Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rams release Bulger

Rams release Bulger

[QUOTE]Paging Arizona: The St. Louis Rams have released QB Marc Bulger, the team announced today.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Rams releasing Marc Bulger is the latest piece of evidence that Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford is going to be the No. 1 overall pick.[/QUOTE]

...and just like that, Bradford is the #1 pick.

EDIT: (source) [URL="http://twitter.com/adam_schefter"]http://twitter.com/adam_schefter[/URL] sorry I forgot to add this before.
    Last edited by dassin; 04-05-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd sign Bulger in a heartbeat to backup up Sanchize.

nah, Bulger is done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bulger cleaned out his locker a month ago. No surprise here.

Yeah, he is washed up. Rather seen Kellen Clemens in there.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'd take him for a #2 in a heartbeat.

Nah, pass on the Bulge. :eek:

Cut on his birthday.

Ouch.

why not sign Bulger as the veteran backup?

Sanchez and Ainge/O'Connell can learn a whole lot more from Bulger than they will from Clemens.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3547553]why not sign Bulger as the veteran backup?

Sanchez and Ainge/O'Connell can learn a whole lot more from Bulger than they will from Clemens.[/QUOTE]

He got cut from the worst team in football.......

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3547553]

Sanchez and Ainge/O'Connell can learn a whole lot more from Bulger than they will from Clemens.[/QUOTE]

That's the understatement of the day!

[IMG]http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/kellen-clemens-jets-79e53611cbf2e3f6_large.jpg[/IMG]

:eek: Guys who want to look at the Bulge :eek:

Pass on Brokendown Bulger.

He is incappable of winning even a single game as a backup in the NFL right now.

Guarantee, the Jets aren't looking at him (cue baseless NY Media speculation that we are ;)).
    Last edited by Warfish; 04-05-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3547553]why not sign Bulger as the veteran backup?

I'd be fine with that

Sanchez
    Bulger
    Ainge/O'Connel battle it out for 3rd QB

[QUOTE=Warfish;3547577]Pass on Brokendown Bulger.

He is incappable of winning even a single game as a backup in the NFL right now.

Guarantee, the Jets aren't looking at him (cue baseless NY Media speculation that we are ;)).[/QUOTE]

nobody would be counting on him to win anything -- just like nobody is counting on Clemens to win if Sanchez gets hurt. let's face it, if Sanchez gets hurt, none of the QB's currently on the market would be able to come in and make a big difference (unless Kurt Warner comes out of retirement).

Bulger's value would be more in terms of experience and teaching the finer nuances of the game to our young QB's, a job for which he would be much better suited than Clemens.

I was in Morgantown, WV...1997...Bulger vs. Pennington

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNudLide2k[/url]

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3547558]He got cut from the worst team in football.......[/QUOTE]

yup, because his days as a starting QB are clearly over and he was due to make $8.5 million this season. it made perfect sense for the Rams to cut him.

if the Jets are looking for a veteran QB to mentor Sanchez (something that Clemens is not), there aren't a whole lot of alternatives out there better than Bulger.

that's all i'm saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    don't sign this beast

we don't need someone to teach Mark, Eric and Kevin who to throw away games

Jets Insider VIP
    What a clip gcherd. Chad had some gas on his ball back then. What could have been if not for that fateful day in Buffalo in 2004.

i would be very happy if we got Bulger to back up sanchez

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Put me down in the "Who the Fuk knows?" category.

If the FO makes this move, I'll assume they know more than I do and support it. The guy clearly had game a few years ago. Is it all gone or simply masked on a crap team? I have no idea. If Rex and Co. like him, by all means, pick him up to backup Sanchez. One things for sure, backup QB is not our most set position.