Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams release Bulger

Over the last 3 years....

36 Games, 612/1065 (57.4%) 6581 yds (6.2 YPA, 182.0 Yards/Game), 27 TD, 34 INT, 89 Sacks, 70.8 QB Rating. 17 Fumbles, 8 Lost.

The only word to describe that is awful. Actually, no that's not strong enough. God awful.

What exactly is he going to teach Sanchez? How to suck?

There's no reason to think he has anything to offer a team anymore. I wouldn't give him vet minimum.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3547646]Over the last 3 years....

36 Games, 612/1065 (57.4%) 6581 yds (6.2 YPA, 182.0 Yards/Game), 27 TD, 34 INT, 89 Sacks, 70.8 QB Rating. 17 Fumbles, 8 Lost.

The only word to describe that is awful. Actually, no that's not strong enough. God awful.

What exactly is he going to teach Sanchez? How to suck?

There's no reason to think he has anything to offer a team anymore. I wouldn't give him vet minimum.[/QUOTE]

the 89 sacks over 36 games might have something to do with it.

or maybe a lot of those sacks were his fault, who knows, i certainly don't watch enough Rams football to know for sure.

i do think he has more to offer than Clemens.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3547652]the 89 sacks over 36 games might have something to do with it.

or maybe a lot of those sacks were his fault, who knows, i certainly don't watch enough Rams football to know for sure.

i do think he has more to offer than Clemens.[/QUOTE]

No, they were not his fault.

Very accurate passer whose 34 INT and 17 fumbles is another telling indicator that he wasn't given enough time.

2007 killed Marc Bulger and his future.

Bulger is done, gun shy done. Once a Qb starts turning his back after throwing and feeling some pressure you know he is hit shy. Pass.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3547611]yup, because his days as a starting QB are clearly over and he was due to make $8.5 million this season. it made perfect sense for the Rams to cut him.

if the Jets are looking for a veteran QB to mentor Sanchez (something that Clemens is not), there aren't a whole lot of alternatives out there better than Bulger.

that's all i'm saying.[/QUOTE]

And they're going to drop 60 million on a rookie in a few weeks.

They also did him a favor by cutting him now, giving him an opportunity to sign on with another team before the FA signing period ends in a couple od weeks.

I would think he can help Sanchez a hell of lot more than Clemens and I would feel a lot better giving Bulger a tough start in place of Sanchez than I would with Clemens filling in. :yes:

Banned
    Bulger was supposedly thinking about retiring at the end of last season.

Banned
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3547609]I was in Morgantown, WV...1997...Bulger vs. Pennington

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNudLide2k[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3547631]What a clip gcherd. Chad had some gas on his ball back then. What could have been if not for that fateful day in Buffalo in 2004.[/QUOTE]

I was drinking beer on my couch laughing when this happened.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y10NwbMDro&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y10NwbMDro&feature=related[/URL]

Bulger is alot like Tomlinson. Bulger has played behind an awful line the last couple years. And not just a bad line, but a totally inept line. If he played behind the Jets line he would be serviceable, which is about 4 notches above what we get from Clemens.

Veteran

With his release....

Im assuming that Bradford is the #1 overall pick?

Hall Of Fame
    I'd want him over Clemens, but not over Rackers.
    Letting Feeley go over a few bucks was a mistake - and Folk is the weakest link on the team now.
    I don't know that we have the exception money to get Bulger and Rackers.

[QUOTE=Jetsound;3547735]I'd want him over Clemens, but not over Rackers.
    Letting Feeley go over a few bucks was a mistake - and Folk is the weakest link on the team now.
    I don't know that we have the exception money to get Bulger and Rackers.[/QUOTE]

Bulger was released, he doesn't count against out Final Four limitations.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3547652]the 89 sacks over 36 games might have something to do with it.

[b]or maybe a lot of those sacks were his fault,[/b] who knows, i certainly don't watch enough Rams football to know for sure.

i do think he has more to offer than Clemens.[/QUOTE]

A lot of both. Bulger was indecisive and certainty didn't help them any.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3547697]I would think he can help Sanchez a hell of lot more than Clemens and I would feel a lot better giving Bulger a tough start in place of Sanchez than I would with Clemens filling in. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Help him with what, specificly?

What is Bulger going to help Sanchez with that Clemens (with many years working in Shotty's system, and Sanchez himself now a full year + postseason in that same system) would not, specifcly?

And please, we're both smart guys, so lets leave the generalizations and platitudes unsaid. Be specific, what will Bulger help Sanchez with?

And while we're at it, who in the AFC East do you have confidence Bulger is going to beat? And why do you think that?

I'm really curious, because I see Bulger as a worn-down rattlebrain who was never a particularly cerebral/coach-like QB when he was at his best. And while Clemens is poo, he knows Shotty's system intimately, and Bulger doesn't....and after all those hits and brain shaking blows, I'm not convinced he would pick it up very well (it's reportedly quite complicated).

I'm open to a Vet. Just not Bulger.
    Last edited by Warfish; 04-05-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Veteran
    I trolled a Rams board to see what they think about Bulger. Most truly believe he can still play but was buried behind a terrible O-Line and a lousy team. Even the doubters are curious to see him on a better team.

Banned
    Gee, I wonder if having no O-line, no receivers and piss poor offensive coaching the last couple years somehow made Bulger look "done."

Kellen Clemens totally sucks. Bulger is the better QB and it is not even close. For the right price he'd be an ideal backup to Sanchez.

Banned
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3547795]I trolled a Rams board to see what they think about Bulger. Most truly believe he can still play but was buried behind a terrible O-Line and a lousy team. Even the doubters are curious to see him on a better team.[/QUOTE]

+1

Ofcourse he was setup for failure and anyone who has watched him the last couple years knows it. The idea that we're better off with Kelly Clunkers as our contingency plan in case Sanchez has a serious injury is simply laughable.

Veteran
    Jets have no interest in Marc Bulger
    Apr 5 4/5/2010 7:07:21 PM | More

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets have no current interest in free agent QB Marc Bulger

Banned
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3547906]Jets have no interest in Marc Bulger

[B]Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets have no current interest in free agent QB Marc Bulger[/B][/QUOTE]

Which means he'll be a Jet by the weekend. ;)

In all honesty, I can see Bulger going to Buffalo.

[QUOTE=jayrad01;3547906]Jets have no interest in Marc Bulger

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets have no current interest in free agent QB Marc Bulger[/QUOTE]

oh well.

if Cimini says so...

Jets Insider VIP
    Bulger??

NO