Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A pretty damn good mock

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I think Bryan Thomas has turned out pretty damn good for us

Best player on defense last year outside Revis
    i tend to agree... so why replace him with Jerry Hughes?

This mock is pretty old. I am interested to see if Daniel Jeremiah changes his Jets pick on his next mock draft. I like Hughes to an extent but agree that he does not seem like the type of pick the Jets would make.

PLEASE, NO MORE OLB's in the 1st rd. PLEASE!!! Im going to puke thinking about it. LSTON...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i tend to agree... so why replace him with Jerry Hughes?
    Not my pick, Hughes that is

If Cody there, I him up
    If Dunlap there, I snap him up
    If Kindle there, I snap him up

Fortunately for the Jets, I think we can pick BAP and not be too worried about the consequences

Banned
    Not my pick, Hughes that is

If Cody there, I him up
    If Dunlap there, I snap him up
    If Kindle there, I snap him up

Fortunately for the Jets, I think we can pick BAP and not be too worried about the consequences
    I agree BAP in round 1 and then fill the Safety need in round 2 or 4.

I think Bryan Thomas has turned out pretty damn good for us

Best player on defense last year outside Revis
    How exactly was Thomas our 2nd best player on defense last year?

Thomas is a good player for us but we need pass rush... Hughes shows some high end potential on the pass rush due to his athleticism.

Actually, if we took Hughes then don't be shocked at a Bryan Thomas trade in order to free up Hughes and Gholston to compete for that job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Thomas is a good player for us but we need pass rush... Hughes shows some high end potential on the pass rush due to his athleticism.

Actually, if we took Hughes then don't be shocked at a Bryan Thomas trade in order to free up Hughes and Gholston to compete for that job.
    If we drafted Hughes I don't think Ryan would have enough confidence in Gholston to try to shop around Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    If we drafted Hughes I don't think Ryan would have enough confidence in Gholston to try to shop around Thomas.
    Gholston played enough on the first few weeks of last year that between that, and Hughes I think he'd entertain trading Thomas.

Would also consider the fact that Rex brought up wanting to get Gholston more opportunity this year as well.

This is Gholston's year though. Either it is this year, or never. I wouldn't be shocked if he did a decent job though. He was very young coming out and is currently only 23 yrs old (turning 24 in June). Aaron Ross, a first rounder to the Giants actually came out of the draft older than that in his year.