Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Per Cimini: Jets likely to make a pre-draft splash with free agency or trade;

Jets will have Brandon Marshall on the roster before draft day or on draft day. Write it in stone. All this talk saying insiders say Jets have no interest in him is BS. Last year the Jets were VERY interested in him and this year is gonna take a lot less compensation for him to come here.

[QUOTE=Gluis011;3547439]Jets will have Brandon Marshall on the roster before draft day or on draft day. Write it in stone. All this talk saying insiders say Jets have no interest in him is BS. Last year the Jets were VERY interested in him and this year is gonna take a lot less compensation for him to come here.[/QUOTE]
    From your keyboard to gods eyes man...

Please make this happen...

only way the Jets get Marshall is a deal with Braylon going back to Denver...dont see it any other way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

vmn,,.vjklsoigpoaigu;klsnjv,mafhnasljfldsanc,mas,nvcfadsjkfbnaknjbakfdas;rfejk;ahfjkdsah;ffdnjam bvmasfdsalfhdkjahjkncm,zm

- Rich Cimini

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3547450]vmn,,.vjklsoigpoaigu;klsnjv,mafhnasljfldsanc,mas,nvcfadsjkfbnaknjbakfdas;rfejk;ahfjkdsah;ffdnjam bvmasfdsalfhdkjahjkncm,zm

- Rich Cimini[/QUOTE]

exactly any of us could do what cimini does..

Heres a new article i could put on the DN tomorrow. "Jets insider tells me they are looking into drafting a young talented player who could make an impact on the team."

[QUOTE=K-Met57;3547445]only way the Jets get Marshall is a deal with Braylon going back to Denver...dont see it any other way.[/QUOTE]

I agree they will have to give up one of the 2 receivers we have Braylon or JCo along with a second round pick or third round pick. But Mr T is definitely still interested in Marshall and will try to get a deal done.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3547450]vmn,,.vjklsoigpoaigu;klsnjv,mafhnasljfldsanc,mas,nvcfadsjkfbnaknjbakfdas;rfejk;ahfjkdsah;ffdnjam bvmasfdsalfhdkjahjkncm,zm

- Rich Cimini[/QUOTE]

close

vmn,,.vjklsoigpoaigu;klsnjv,majetssuckfhnasljfldsanc,mas,nvcfadsjkfbnaknjbakfdas;rfejjetsstinkk;ahfjkdsah;ffdnjam bvmasfds alfihavenosourcesanymorehdkjahjkncm,zm

- Rich Cimini

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3547389][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-vS7o0PEs[/url]

I know there's this thing going around where the organization really cares about how he blocks, but we drafted Keller to catch passes.[/QUOTE]

I didn't discount Keller.

I'm talking strictly the WR position. I know whoever we add will likely be the 4th/5th option in the passing game behind Braylon, Cotchery, Keller, and maybe LT.

But we're still thin as hell at the receiver position. I don't know about you, but I don't want Clowney/Smith as my 3rd receiver listed on the roster. Smith has his uses out of the wildcat and on special teams, but he's still raw as hell as a receiver even after four years. Clowney, besides running fast in a straight line, can't do much else.

I'd prefer to get some defensive help in the first two rounds (DE and OLB specifically) and get a guy like Shipley in the 4th. But I'm definitely open to other scenarios. If the Jets are really intrigued by Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas at #29, then so be it. If we love a guy like Gilyard or McCluster in the 2nd round, then I'm down for that too.

Again, it all comes down to surrounding Sanchez with as much help as possible. I'm not saying he needs a pro-bowler at every position to be successful, but giving him some talented young guys to work with can only increase the chances of him being the first franchise QB the Jets have had in four decades.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3547289]It's amazing how beat reporters can sensationalize nothing.

I mean, the Jets may do this and may do that? No kidding.

This is a crap piece of journalism.[/QUOTE]

Cimini will say I told you so after the Jets move up 5 spots in the 4th round

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3547489]Cimini will say I told you so after the Jets move up 5 spots in the 4th round[/QUOTE]

Just like the fortune teller who tells someone "they will make a difficult decision" in the next few weeks.

It PAYS to be ambiguous. You're never wrong.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;3547412]LOL....normally I find myself defending Cimini from some pretty over the top criticism on this site, but I think its pretty much dead on right here. Its clear that he had absolutely nothing to write about and just printed nothing. If someone started a thread with Cimini's exact piece, they'd get flamed mercilessly.[/QUOTE]

It's not all on Cimini actually. His editor should never let this crap see the light of day. Not one substantiated point in the whole piece. (Outside of the Rackers info, which is its own news item, it should not be in this piece)

This is the award winning sports section I hear about, right? The most NY you can get?

