Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DWC's 2nd Jets Mock Draft: Quality over Quantity. Leon gets traded on Draft Day.

Banned

DWC's 2nd Jets Mock Draft: Quality over Quantity. Leon gets traded on Draft Day.

1st Round: The Jets trade our 26th pick of the 4th round to the Bengals during the 1st round, to move up from 29 to 21; Thats where we select Taylor Mays, S, out of USC during the 1st round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ze_...eature=related

2nd Round: The Jets trade Leon Washington, as well as our 6th round draft pick (198) to the Browns, for the Browns 2nd round draft pick (38th Overall); Thats where the Jets select Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7mckhsuySg

2nd Round: The Jets take Dexter McCluster, RB/WR,KR out of Ole Miss with our 2nd round pick, 61st overall pick of the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-chWh64Dc

5th Round: This is where the Jets land our slot WR for Mark Sanchez and the Jets to work with. The Jets trade our 5th and 7th rounder to the 49ers, to move up from 163 to 145; Thats where the Jets draft Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1te2nR2SBE8

intruiging

sounds good to me but doubt Shipley is on the board 5th round?

No F-ing way should the Jets blow a round 1 pick on Mays.

"Mays did not improve in the position drills after poor showings at the Senior Bowl and combine. He was stiff, practiced upright and looked very robotic in his movements. Mays looked uneasy and off balance breaking to the ball. He struggled changing direction at full speed and was asked to repeat drills on a few occasions.

As was the case earlier this year, several scouts repeated that they think a move to linebacker is in the offing for Mays. Scouts are starting to compare Mays to former Dallas Cowboys first round pick Roy Williams; an oversized college safety with poor skills in pass coverage."

the jets may not hve to trade up for mays... there's a decent chance he's there at 29

also leon has no trade value. im sorry theres no market for a RB who needs a new deal coming off of a broken leg

All Pro
    I don't like it.

And Leon isn't getting a 2nd rounder in return.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    sounds good to me but doubt Shipley is on the board 5th round?
    Jordan Shipley won't be off the board anytime before the 4th round. The draft is way too deep this year, I really cant see Jordan Shipley going during the 1st 3 round. There's also a really strong chance that Jordan falls out of the 4th round and into the 5th round, for the simple fact, he's a 24 going on 25 year old slot WR.

The only reason why Shonn Greene fell out of the 1st and 2nd round of last years draft, was because of his age. Shonn Greene was one of the best backs in the Country heading into last years draft, a 1st round talent, the only reason why the Jets even had a CHANCE to land Shonn Greene during the 3rd round of last years draft... Was because of his age. The same type of situation could happen with Jordan Shipley during this years draft. In my eyes, he's a late 2nd / Early 3rd round type of talent. Because of his age, in the eyes of many; He could seriously slip into the 5th round.

Lets just say that Jordan goes during the 4th round... As a Jets Fan out of FLorida (Who hates the Gators), Riley Cooper would then become the WR that I want the Jets to take during the 5th round; This kid can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1KagXIaQxQ
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 04-04-2010 at 01:06 PM.

All Pro
    I doubt a late 4th is going to move u 8 spots up in the 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the jets may not hve to trade up for mays... there's a decent chance he's there at 29

also leon has no trade value. im sorry theres no market for a RB who needs a new deal coming off of a broken leg
    +1....When will people get this?

Why would a team trade for a RB that can't run now for a 2nd round pick when they could use that 2nd round pick on McCluster? Laughable!!!!

There are 10 days left for teams to make offers for Restricted Free Agents. Has it been reported that 1 team has expressed interest in Leon and has brought him in for a visit?

And the 49ers did not show interest in Leon. It was reported that Leon called Jimmy Raye the 49ers OC and former Jets RB coach.

Now there are 10 days left so maybe some team does something within the next 10 days or before the draft but it seems unlikely
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Teams may not be willing to give up a 2nd round for Leon straight up, but if the Jets were to offer a team Leon Washington, plus our 4th round draft pick, there would then become a strong chance that a couple of teams around the league would take up that offer.

your mock is a dream come true...

Taylor Mays will be an exceptional hard hitting run stuffing safety.
    Hughes fits a big need as a pass-rusher who is built to play in a 3/4.
    McCluster is Leon in his prime before injury.. cheaper.. and younger.. Lets face it Leon did not have the explosiveness as a returner last year that we've been accustomed to.
    Shipley- Fits our need of a 3WR/slot guy perfectly. This guy has a really nice upside in the slot in the right style of offense. Welker potential dare I say...

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Jordan Shipley won't be off the board anytime before the 4th round. The draft is way too deep this year, I really cant see Jordan Shipley going during the 1st 3 round. There's also a really strong chance that Jordan falls out of the 4th round and into the 5th round, for the simple fact, he's a 24 going on 25 year old slot WR.

The only reason why Shonn Greene fell out of the 1st and 2nd round of last years draft, was because of his age. Shonn Greene was one of the best backs in the Country heading into last years draft, a 1st round talent, the only reason why the Jets even had a CHANCE to land Shonn Greene during the 3rd round of last years draft... Was because of his age. The same type of situation could happen with Jordan Shipley during this years draft. In my eyes, he's a late 2nd / Early 3rd round type of talent. Because of his age, in the eyes of many; He could seriously slip into the 5th round.

Lets just say that Jordan goes during the 4th round... As a Jets Fan out of FLorida (Who hates the Gators), Riley Cooper would then become the WR that I want the Jets to take during the 5th round; This kid can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1KagXIaQxQ

or the fact he only had 1 year of production in a crappy conference and ran a slow 40 time..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I don't like it.

Nor will it be to the Browns, who already have their Leon with Harrison. Iunno where this "we can hand our garbage to Mangini for nice things" came from...they gave us the 5th pick last year because it ended up saving them like 40 million dollars.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-04-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Banned
    No need to trade up for Mays in a draft that is this deep with talent at Safety. Just sit back. If he falls to us ok (though I'd rather have Graham or Cody).

DWC is infatuated with replacing Rhodes with a name player.

The Jets shouldn't move up in the draft for any player.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I doubt a late 4th is going to move u 8 spots up in the 1st round
    It won't.

He just has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Nor will it be to the Browns, who already have their Leon with Harrison. Iunno where this "we can hand our garbage to Mangini for nice things" came from...they gave us the 5th pick last year because it ended up saving them like 40 million dollars.
    Umm harrison is solid but its Cribbs your thinking about. Either way the browns are set in that area.

Also, if anything Jerry Hughes might go before Mays. Mays can't cover

Cribs and Harrison. You'll see Harrison this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Cribs and Harrison. You'll see Harrison this year.
    Ohh I saw him alright. Guy had back to back amazing games ran for like 286 and I think broke jim browns record?so much for jennings getting in the mix. Point being is they have some rbs

Mays has Gholston written all over him...

He's a physical specimen, not a good football player...

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Mays has Gholston written all over him...

He's a physical specimen, not a good football player...
    ^^ I am so tired of reading this.

Anyways, I'd love this draft and literally would attempts back flips right down Broadway. Mays and Hughes is an instant injection of lacking aggression and addresses our two biggest holes.

However, Shipley isn't a fifth rounder though and I would rather snag him instead of McCluster and then take a lineman the later rounds.

ESPN analyst Todd McShay was impressed with former Texas receiver Jordan Shipley's performance during Wednesday's Pro Day.

"Shipley really helped himself," McShay said. "He's moving up. It wouldn't shock me if he came off the board in the second round. Worst case would be the third round."

Shipley posted one of the top marks in the vertical jump with a 36.5, and he improved his 40-yard dash time, from 4.57 at the combine to 4.48.

"The main thing for me is it's not going to be as much about the numbers and 40s and all that stuff," Shipley said. "It's going to be more about playing football and that's what I do. That's what I'm here for. This is not real football. I'm excited to get to finally play some football soon."

"Jordan is a guy that [scouts] all look at and say, 'You know, he's really a good player but he's not a hype guy.' He's not going to say much," Texas coach Mack Brown said. "He's not a glitter guy but a few of the [scouts] I was standing around [during Shipley's positional drills] said, 'You know, he runs every route perfectly. He's a team guy, he's really fast and he never drops a ball.' He's a 100-percent guy."