Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Erykah Badu charged with disorderly conduct for latest video

Erykah Badu charged with disorderly conduct for latest video

[url]http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/100405/entertainment/centertainment_us_badu[/url]

[quote][B][SIZE="4"]R&B singer Erykah Badu in trouble for naked ambition[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Mon Apr 5, 3:10 AM

By Mariel Concepcion[/SIZE]

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Erykah Badu has been charged with disorderly conduct over her nude video shoot for her latest single, "Window Seat," according to TMZ.com.

The Grammy-winning R&B singer will be mailed a citation and faces up to a $500 fine. According to the site, a Texas woman filed an indecency complaint with the Dallas Police Department; an official announcement will be made at a news conference held by the police department soon.

The video was shot in one take at Dealey Plaza in Badu's hometown of Dallas, where John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963.

Once Badu gets all the way down to her curvaceous birthday suit, a gunshot rings out and her body collapses on to the sidewalk, as blue blood spills out to form the word "groupthink."

On the complaints about her decision to go naked on camera, Badu recently tweeted, "Funny thing is, the physical nudity is nothing lol. I been naked all along in my words actions and deeds. thats the real vulnerable place."
    [/quote]

Although I don't always agree with the things she says, I love Badu's music (including this song)...

Here's the vid in question
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCaCIstoOsU&feature=player_embedded#[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

What a surprise...another attention seeking "artiste" thinking nudity is some sort of dramatic avant garde act of creative courage....:rolleyes:

Same shock value iffin I pulled my pants down on the balcony where MLK was shot.

I hope she doesnt pay the fine, forgets about it and gets thrown in the clink at a later date.

:dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Not surprising. Texans have a reputation for being frightened by the female figure. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sorry, Mrs. Jackson

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3547096]Not surprising. Texans have a reputation for being frightened by the female figure. :P[/QUOTE]

You can have her "female figure" we TEXANS like our woman to actually look like woman. P.S. we ain't into that thar "metro sexual thang you got going on up that a way either.

All League
    I now have the desire to scratch my own eyes out with a rusty garden tool....She is NASTY!....WOW!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3547133]You can have her "female figure" we TEXANS like our woman to actually look like woman.[/QUOTE]

Sure you do :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]What a surprise...another attention seeking "artiste" thinking nudity is some sort of dramatic avant garde act of creative courage....[/QUOTE]

Well apparently it does, since she gets a minor citation for it.

Question: Why is nudity such a big deal in this country?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3547165]Why is nudity such a big deal in this country?[/QUOTE]

Because...the kids like violence better.

Veteran
    i will bang here in a heart beat.......how she film a video like that without a cop even noticing or in the area she was filming this

All League
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;3547142]I now have the desire to scratch my own eyes out with a rusty garden tool....She is NASTY!....WOW![/QUOTE]

Yeah. On top of being an idiot, she has no business taking off her clothes

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3547165]Well apparently it does, since she gets a minor citation for it.

[/QUOTE]

A bum taking a leak in an alleyway would get a minor citation too, doesnt make it art, creative or avante garde. Just pissing on a wall.

:dunno:

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3547159][COLOR="Red"]Sure you do[/COLOR] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I expected a better comeback then that:(

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This has more artistic value...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEzBeP6pRoY[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3547193]I expected a better comeback then that:([/QUOTE]

I had a rough weekend. I never realized Easter was a big drinking holiday until I moved to WNY :)

Our countries aghastness to nudity is culturally ingrained and has nada to do with actual morals. No one can possibly think that the sight of a breast will scar a childs mind anymore than seeing an endless parade of dead bodies and gun violence during primetime TV every day of the week and the endless stream of "My D*ck Won't Work Anymore" commercials. Even a store like Walmart will refuse to sell an album should the cover have a partially nude photo...but will sell ever slasher film known to man on the shelf right below. Doesn't make either view right or wrong...but it is all just cultural. We have to remember that our country was founded by a group of people who refused to bathe because you had to get naked to do so...but that same group of people had no problem (thankfully) blowing the brains out of people who stood against our freedom. That's why, even 200 years later, violence is cool but mammary glands are not.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3547209]I had a rough weekend. I never realized Easter was a big drinking holiday until I moved to WNY :)

Our countries aghastness to nudity is culturally ingrained and has nada to do with actual morals. No one can possibly think that the sight of a breast will scar a childs mind anymore than seeing an endless parade of dead bodies and gun violence during primetime TV every day of the week and the endless stream of "My D*ck Won't Work Anymore" commercials. Even a store like Walmart will refuse to sell an album should the cover have a partially nude photo...but will sell ever slasher film known to man on the shelf right below. Doesn't make either view right or wrong...but it is all just cultural. We have to remember that our country was founded by a group of people who refused to bathe because you had to get naked to do so...but that same group of people had no problem (thankfully) blowing the brains out of people who stood against our freedom. That's why, even 200 years later, [B]violence is cool but mammary glands are not.[/QUOTE][/B]
    No, mammaries are cool.

:D

To be honest, I really don't know which I'm more disgusted by, her, or her "singing" Both together is sickening.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=acepepe;3547227]To be honest, I really don't know which I'm more disgusted by, her, or her "singing" Both together is sickening.[/QUOTE]

The only way to redeem that video is iffin the shot was real.

You'd see like, 46 guys running out of the Book Depository with rifles.

:eek:

[QUOTE=manmrmoore;3547176]i will bang here in a heart beat.......how she film a video like that without a cop even noticing or in the area she was filming this[/QUOTE]

Meh. Cops down here don't really go near the 'touristy spots'.

They got better sh!t to do.

[QUOTE=32green;3547191]A bum taking a leak in an alleyway would get a minor citation too, doesnt make it art, creative or avante garde. Just pissing on a wall.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Not if you throw a song and a camera in there. Then it becomes an exhibit...The Bum Who Had to Pee or something.

Badu's not a bad looking chick either.