Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: A pretty damn good mock

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    A pretty damn good mock

    http://www.movethesticks.com/

    1. Rams- S. Bradford QB Oklahoma- Glaring need at the position trumps everything
    2. Lions- N. Suh DT Nebraska- More versatile than McCoy
    3. Buccaneers- G. McCoy DT Oklahoma- Much needed dominant interior presence
    4. Redskins- R. Okung OT Oklahoma St- Must address the biggest issue and that’s the OL
    5. Chiefs- E. Berry FS Tennessee- Easy pick for a team that needs playmakers
    6. Seahawks-C. Spiller RB Clemson- (See previous comment)
    7. Browns-D. Morgan LB Georgia Tech- Browns are big on smart, productive players
    8. Raiders- J. Paul DE South Florida- Physical Freak with huge upside
    9. Bills- D. Williams NT Tennessee- Perfect fit for the Bills new 3-4
    10. Jaguars- R. Matthews RB Fresno St- Copying the Panthers with a deadly duo at RB
    11. Broncos- E. Thomas FS Texas- This gives them some youth at Safety and a capable Nickel CB
    12. Dolphins- B. Graham DE Michigan- Reminds me of Anthony Spencer
    13. 49ers- B. Bulaga OT Iowa- Maybe a little early but a “high floor” pick
    14. Seahawks- A. Davis OT Rutgers- Raw talented pass protector fills a void
    15. Giants-R. McClain LB Alabama- Size and instincts are excellent but this isn’t Pat Willis 2.0
    16. Titans- D. Bryant WR Oklahoma St- A little risky but the talent is too great to pass up
    17. 49ers- K. Wilson CB Boise St- Best press corner in the draft
    18. Steelers- J. Haden CB Florida- He can go higher if he runs better at his pro day
    19. Falcons- K. Jackson CB Alabama- A real fast riser that is excellent on tape
    20. Texans- D. McCourty CB Rutgers- Fast, physical press corner that is also a stud on special teams
    21. Bengals- J. Gresham TE Oklahoma- They finally land a big time TE for Palmer
    22. Patriots- E. Griffen OB USC- Has as much upside as any defender in the draft
    23. Packers- T. Williams OT Oklahoma- Fills a huge need and can play both sides
    24. Eagles- S. Kindle DE/OB Texas- A nice compliment to Trent Cole
    25. Ravens- B. Price DT UCLA- Need to get a younger sidekick for Ngata
    26. Cardinals- S. Weatherspoon IB Missouri- Excellent replacement for Dansby
    27. Cowboys- C. Brown OT USC- Provides a young athletic OT that can eventually replace Adams
    28. Chargers- J. Odrick DE Penn State- Excellent run defender with upside as a rusher
    29. Jets- J. Hughes OB TCU- Super productive pass rusher that is athletic in coverage as well
    30. Vikings- J. Best RB Cal- Imagine that RB combo
    31. Colts-M. Pouncey OC/OG Florida- Need to upgrade the interior of the OL
    32. Saints- D. Washington LB TCU- Explosive, playmaking LB that would look great next to Vilma

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    jerry hughes isn't a "jets" style pick. He's not from a traditional football factory, he doesn't have tape against quality opposition... and he basically has 1 pass rush move... the edge rush.

    not to say I dont like this player... I do like him... I just don't see this front office taking him. when was the last time these Jets front office took a guy with a high pick from a school like TCU? it's not their style.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    TCU went undefeated last year until the bowl

    I also like Hughes, but there are a ton of guys at that pick I'd like as well

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    TCU went undefeated last year until the bowl

    I also like Hughes, but there are a ton of guys at that pick I'd like as well
    TCU gave sound beatings to Utah and BYU but I hardly consider their schedule anything to write home about last season.

    They played their first quality opponent and caught a pretty decent beating themselves in that game.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    so I had to look it up the last time the Jets took a player in rounds 1 or 2 from a non football factory was Bryan Thomas out of UAB. And look how great that turned out

    Most of the other picks were usual suspects: Ohio State, USC, Virginia, Pitt, Purdue, Iowa, Miami, Kentucky, etc. In other words, Big10, Pac10, Acc and Sec.


    for whatever reason the Jets dont do small schools or even mid majors with draft picks. They will take a Mike Devito from Maine or a James Idhedibo from UMass but they do it after the draft. They took Jacob Bender out of Nicholls State once... that was another non-factor.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    so I had to look it up the last time the Jets took a player in rounds 1 or 2 from a non football factory was Bryan Thomas out of UAB. And look how great that turned out

    Most of the other picks were usual suspects: Ohio State, USC, Virginia, Pitt, Purdue, Iowa, Miami, Kentucky, etc. In other words, Big10, Pac10, Acc and Sec.


    for whatever reason the Jets dont do small schools or even mid majors with draft picks. They will take a Mike Devito from Maine or a James Idhedibo from UMass but they do it after the draft. They took Jacob Bender out of Nicholls State once... that was another non-factor.
    Bryan Thomas was a Bradway pick that befuddled "everyone" in that draft. Most fans were like, "who IS this guy?".
    That's what happens when guys try to make a name for themselves by turning over a rock and trying to find gold.
    Every time you get cute in the draft, you get burned.
    How many times did we here about Gholston, " Takes plays off, still learning the game, great "potential" if you can get him interested".

