Thread: ipad

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

ipad

Anyone get this? Any pros and cons yet?
    Last edited by LockeJET; 04-05-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh. Not sure what the rush is to grab one.

The release of the 3G iPad is less than a month away.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3547266]Meh. Not sure what the rush is to grab one.

The release of the 3G iPad is less than a month away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im waiting for 3G at this point. Just wondering as to how people are liking it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a giant iPod Touch, save yourself the money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3547290]It's a giant iPod Touch, save yourself the money.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's a cross between a workbook and an iPod touch.

Also, I'm not sure of the exclusivity to the iBook store. I know it's an app, just not sure if it's accessible from the iPod touch or not.

I hear you Venom but the marketing Jobs put behind this product will create enough buzz to make this the next 'it' thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3547311]I'd say it's a cross between a workbook and an iPod touch.

Also, I'm not sure of the exclusivity to the iBook store. I know it's an app, just not sure if it's accessible from the iPod touch or not.

I hear you Venom but the marketing Jobs put behind this product will create enough buzz to make this the next 'it' thing.[/QUOTE]

iTurd. Apple sheep would buy it by the millions.

[img]http://doodoolicio.us/images/poop.png[/img]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

IPAD

Just got one and it's awesome. It works great on the insider site and is fast. No flash so far no problem. The apps are growing in leaps and bounds. Once you touch it you are hooked. I'm not strong when it comes to computers but this thing is so easy. Get one and don't look back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3547321]iTurd. Apple sheep would buy it by the millions.[/QUOTE]

Everyone has their opinions.

As the user above expressed, it's a very simple tool to use and was marketed to make life easier for those that didn't want to carry around a workbook and iPod all the time.

It also reaches a market where users felt locked out because they refused to switch to AT&T for the iPhone or couldn't because of their contract obligations with another carrier.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

IPAD

So true. The display quality, well the fit and feel is second to none. When I travel I hate carrying anything except my nexus one phone which is an IPHONE on steroids. This is so small and feather light you can take it anywhere. The cool factor is nice too. The 3g is awesome. I'll give this on to the Mrs. and get the 3g later. Don't waste you time with anything less than the 64gig unit. In my humble opinion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/C64_startup_animiert.gif[/IMG]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does everything my iPhone does, except it has a nifty e-book reader. But my iPhone is also a phone, and it has a camera, whilst the iPad is not/does not.

So, essentially it's a giant iPhone, sans phone, that I can't fit in my pocket. Cool? :huh: :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3547358][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/C64_startup_animiert.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

+1

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what i found when i opened my Ipad.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JDbjc.png[/img]

True Story. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    just more apple crap i don't want or need.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3547413]It does everything my iPhone does, except it has a nifty e-book reader. But my iPhone is also a phone, and it has a camera, whilst the iPad is not/does not.

So, essentially it's a giant iPhone, sans phone, that I can't fit in my pocket. Cool? :huh: :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My sister got one and I was messing around with it the other day. It's EXACTLY what is said in the quote above. :yes: