Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McNabb Traded to Redskins

Kevin Kolb is going to be entering a nice situation...Reid calling the plays...Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, and Celek on offense...OL that is pretty loaded with Peters - Herrmanns - Jackson - Jean-Gillies - Justice...

Man I like what the Eagles are doing...good for the 'Skins too, but the Eagles are trying to stay ahead of the game and thats admirable.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3546744]Dumb move by the Eagles.

Redskins go to the playoffs this year, the Eagles do not.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about that, The Eagles are still super talented and have a bunch of picks to play with in the draft. I still like them a lot better then the Skins.

Banned
    McNabb won't have the same weapons in Wash that he had in Philly. It looks like the Eagles weren't getting any great offers for McNabb so they took what they could. Could go either way the Pats did trade Bledsoe to the Bills though McNabb is a better player and they got a 1st in return.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its not that unheard of. The pats traded bledsoe to the bills and it worked out pretty well for them

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3546745]Except that McNabb is actually good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, was good. Good doesn't cut it.

All League
    Wow, you gotta think Dan Snyder gave away the house to pry McNabb away from their division rivals. Why in the world would the Eagles make this trade? :huh: Our division rivals wouldn't trade us a 40 yr old polished turd... lol Inside deal maybe :huh:

All League
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3546741]Glad its not to a AFC team[/QUOTE]

+1 :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3546752]Yeah, was good. Good doesn't cut it.[/QUOTE]

He's still top 10.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3546747]I dont know about that, The Eagles are still super talented and have a bunch of picks to play with in the draft. I still like them a lot better then the Skins.[/QUOTE]

The Skins have a much better defense and now they have a QB. They have some weapons in the passing game, better than McNabb had for most of his tenure in Philly. Moss, Thomas, Kelly, Cooley, Davis... there are quality targets there. Add some OL in the draft and they're looking good.

Eagles have no defense at all and a terrible OL. Kolb isn't delivering them to the playoffs this year... not without the help of a running game. And I don't imagine they're going to change their offensive identity there and become more balanced.

The Eagles really need to hit on their picks to be good this year. I don't know if you realize how bad their defense is.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3546750]Its not that unheard of. The pats traded bledsoe to the bills and it worked out pretty well for them[/QUOTE]

Very true, but McNab is far better then Bledsoe at that point

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Top ten is good for like a song poll list.....You want someone that can win the SB.

I'll say it right now, I would LOVE to get Jason Campbell to be our backup QB next season. Wonder what he'll command in a trade.

This is sort of like Bledsoe to Buffalo, except Philly doesn't have a Brady, and McNabb is better than Bledsoe.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3546764]I'll say it right now, I would LOVE to get Jason Campbell to be our backup QB next season. Wonder what he'll command in a trade.[/QUOTE]

He couldn't be worth any more than a 4th at this point.

Washington should probably take Jarrett Brown in the middle rounds and groom him to replace McNabb in 3 or 4 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Skins fans don't seem to be feeling the move.

[url]http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=320618[/url]

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3546764]I'll say it right now, I would LOVE to get Jason Campbell to be our backup QB next season. Wonder what he'll command in a trade.[/QUOTE]

+1

Campbell > Clemens

Skins have very little leverage right now so we could probably get him for a 5th round pick.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3546768]Skins fans don't seem to be feeling the move.

[url]http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=320618[/url][/QUOTE]

If they can get McNabb some receivers to throw to and add a couple O-linemen he'll be all right for them. Talent-wise he's the best QB they've had in a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3546768]Skins fans don't seem to be feeling the move.

[url]http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=320618[/url][/QUOTE]

They have witnessed many a worm ball.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3546772]If they can get McNabb some receivers to throw to and add a couple O-linemen he'll be all right for them. Talent-wise he's the best QB they've had in a while.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And they do have two young guys in Malcolm Kelley and Devin Thomas who may be poised to break out. Probably not Kelley, but Thomas has shown a little bit.

All League
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3546766]He couldn't be worth any more than a 4th at this point.

Washington should probably take Jarrett Brown in the middle rounds and groom him to replace McNabb in 3 or 4 years.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's worth a fourth to us at this point...Maybe a 5th. Some teams around the league in need of a QB would prob send the skins a fourth for him though, maybe even a third IMO. Especially if the Vikings find out last second that Farve isn't coming back.