All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3548207]Bulger??

NO[/QUOTE]

Marc

Si

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    no Thanks! He hasnt been the same player in years.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3547499]Bulger cleaned out his locker a month ago. No surprise here.

Yeah, he is washed up. Rather seen Kellen Clemens in there.[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me, there are high school kids that are better than Clemens.
    Bulger is a huge up grade

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3547558]He got cut from the worst team in football.......[/QUOTE]
    because the rams are doing to draft a qb in the draft and make him the starter just like stafford with the lions and sanchez with the jets. or have you forgotten that already? bulger is solid as a backup. think kerry collins 2008.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mike309;3548273]You have got to be kidding me, there are high school kids that are better than Clemens.
    Bulger is a huge up grade[/QUOTE]

Bulger's only been the worst player in the NFL for the last 3 years.

On a per game basis, his stats are eerily similar to that of JaMarcus Russell over that stretch. Surely, nobody is advocating we make a run at him as well?

Clearly nobody supporting getting him has watched him play in the last 3 years. He's regressed so much, it's kinda sad.

Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge, Kevin O'Connell, it doesn't matter. I'll take any of them before Bulger. Why settle for an option that we already know is absolutely horrible?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some Jets leftovers Ľ
    By Rich Cimini

Random thoughts and observations:

1. Following up on the previous post, regarding the Jets' possible interest in former Rams QB Marc Bulger, I did some snooping and determined there's no interest. That bodes well for Kellen Clemens -- for now. What about Jason Campbell, now expendable in Washington? It's hard to imagine the Jets outbidding other teams that would want him as their starter.

2. Spoke to an NFL scout today who believes Clemson DE/OLB Ricky Sapp (6-4, 252) would be an ideal fit in Rex Ryan's 34 defense. Said the scout: "He's a pass-rushing son of a gun." The Jets are picking 29th, and that might be a little high for Sapp, but he has the ability to drop and cover. That has to be appealing to the Jets.

By the way, Sapp is scheduled to visit the Jets tomorrow. This is what he wrote in his pre-draft diary for Times and Democrat in Orangeburg, S.C.:

"On Tuesday morning, I am flying out to go visit the New York Jets. I am very excited because I have never been to New York and I am ready to see what all the talk is about. I leave from the Jets and fly straight to Arizona to visit the Cardinals. Iím extremely excited, but as quietly as itís kept ... I HATE flying. I HATE airports, but itís something Iím going to have to get over real soon."

Memo to Ricky: The closest you'll get to New York is seeing the skyline out of your plane window. You're headed to Florham Park, kid.

3. Speaking of outside linebackers ... remember when everybody was speculating on Adalius Thomas to the Jets? Well, last time I checked, he's still a member of the Patriots. Even if he intends to cut Thomas, Bill Belichick isn't going to make it easy for him to run into the waiting arms of his old coach from Baltimore, Rex Ryan.

4. Check out Damien Woody's radio show tomorrow night on Sirius, from 8 p.m. to 11. It should be a good listen. Woody is one of the smart guys in football and, as Jets fans know, he has the gift of gab. He has a future in this business -- radio/TV, I meant, not blogging.

[U][url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0kMDdvCh5[/url][/U]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. There were way more deserving players than him who deserved a contract and we have no trouble at the QB position. Don't waste your money Mike

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3548563]Bulger's only been the worst player in the NFL for the last 3 years.

On a per game basis, his stats are eerily similar to that of JaMarcus Russell over that stretch. Surely, nobody is advocating we make a run at him as well?

Clearly nobody supporting getting him has watched him play in the last 3 years. He's regressed so much, it's kinda sad.

Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge, Kevin O'Connell, it doesn't matter. I'll take any of them before Bulger. Why settle for an option that we already know is absolutely horrible?[/QUOTE]

And having no offensive line, no wide receivers and horrific offensive coaching for the last couple years has had nothing to do with this?

People thought Kurt Warner was done and had a fork stuck in him permanently up until a couple years ago and he had way better tools to work with in STL his last couple years there than Bulger had last two seasons. Kelly Clunkers couldn't make himself look good against a hideous defense. Ainge is a JAG whose best play in preseason was an underthrown pass that went for a td because the closest DB was a 3rd string scrub. O'Connell is so worthless Belichick cut him.

Bulger would easily be an upgrade over Clemens especially with our O-line and receivers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bulger. i never thought much about his name until i saw it in this context.

'Rams Release Bulger.'

makes me want to go to the john and drop a load.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3548876]Bulger. i never thought much about his name until i saw it in this context.

'Rams Release Bulger.'

makes me want to go to the john and drop a load.[/QUOTE]

or pinch a loaf

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3547706]I was drinking beer on my couch [/QUOTE]

There's a shocker! :)

:beerme:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3547646]Over the last 3 years....

36 Games, 612/1065 (57.4%) 6581 yds (6.2 YPA, 182.0 Yards/Game), 27 TD, 34 INT, 89 Sacks, 70.8 QB Rating. 17 Fumbles, 8 Lost.

The only word to describe that is awful. Actually, no that's not strong enough. God awful.

What exactly is he going to teach Sanchez? How to suck?

There's no reason to think he has anything to offer a team anymore. I wouldn't give him vet minimum.[/QUOTE]

His OL had a lot to do with that. As a backup QB, behind a good OL? Sign me up/