Revis,Harris,Bender and Stuckey who was used in a trade.. Sometimes less gives you more..:yes:

I can't be jealous of an organization who is actually considering trading the best QB in franchise history, and one who is still a Top 10, sometimes Top 5, QB in the game in favor for another QB from the University of Houston.

They're basically telling their fans that they're ready to rebuild.

But thats me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3546341]Dump.

We're a Supe fave and some draft freak is upset that we're going to have a boring draft? (Yawn) can't wait. I live for the seasons that the Jets aren't the stars of the draft. Means the team is solid.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1

Wow some retarded comments here. The guy said he was envious because they had so many picks and had lots of flexibility which includes TRADE UPS. I didn't see him saying that it's far better to have 12 picks than 3.

The Jets have a 2nd rounder and no 3rd rounder. We have committed our 2nd or 3rd rounder next year. We don't have a ton of ammo to trade up this year.

Teams with multiple picks in the top 3 rounds have the flexibility to trade up. He suggested they TRADE UP for Earl Thomas.

All Pro
    I'm not worried about what the Jets do. They may not have the ammo we all wish they had to move up, but they are pretty good at moving around with what they have.

I'm very confident that they will come away from this draft with 2 or even 3 guys they really wanted. That's all I can ask for.

And I couldn't care less about what the Eagles do. The Pats and their 3 #2's are something to worry about.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3546464]I'm not worried about what the Jets do. They may not have the ammo we all wish they had to move up, but they are pretty good at moving around with what they have.

I'm very confident that they will come away from this draft with 2 or even 3 guys they really wanted. That's all I can ask for.

And I couldn't care less about what the Eagles do. The Pats and their 3 #2's are something to worry about.[/QUOTE]

True, but I'm really starting to get concerned about the depth on our O-line...Faneca is truly a liability and Woody is getting older as well (currently 32). The good news is that the line has been healthy over the past few years (knock on wood), but I feel we can't keep on tempting the hand of fate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3546402]So fans are envious of the Eagles in a year where the Eagles are either releasing, trading, or letting go of players like McNabb, Westbrook, Gocong, Sheldon Brown, and Shawn Andrews, but Jet fans need to be paranoid about the Jets letting Jay Feely and Thomas Jones go?[/QUOTE]

Or that the reason the Eagles are desperately trying to bring in new players because they are falling downward.

Yeah, envious of that situation.

the Jets are a contender

the Eagles are rebuilding

don't be envious of their "flexibility" cause they need to use all their picks

You guys are treating rebuilding in the NFL as something major. Compared to other sports rebuilding an NFL team is cake...they already have like 98% of their offense in place too. Philly will be back for 2012, and they'll be annoying for the NFC East in 2010.

[QUOTE=sg3;3546315]flexibility is only worth something if you can turn those picks into something useful.

For example, in 2006 the Pattycakes had 12 picks and turned them into Lawrence Maroney, Chad Jackson and 10 other camp cuts.

Every year since they have had more than their 7 normal picks due to comp picks and future deals and have had similar results coming up with marginal Meriwether and nothing else in 2007, Mayo the one year wonder and nothing else in 2008 and Vollmer and question marks in 2009.

If you whiff at the draft every year, having extra picks doesn't by definition give you more flexiblility, just more whiffability[/QUOTE]

Exactly all that ammo and little impact to show for it. I think the Jets are in a much better position - they draft better, maximising the value of their picks. Results speak for themselves.