Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Per Cimini: Jets likely to make a pre-draft splash with free agency or trade;

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3547538]It's not all on Cimini actually. His editor should never let this crap see the light of day. Not one substantiated point in the whole piece. (Outside of the Rackers info, which is its own news item, it should not be in this piece)

This is the award winning sports section I hear about, right? The most NY you can get?

Garbage.[/QUOTE]

Shocking. This article is neither here nor there. Absolute rubbish. Friggin disgrace

Maybe Cimini knew what he was talking about, after all, considering the Jason Taylor bombshell.

[QUOTE=RCimini;3550655]Maybe Cimini knew what he was talking about, after all, considering the Jason Taylor bombshell.[/QUOTE]

That's a "bombshell"? I don't know if I can say the potential signing of a hated 35 yr old free agent is much of a bombshell. But that's just me.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3550659]That's a "bombshell"? I don't know if I can say the potential signing of a hated 35 yr old free agent is much of a bombshell. But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Signing Joe Namaths daughter to the cheerleader squad would be the scoop Cimini would put his hat on as bombshell signing

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RCimini;3550655]Maybe Cimini knew what he was talking about, after all, considering the Jason Taylor bombshell.[/QUOTE]
    I never answer myself so how can I be talking to myself?

[QUOTE=jetswin;3550731]I never answer myself so how can I be talking to myself?[/QUOTE]

llllol

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RCimini;3550655]Maybe Cimini knew what he was talking about, [B]after all, considering[/B] the Jason Taylor bombshell.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the "after all" and the "considering" kind of redundant in that sentence?

Of course I may be wrong, after all, considering I only speak English as a second language.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3547754]What?

What makes you think guys like Clowney and Henry will even sniff 20 receptions this year? Hell, they might not even be on the roster come opening day. The Jets have pretty much given up on Brad Smith as a receiver. Greene isn't exactly a threat catching balls out of the backfield, or at least he hasn't proven it yet. The only guy on that list I could see with more than 20 receptions besides Braylon, Cotchery, Keller, and LT....is [I]maybe[/I] Leon.

That's it.

Getting another receiver to fill the slot role is a pretty big need IMO. I'm not saying we have to take one in the 1st round or even the 2nd round. But it's a position I would definitely like to see addressed by the 4th round.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed Clowney and he replied about a month ago. I think the work he did in Haiti helped him become a little more humble and respect the hard work necessary to become successful. I think he is going to open some eyes this year. Watch!

Jets Insider VIP
    it would be great if the "big splash" was Cimini heading to the unemployment office after the Daily News kicks his butt out the door

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Rich - if that's what you were aiming at, the article/post (can't remember which medium where it was written) didn't really convey that message.

[QUOTE]League insiders believe ever-aggressive GM Mike Tannenbaum may have a surprise or two before the Jets shift into draft mode. [/QUOTE]

This was followed up by speculation of the RFA market, kickers and talk of Brandon Marshall. A wide array of subjects leading the reader to believe that you were throwing sh!t against the wall to see what sticks.

JMO, but thats different than saying "Something's brewing at FP"....this was "Insiders suggest that Tanny may do something."

But again, that's one anonymous man behind a keyboard's opinion. As something did drop a few days later, I'll definitely give you some props for that. I just think the slant on the original piece bent more towards the superficial than insider scoop that I normally expect.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;3550754] I think he is going to open some eyes this year. Watch![/QUOTE]

LOLZ

maybe if Cimini would actually get a scoop instead of fabricating quotes from 'league sources' and 'players speaking on the condition of anonymity', people would give a crap what he wrote.

you can write well, Rich, but your sources suck. beat writers don't get credibility due to their prowess writing fiction.

All Pro
    [B][SIZE=2]Yup here is Cimini pounding his chest look at point #7:D[/SIZE][/B]

[URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/[/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/04/more-on-the-jets-courtship-of.html"]More on the Jets' courtship of Jason Taylor [/URL][/B]

By Rich Cimini

This is how it began: "Is he ready now?"
    That is what Rex Ryan asked Jason Taylor's agent, Gary Wichard, last week in a phone conversation. As soon as the Jets lost PK Jay Feely to the Cards, opening a free-agent slot, Ryan got on the horn with Wichard, an old friend.
    Ryan went hard after Taylor last offseason, but Taylor's heart was in Miami and he wound up signing a one-year contract. He wasn't ready to move on. Now? Barring an 11th-hour offer from the Dolphins, the Jets-Taylor marriage probably will happen, but it's not going to happen overnight. Taylor probably will take the weekend to think it over, according to Wichard.
    When I asked Wichard if the Patriots are involved, he said, "Not really."
    Taylor arrived early Wednesday in New Jersey, and the Jets showed him a good time. They flew him around Manhattan in a helicopter and they gave him a tour of the new stadium, showing some of his old highlights on the high-tech scoreboard.
    They asked Taylor what kind of food he preferred for dinner, and he said Italian. So they went into Manhattan for a dinner at an Italian restaurant, with Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum accompanying him. In the morning, Taylor will head over to the Jets' facility and will get a chance to meet with some of the players.
    Thoughts and observations on this Taylor courtship:
    1. Is there a chance Taylor is using the Jets to gain leverage against the Dolphins? Sure, that could be the case, but from all indications, the Dolphins haven't stepped up at all. Wichard said they've been under the assumption that the Dolphins will make their move after the draft, as they did a year ago. By taking the Jets trip, Taylor basically is saying he's ready to move on from Miami. If the Jets are smart, they will put a fairly immediate deadline on their offer.
    2. Would this be a good move for the Jets? If I were a fan, I'd hate it. This is a player who has mocked the organization and its fans for years, and now that same organization is trying to embrace him. If you're going to acquire a hated player, at least make it someone in the prime of his career.
    3. Does Taylor, 36 in September, have anything left? He produced seven sacks last season, pretty decent, but three came against the Bills (bad offensive line) and he managed only 1 1/2 over the final 10 games. He's also had a shoulder issue, but still managed to play in 80% of the defensive snaps.
    4. This says everything we need to know about how Ryan truly feels about Vernon Gholston. You wouldn't try to make this move if you thought Gholston had a chance to become a decent player.
    5. Warning to Bryan Thomas: If they get Taylor, you go from thin ice to very thin ice.
    6. Guess Ryan doesn't think he can get one of the quality outside 'backers (Brandon Graham or Sergio Kindle) with the 29th pick.
    [B][SIZE=4]7. Told you Tannenbaum was plotting something big this week, although this sounds like a Ryan production.[/SIZE][/B]
    8. It was graybeard day in Florham Park, as QB Mark Brunell (40 in September) also visited. Wonder if Brunell and Taylor swapped memories of the Jaguars-Dolphins playoff game in January, 2000. Did I just write '2000'? Wow, these guys are really old.
    9. Knowing that Taylor loves the cameras (see "Dancing with the Stars"), you have to wonder if Ryan used "Hard Knocks" as part of his recruiting pitch. Seriously.

Read more: [URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0kWgBF6jB"][COLOR=#015fb6]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0kWgBF6jB[/COLOR][/URL]

Read more: [URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0kWgBGcfk"][COLOR=#015fb6]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0kWgBGcfk[/COLOR][/URL]