Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Golden Tate told me he thinks he will be drafted by jets

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Golden Tate told me he thinks he will be drafted by jets

    i was with Tate in Arizona a week ago... he was training at API out here with a bunch of other guys... he told me he think the jets will take him and have shown a lot of interest.. tate still thinks cinci is another team that could grab him.. he was very excited about the prospect of going to the jets...

    also Demaryius Bebe thomas told me he thinks the dolphins are going to take him...

    just a heads up for the draft junkies

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    i was with Tate in Arizona a week ago... he was training at API out here with a bunch of other guys... he told me he think the jets will take him and have shown a lot of interest.. tate still thinks cinci is another team that could grab him.. he was very excited about the prospect of going to the jets...

    also Demaryius Bebe thomas told me he thinks the dolphins are going to take him...

    just a heads up for the draft junkies
    You know Vernon Davis said the same thing in '06. This means absolutely nothing... Unless we take him.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    some prospects the first time they hear from a team is when they get drafted... so as to keep the secret. Denver was like that with Cutler. They didn't even talk to his agent. Not at the combine, senior bowl... nothing... Other teams they sweat em all season and then just take em... Jets did this with Vilma. it can go either way...

    tate and thomas strike me as 2 prospects that think they are first rounders... and it might not end up that way for either of them... just because it is a super deep class.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    jets will trade their #2 and #4 and#5 to move up in round 2 to grab tate.
    thats right after they take corey wooten in round 1 with pick #29.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    some prospects the first time they hear from a team is when they get drafted... so as to keep the secret. Denver was like that with Cutler. They didn't even talk to his agent. Not at the combine, senior bowl... nothing... Other teams they sweat em all season and then just take em... Jets did this with Vilma. it can go either way...

    tate and thomas strike me as 2 prospects that think they are first rounders... and it might not end up that way for either of them... just because it is a super deep class.
    Before the draft last year I thought it was obvious the Jets were very interested in Sanchez.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have no prob with Cotch, Edwards and Tate as the jets top three WR's. UNSTOPPABLE!!!

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    some prospects the first time they hear from a team is when they get drafted... so as to keep the secret. Denver was like that with Cutler. They didn't even talk to his agent. Not at the combine, senior bowl... nothing... Other teams they sweat em all season and then just take em... Jets did this with Vilma. it can go either way...

    tate and thomas strike me as 2 prospects that think they are first rounders... and it might not end up that way for either of them... just because it is a super deep class.
    We didnt talk to Sanchez for like a month before the draft. They say we saw him at the USC pro day and never contacted him after. Maybe Tate is just saying that he wants to be a Jet. Who doesnt these days? lol

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    jets will trade their #2 and #4 and#5 to move up in round 2 to grab tate.
    thats right after they take corey wooten in round 1 with pick #29.
    lol... Wooten!

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrence Cody told me he'd eat Rex Ryan whole if he isn't a Jet on Draft Day.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tate would be great. In a perfect world, Gresham goes to the Bungles at 21, Dez the Dummy goes the Baltimore at 25 and Tate is there for the taking. Defense can wait until 61 or we can even trade up to mid 2nd by swapping picks and giving Gholston.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think tate will be a good fit for the jets... he really likes sanchez also...

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I would have no prob with Cotch, Edwards and Tate as the jets top three WR's. UNSTOPPABLE!!!


    Make it happen Tanny

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see us taking Tate, I wouldn't be upset with the pick.


    I do think D.Thomas ends up being a first round pick,too much potential to slip out of the first. Heyward Bey was drafted pretty darn high last year.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tate's upside is Steve Smith. So similar as players.

    I like Tate a lot. WOuld be very happy with the pick and I'm almost of the mindset that the Jets need to keep adding receivers right now to get Sanchize more and more weapons.


    Only things that concern me with Tate would be the occasional drops and the short area quickness. As fast as he is, he doesn't have the best hips in the world and although he can make some great catches, he'll get infected from time to time with the drops bug.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post


    Make it happen Tanny
    Tate is also a very good kid and would fit into the locker room right away....

    The other kid training out here is Erik Decker and i no New England and Seatle have been talking to him.... Decker is coming off a bad injury but he is starting to get better and he catches everything i no some guys on the board dont like guys coming off injuries but if he slips into the 6th round i would love to grab him.... but i really think he is going to suprise some people and go in the late 3rd or 4th round

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Terrence Cody told me he'd eat Rex Ryan whole if he isn't a Jet on Draft Day.
    A Fat Guy Cannibal 1 v 1 competitive eating competition would be fantastic TV.

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    We didnt talk to Sanchez for like a month before the draft. They say we saw him at the USC pro day and never contacted him after. Maybe Tate is just saying that he wants to be a Jet. Who doesnt these days? lol
    Rex and company flew out to southern CA to work Sanchez out not only one day, but a few. I know because this took place across the street from where I live at Mission Viejo High School. Lets just say I was tempted to take a peek and say Hi to out new HC... probably should have. Something I'll regret a long time if The jets win a SB w Chez

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Rex and company flew out to southern CA to work Sanchez out not only one day, but a few. I know because this took place across the street from where I live at Mission Viejo High School. Lets just say I was tempted to take a peek and say Hi to out new HC... probably should have. Something I'll regret a long time if The jets win a SB w Chez
    I forgot what interview it was in but he was asked by Cimini how he feels about the Jets, and he said something to the extent of that they hadn't been in contact with him since his pro-day. That he felt like they didn't like him. Point being, that we do a good job on concealing who we are really targeting.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    i was with Tate in Arizona a week ago... he was training at API out here with a bunch of other guys... he told me he think the jets will take him and have shown a lot of interest.. tate still thinks cinci is another team that could grab him.. he was very excited about the prospect of going to the jets...

    also Demaryius Bebe thomas told me he thinks the dolphins are going to take him...

    just a heads up for the draft junkies
    Golden Tate last week told me he really liked hookers...maybe we can make it work

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like
    where is SAR's store owner connection when you need him?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us