    Those are HUGE RED FLAGS! No one in the Jet organization wants to take the blame for taking him, it's like a secret that will never be revealed.
    I know one thing, if Rex was our coach, he wouldn't of touched him with a ten foot pole.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Hughes, no homo...

    Not sure about 29 though, decent chance he may still be there when we pick in the 2nd...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Every time you get cute in the draft, you get burned.
    We got cute with Thomas and got burned?

    If we had drafted Grant, he would have been traded after the conversion to the 3-4.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    another fun fact the Jets did take a player out of Texas Christian not too long ago... Drew Coleman in the 6th round. eeek.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    We got cute with Thomas and got burned?

    If we had drafted Grant, he would have been traded after the conversion to the 3-4.
    He definitely was NOT worth a 1st round pick.
    Wasn't he picked like 15th? I can't remember but he wasted a few years of the Jets 1st round money.

    Jets would have been better off in years past letting the majority of the fans make the pick- Would have had Marino- Sapp- & there were many more.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    another fun fact the Jets did take a player out of Texas Christian not too long ago... Drew Coleman in the 6th round. eeek.
    What? Drew would be great if he was just 3" taller, just might have got his fingers on that ball to knock it away in Indy.
    That one play got the ball rolling for Manning.

    Of course Carrie Rhodes was also one step away from making a HUGE PLAY, but wasn't able to .................................................. .......again.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    He definitely was NOT worth a 1st round pick.
    Wasn't he picked like 15th? I can't remember but he wasted a few years of the Jets 1st round money.

    Jets would have been better off in years past letting the majority of the fans make the pick- Would have had Marino- Sapp- & there were many more.
    He was picked 22nd and like I said, the only other DE worth the grade was Charles Grant, who would not have been on this team after we converted defenses.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,713
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    We got cute with Thomas and got burned?

    If we had drafted Grant, he would have been traded after the conversion to the 3-4.
    what does Charles Grant have to do with anything?

    after drafting Abe and Ellis in 2000, the LAST thing the Jets needed in the 2002 draft was another 1st round DE.


    ED ****ING REED

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what does Charles Grant have to do with anything?

    after drafting Abe and Ellis in 2000, the LAST thing the Jets needed in the 2002 draft was another 1st round DE.


    ED ****ING REED
    I was going with what position we drafted.

    Ed Reed is a completely different argument.

    We blew it.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I was going with what position we drafted.

    Ed Reed is a completely different argument.

    We blew it.
    not that there's any way to prove it but I remember most posters wanting mike rumph that year... not Ed reed

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    not that there's any way to prove it but I remember most posters wanting mike rumph that year... not Ed reed
    I do remember talks of his supposed ability to make the successful conversion to Safety.

    I however was not on that particular bandwagon.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    so I had to look it up the last time the Jets took a player in rounds 1 or 2 from a non football factory was Bryan Thomas out of UAB. And look how great that turned out

    Most of the other picks were usual suspects: Ohio State, USC, Virginia, Pitt, Purdue, Iowa, Miami, Kentucky, etc. In other words, Big10, Pac10, Acc and Sec.


    for whatever reason the Jets dont do small schools or even mid majors with draft picks. They will take a Mike Devito from Maine or a James Idhedibo from UMass but they do it after the draft. They took Jacob Bender out of Nicholls State once... that was another non-factor.
    Bit, you are right on this. I remember reading (or hearing) Tannebaum say he likes taking players from big schools. He says they play in front of 100,000 fans every Saturday so it won't be a shock for them to play in front of 80,000 on Sundays.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bryan Thomas has turned out pretty damn good for us

    Best player on defense last year outside Revis

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I think Bryan Thomas has turned out pretty damn good for us

    Best player on defense last year outside Revis
    Well, that would belong to Harris.

    But I hear you.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,713
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I think Bryan Thomas has turned out pretty damn good for us

    Best player on defense last year outside Revis
    i think you'd have a very hard time finding people that support your opinion.

    Harris, Pace, Ellis were all, IMO, head and shoulders better than BT. Scott, Leonhard and Douglas were instrumental in making our defense work as well as it did in Rex's first year. DeVito and Pouha were huge in replacing Jenks.

    not hating on BT, but saying he was our second-best player on defense... that's a BIG stretch.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us