Thread: Chris Cook CB Virginia

Chris Cook CB Virginia

anyone know anything about this guy? was surfin around and found his profile, 6,2 215 4.4 40 corner????? apparently has good ball skills??? check him out at the usual places. curious if anyone more in the know than me could shed some light on why i've never heard of this guy, 4th maybe he might be there???

a thought

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by soks45 View Post
    anyone know anything about this guy? was surfin around and found his profile, 6,2 215 4.4 40 corner????? apparently has good ball skills??? check him out at the usual places. curious if anyone more in the know than me could shed some light on why i've never heard of this guy, 4th maybe he might be there???

a thought
    Cook is probably a mid-late 2nd rounder.

I like him. Could probably make the transition to safety at the next level too.

Yep...that he was under Groh at Virginia is another plus for him too.

Someone I have to watch seriously and I haven't seen much of. Watched a couple virginia games but I wasn't specifically watching Cook so it doesn't really count.

His measurables are off the chart and he has an interesting size. Big kid and probably too big for corner, but he moves extremely well. Would be a high end safety prospect.

With someone that big for corner, the first thing that you have to look at is his hips and how he gets in and out of breaks.

Played in the senior bowl too so I have to go back and look at that as well.

And yeah, playing under someone like Groh is definitely a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by soks45 View Post

a thought
    COOK would be a nice addition to the jets secondary. He might be able to play Safety if Pool gets hurt .. I want two CB's from this draft..

Banned
    Solid prospect who has the size and speed to develop into someone who can cover the bigger wr's at the next level. Worst case scenario he becomes a Safety/Nickelback.

when chris cook is on his game, he's awesome... like borderline #1 CB awesome

when he's off his game he's injured... broke his leg before... injured his knee etc.

great upside... great downside... classic boom/bust guy

but he's got real skills.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    when chris cook is on his game, he's awesome... like borderline #1 CB awesome

when he's off his game he's injured... broke his leg before... injured his knee etc.

great upside... great downside... classic boom/bust guy

but he's got real skills.
    most corners with a broken leg. wont be very good at all