Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nice list i found, look who tops the list..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3547194][B]Faneca had a bad year pass blocking this year. [/B] Jets ptrefer to run to the right side (see 4th and 1 play against SD in playoffs), that says something about both Woody and Faneca (pulling to lead the way).

Woody is a better run blocker than D'Brick at this point... he's more physical and gets a great push. D'Brick's pass protection is 2nd to none though.

This line is stacked... only issue I see is that they are getting a little long in the tooth. O-line will definitely need to be addressed in the draft next year.[/QUOTE]

I think that's greatly overstating it. I think he had several moments where he looked bad, but overall, his pass blocking was better than average. Most of the pressure that Sanchez had this year was brought upon by himself. The line was a very good pass blocking line - it was a terrific run blocking one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3546576]Please point me to where I said Vernon Carey was the best RT in the NFL. Watch the guy play. He's definitely in the [B]top third of the league[/B].[/QUOTE]

Yep. But there 32 teams -and he is 11th best. Hence did not made the list.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3547261]I think that's greatly overstating it. I think he had several moments where he looked bad, but overall, his pass blocking was better than average. Most of the pressure that Sanchez had this year was brought upon by himself. The line was a very good pass blocking line - it was a terrific run blocking one.[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, pass protection falls alot on the QB imo...Sanchez's inexperience was the cause of most of his issues last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3546850]lol what? :confused: Mangold is easily, without question, the Jets best offensive linemen. When exactly did all these "poor" moments happen?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I can't recall any Mangold poor moments either :shakehead

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3547357]+1

Also, pass protection falls alot on the QB imo...Sanchez's inexperience was the cause of most of his issues last year.[/QUOTE]

I can think of at least one really crucial moment where Faneca outright sh!t the bed in pass protection. Sanchez had you guys in the redzone near the end of the second Fins game and had the opportunity to win it, but Faneca got blown up by Randy Starks two plays in a row. On the first one, Starks just beat Faneca one on one off the snap and sacked Sanchez, but on the second play, a fourth down play, Sanchez kinda scrambled around like an idiot after Starks beat Faneca and ended up not scoring.