Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush Tour 2010

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rush Tour 2010

Its comin' folks...

I've heard they have about 6 new songs. Neil was saying something about not releasing an album, but rather just releasing some new tracks digitally before the tour.

While I'm a tad bummed that they may not be releasing an album...I should be thankful that after 35 years they're still writing new stuff and not touring with their greatest hits every time out.

Great. Sadly, the last time I saw them live was in 1976 at the Syracuse War Memorial. They were bookended by opening act Angel, and headliners ZZ Top. Overall, great show. Here's some ancient film from those halcyon days:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yxA9vt2-c[/url]

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3547080]Great. Sadly, the last time I saw them live was in 1976 at the Syracuse War Memorial. They were bookended by opening act Angel, and headliners ZZ Top. Overall, great show. Here's some ancient film from those halcyon days:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yxA9vt2-c[/url][/QUOTE]

From 96 up, it's been just Rush. 2:45 minutes of bliss. With the 96 Test for Echo tour being the best one...all of 2112:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3547076]I've heard they have about 6 new songs. Neil was saying something about not releasing an album, but rather just releasing some new tracks digitally before the tour.

While I'm a tad bummed that they may not be releasing an album...I should be thankful that after 35 years they're still writing new stuff and not touring with their greatest hits every time out.[/QUOTE]

I read an interview with Alex which was somewhat similar. About 6 sings are completed, 45 show tour this year, finish the album in the fall, 70 show tour in 2011.

[QUOTE=petejet;3547086]I read an interview with Alex which was somewhat similar. About 6 sings are completed, 45 show tour this year, finish the album in the fall, 70 show tour in 2011.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea. Goes back to the early 80's with their pre-album tours, albeit this one on a much larger scale.

Anyone recall if the last stop at Jones Beach was sold out?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3547107]Anyone recall if the last stop at Jones Beach was sold out?[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't. Was at the show, they didn't open up the second deck for that one. Home they return to Jones Beach.

Slappin' da bass.

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3547107]Anyone recall if the last stop at Jones Beach was sold out?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3547177]No, it wasn't. Was at the show, they didn't open up the second deck for that one. Home they return to Jones Beach.[/QUOTE]

On a nice Summer night, is there a better place to watch a show?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3547208]On a nice Summer night, is there a better place to watch a show?[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Bring a sweatshirt though, can cool down drasticly when the sun goes down.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3547233]No doubt. Bring a sweatshirt though, can cool down drasticly when the sun goes down.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right. I haven't been out to Jones Beach for a show since the early 90s (I lived in the SF Bay Area from '94-01). My wife and I went to the beach last year and couldn't believe how much they have expanded the stage and seating.

BTW, the Shoreline Amphitheater in mountain View, CA is a pretty cool outdoor venue to catch a show as well.

[IMG]http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/shoreline.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=petejet;3547072]Its comin' folks...[/QUOTE]

I saw RUSH open up for Blue Oyster Cult in 77, saw them at the Palladium on 14th street (4th?), in 78. The Palladium show was so unbelieveable. RUSH, right after Hemispheres arrived in a Broadway show venue... then I saw them 3rd row at the Nassau Coliseum in 81, have seen them at least 10 times. Other than 77, they have NEVER had a second act with them that I can recall.

INCREDIBLE 3 piece band.........
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 04-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3547501]I saw RUSH open up for Blue Oyster Cult in 77, saw them at the Palladium on 14th street (4th?), in 78. The Palladium show was so unbelieveable. RUSH, right after Hemispheres arrived in a Broadway show venue... then I saw them 3rd row at the Nassau Coliseum in 81, have seen them at least 10 times. Other than 77, they have NEVER had a second act with them that I can recall.

INCREDIBLE 3 piece band.........[/QUOTE]

Rush was headlining by 1978 and dropped having opening bands in 1996 on Test for Echo.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3547501]I saw RUSH open up for Blue Oyster Cult in 77, saw them at the Palladium on 14th street (4th?), in 78. The Palladium show was so unbelieveable. RUSH, right after Hemispheres arrived in a Broadway show venue... then I saw them 3rd row at the Nassau Coliseum in 81, have seen them at least 10 times. Other than 77, they have NEVER had a second act with them that I can recall.

INCREDIBLE 3 piece band.........[/QUOTE]

I remember Mr. Big opening for them in 1990 on the Presto tour.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3547555]I remember [B]Mr. Big[/B] opening for them in 1990 on the Presto tour.[/QUOTE]

The guy from Sex and the City?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3547635]The guy from Sex and the City?[/QUOTE]

You just opened yourself up to all kinds of ridicule.:yes:

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3547635]The guy from Sex and the City?[/QUOTE]

LOL.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3547661]You just opened yourself up to all kinds of ridicule.:yes:[/QUOTE]

I'll be nice, HD. :D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6E4Cs2H-xE[/url]

EDIT: Doesn't the singer look like Ace Frehley?
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 04-05-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3547080]Great. Sadly, the last time I saw them live was in 1976 at the Syracuse War Memorial. They were bookended by opening act Angel, and headliners ZZ Top. Overall, great show. Here's some ancient film from those halcyon days:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yxA9vt2-c[/url][/QUOTE]

i think we've been through this before...I saw them a year later at the mid-husdon civic center in poughkeepsie, 1977, Cinderella Man tour...

the warm up band was unknown at the time...I'll never forget when talking about the warm-up band on the way up some guy in the car says, "I hear they are kinda mellow"....

it was AC/DC with original leader singer Bonn Scott, who put the lead guitarist- who has snots running down his nose- on his shoulders and ran around the the floor of the theater...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3547667]i think we've been through this before...I saw them a year later at the mid-husdon civic center in poughkeepsie, 1977, Cinderella Man tour...

the warm up band was unknown at the time...I'll never forget when talking about the warm-up band on the way up some guy in the car says, "I hear they are kinda mellow"....

i[B]t was AC/DC with original leader singer Bonn Scott,[/B] who put the lead guitarist- who has snots running down his nose- on his shoulders and ran around the the floor of the theater...[/QUOTE]

LOL. Definitely a "mellow" band, especially in those days with Bonn. That must have been some show, CBTNY.