Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Rackers signs with Texans

Neil Rackers signs with Texans

Via Adam Schefter on twitter. 2 year deal. Texans will keep him and Kris Brown and have an open competition in Training Camp.

[url]www.twitter.com/Adam_Schefter[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

A splash.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously folks

dime a dozen kickers are NBD

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'd rather just bring in an UDFA after the draft to compete with Folk anyway.

Rackers was a damn good kicker 3 or 4 years ago but he's steadily regressed, especially on kickoffs. Not to mention that he started to develop the rep of being a choke artist.

Folk had a bad season last year but he was a pro-bowler before that and is still very young, only 25 years old I believe.

I'd rather have Kris Brown

Jets probably bring in a Shayne Graham type to compete with Folk, and depending how the competition runs its course, they could pounce on a player like Brown if he becomes avail.

didn't cimini say we were going to sign him?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;3547784]didn't cimini say we were going to sign him?[/QUOTE]

Thats the splash:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3547789]The kiss of death[/QUOTE]

I guess that means we should go out and get Brandon Marshall jerseys

All League
    I hope the FO has a plan that doesn't include drafting another Nugent...lol I bet we offended Rackers with our low-ball offer...HAHA

Folk is a better kicker than Rackers. The Jets stole Folk who is still a very good kicker. Folk is only 25 years old and should rebound.

[QUOTE=nyjets1969;3547820]Folk is a better kicker than Rackers. The Jets stole Folk who is still a very good kicker. Folk is only 25 years old and should rebound.[/QUOTE]

If anything, I like the optimism. Folk is certainly talented...and it's nice to see a K who isn't 500 years old.

All League
    anybody know the top 5 kickers coming out? Maybe the Jets sign a one as a College Free Agent to compete with Folk. May the best man win....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;3547830]anybody know the top 5 kickers coming out? Maybe the Jets sign a one as a College Free Agent to compete with Folk. May the best man win....[/QUOTE]

Kinda like they did last season?

Or when they drafted Nugent? ;)

isn't jon hall available? the jets put up with that clown for a few seasons. and what about doug brien? the point is they'll find a kicker if it isn't folk without too much trouble. hopefully he won't cost them a game like feely did. maybe he'll even be able to get the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs once in a while.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3547833]Kinda like they did last season?

Or when they drafted Nugent? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not in favor of Drafting one. Bring in a young kicker to battle Folk. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Nugent back for a looksie. why not? maybe he's ready...

Folk looks like an adequate replacement, Rackers was regressing anyway

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3547790]Thats the splash:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

By splash, are you referring to the sound turds make as they hit toilet water?

All Pro
    Folk is NOT better than Rackers.

[QUOTE=nyjets1969;3547820]Folk is a better kicker than Rackers. The Jets stole Folk who is still a very good kicker. Folk is only 25 years old and should rebound.[/QUOTE]

Why? I mean he should rebound means pretty well zero, just because he was a good kicker for a few years doesn't mean he is going to automatically return to form.

I'm pretty uneasy about our kicking situation. If your fg kicker has a bad year it can really hurt your team, to the tune of a couple missed wins and perhaps the playoffs.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    how does this happen when his meeting is with the jets tomorrow...i just dont understand this type of stuff