Garbage.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 04-05-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3547436]Agreed. I'm more concerned/frightened that #11 is still our backup.[/QUOTE]

#11 is still on the roster. I'm not sure he's actually the back-up at this point....

i think we should all look at this way. sanchez is going to have 15-20 completions per game. over the season this adds up to 240-320 receiptions. divide them up. 70 for edwards and 80 for cotchery. that leaves 90-170 for keller, tomlinson, washington, greene, smith, clowney, henry. not a real reach for each of those guys to get 20 in the season or 140 receiptions. keller will actually get around 40 so that means all of the available pass receptions are covered.

not saying the jets should draft a receiver but they have the luxury of drafting the bap and they need depth on the oline, dline, secondary and possibly an rb.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3547257]Because after Braylon and Cotch, we have nothing at receiver.

Smith is good for a gadget play here and there and is a solid return man, but he's never really refined his skills as a receiver and to be honest, I don't even think the Jets view him as a receiver anymore.

Clowney has never capitalized on his pre-season play. Marcus Henry has proven to be nothing more than TC fodder/PS material at this point.

I wouldn't really be in favor of drafting a WR in round 1, but I wouldn't be totally against it either. We seem to finally have our young, franchise QB. Might as well surround him with as many weapons as possible and set him up to be successful.

Ideally, I would want someone like Gilyard in round 2 or Shipley in the 4th.

Either way, I think we go with a receiver somewhere in the first 4 rounds.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3547430]+1 ... Edwards is totally unreliable... if you look up the phrase butter-fingers in the dictionary, you will find a picture of him. Our other receivers are below average as you mentioned. I would say WR is our weakest position by far, followed by DE & Safety. If we can get Shipley in the 4th, we should be all over that.[/QUOTE]

Edwards has had ups and downs but saying he is totally unreliable is a bit over the top........

Rookie
    I do not want Brandon Marshall anywhere near this team. The guy is gonna cost us a fairly high draft pick and on top of that he will prob demand a new deal which will cost us a boatload of cash.....we're already gonna be shelling out alot of cash to our own stars that need extensions. These are the guys you take care of first, not a talented but troubled guy from another team.

Draft a receiver early on in the draft (not saying we gotta draft someone in round 1), let him play the slot this year, and then groom him to start after this season or next.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3547601]i think we should all look at this way. sanchez is going to have 15-20 completions per game. over the season this adds up to 240-320 receiptions. divide them up. 70 for edwards and 80 for cotchery. that leaves 90-170 for keller, tomlinson, washington, greene, smith, clowney, henry. not a real reach for each of those guys to get 20 in the season or 140 receiptions. keller will actually get around 40 so that means all of the available pass receptions are covered.

not saying the jets should draft a receiver but they have the luxury of drafting the bap and they need depth on the oline, dline, secondary and possibly an rb.[/QUOTE]

What?

What makes you think guys like Clowney and Henry will even sniff 20 receptions this year? Hell, they might not even be on the roster come opening day. The Jets have pretty much given up on Brad Smith as a receiver. Greene isn't exactly a threat catching balls out of the backfield, or at least he hasn't proven it yet. The only guy on that list I could see with more than 20 receptions besides Braylon, Cotchery, Keller, and LT....is [I]maybe[/I] Leon.

That's it.

Getting another receiver to fill the slot role is a pretty big need IMO. I'm not saying we have to take one in the 1st round or even the 2nd round. But it's a position I would definitely like to see addressed by the 4th round.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3547379]This should read.

"Per Cimini, some stuff might happen, it might not."[/QUOTE]

LOL

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3547656]Edwards has had ups and downs but saying he is totally unreliable is a bit over the top........[/QUOTE]

I think he's had more downs than ups and is unreliable... Tell me everytime he is thrown a deep ball your not worried about him dropping it especially when he's wide open?

He has been o.k. on quick slants and short routes, but he has a hard time accurately judging the long balls. IMO he has the worst depth perception out of any receiver I have seen in a long time and opposing teams know that and don't double cover him respectively. My point is his drops alone make him unreliable.

My quess is that Rex wants the next young Ray Lewis and he'll give up whatever to get him
    the next three weeks used to be our playoff season for the last 15 years before our superbowl of draft day. this years kinda different but not really

[QUOTE=Mako Jet;3547825]My quess is that Rex wants the next young Ray Lewis and he'll give up whatever to get him
    the next three weeks used to be our playoff season for the last 15 years before our superbowl of draft day. this years kinda different but not really[/QUOTE]

I get the impression Rex is VERY happy with David Harris, and rightfully so.