Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke Vs Butler - National Championship Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Unbelievable that every game they have a 10 minute span where they have no FG's and they still manage to win games.

IMO, worst championship team ever if they win.
    They play great defense. So if the Jets won the Super Bowl this past year, would they have been the worst Super Bowl team to ever win?

Damn that would have been amazing

All League
    wow

Hell of a game and all the respect in the world to Butler. Nobody in the world picked them to do anything and they were seconds away from a national championship.

All League
    I really wanted that shot to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    They play great defense. So if the Jets won the Super Bowl this past year, would they have been the worst Super Bowl team to ever win?
    How do they compare?

The Butler Bulldogs and the Jets?
    Are you a Basketball fan and follow the game frequently? Just curious.

This was absolutely the best tournament I've ever seen. Newfound love for College basketball after this.

How do they compare?

The Butler Bulldogs and the Jets?
    Are you a Basketball fan and follow the game frequently? Just curious.
    Umm, I couldn't disagree with you more. Teams have different styles. Butler's style is low scoring games, grinding out other teams.

Not worse than other teams, just different. It's ugly like the Knicks in the 90s, but gets the job done.

Veteran
    That block from Howard on that last second shot was big.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    This was absolutely the best tournament I've ever seen. Newfound love for College basketball after this.

Epic

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I really wanted that shot to go
    That would have been one of the most ridiculous wins of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    That would have been one of the most ridiculous wins of all time.
    That building would have fell to the ground if that half court shot went in. Would have been absolute pandemonium.

Veteran
    Unbelievable that every game they have a 10 minute span where they have no FG's and they still manage to win games.

IMO, worst championship team ever if they win.

Damn, that kid for the rest of his life is going to be reliving that shot over and over, to come that close and losing must be painful.

I only wish Gus Johnson was calling that shot, he would have died on air if that went in

How did Duke find four kids that look like the evil albino monk from the Da Vinci Code?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Damn, that kid for the rest of his life is going to be reliving that shot over and over, to come that close and losing must be painful.
    He should be proud that we are even talking about it.

It was a great shot. Great game, it was lost before that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Umm, I couldn't disagree with you more. Teams have different styles. Butler's style is low scoring games, grinding out other teams.

Not worse than other teams, just different. It's ugly like the Knicks in the 90s, but gets the job done.
    You couldn't disagree with me more about what the Jets are comparable to Butler?

College Basketball was alot more evened out this year, Look back at Nationial Championship teams of the past if you think Butler could have stayed in a game with North Carolina, Florida, Kansas of years past your crazy.

They shot about 35% the whole tournament, had spans in every game where they went almost 10 min without a field goal. Just playing good defense, doesn't win you games in Basketball. I don't think saying they would be one of the worst championship teams of all time is a stretch compared to years past.

All League
    You couldn't disagree with me more about what the Jets are comparable to Butler?

College Basketball was alot more evened out this year, Look back at Nationial Championship teams of the past if you think Butler could have stayed in a game with North Carolina, Florida, Kansas of years past your crazy.

They shot about 35% the whole tournament, had spans in every game where they went almost 10 min without a field goal. Just playing good defense, doesn't win you games in Basketball. I don't think saying they would be one of the worst championship teams of all time is a stretch compared to years past.
    Grab a snickers, stop being such a drama queen

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Grab a snickers, stop being such a drama queen
    LOL your right.

Great game too watch anyway, amazing tournament.

Butler winning and losing me money, didn't help my love for them anyway.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He should be proud that we are even talking about it.

It was a great shot. Great game, it was lost before that shot.
    I disagree.

We should be proud we witnessed such a great game. Butlers got guts. They fought (they way the game was called) tooth and nail with NCAA Titans and were an inch off the glass away from glory.

Look at the execution on the last play off the free throw.

They did Indy proud.