Thread: 2010 New York Red Bulls

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

2010 New York Red Bulls

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one on this site who gives a damn about this team, but I figured I'd start the thread and see.

Red Bulls off to a nice start with a 2-0-0 record, already pretty much halfway to their win total from last season. Not that that's saying much when you set an MLS worst record with 5 wins. They won their opening match against Chicago 1-0, in the first ever regular season match at the brand new, beautiful Red Bull Arena. They then followed that up with an impressive 1-0 win on Saturday night out in Seattle. That broke their 27 game road winless streak in which they were 0-20-7. Surprising, since Seattle is likely the hardest venue to play at in the league. Next match is Saturday afternoon at Chivas. First two matches, the friendly vs. Santos and the opener vs. Chicago, were sellouts I believe, and I expect the stellar attendance to continue. For one, people still want to check out the new digs, but also if they continue to win. Looking forward to checking it out for the first time in one of their next few home matches.

So, any thoughts? Anyone?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice effort, but couldn't tell you one player on the Red Bulls. Good on them to win in Seattle though.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    They only had 5 wins last year? Didn't they make it to the championship game the year before? What happened?

I'm definitely going to make an effort to get to my first Red Bulls game this year. I really want to see the new stadium and see how the atmosphere is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big props to the RedBulls!! Great time at Santos game and plan on going to a game in two weeks. The stadium is great and lot of great places to drink at pre game. Living in Harrison finally has its benefits.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Kandji alot. Def a player to watch. Any news on Henry?

Also MLS teams can now have 3 DPs. LA and NY are going to spend spend spend

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    They only had 5 wins last year? Didn't they make it to the championship game the year before? What happened?

I'm definitely going to make an effort to get to my first Red Bulls game this year. I really want to see the new stadium and see how the atmosphere is.
    Correct. They made the MLS Final two years ago and set the record for worst record in MLS history last year. They brought in a new coach, Juan Carlos Osario, at the beginning of last season and he ended up "resigning" near the end of the season because things were so bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Nice effort, but couldn't tell you one player on the Red Bulls. Good on them to win in Seattle though.
    You certainly aren't alone there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post

Yea, Kandji is going to be damn good. He's played extremely well in both the exhibition and regular season matches.

Haven't heard anything new on Henry. All I've read is that he has strong interest in playing in New York which was largely influenced by Pele, when he played for the Cosmos. He wants to follow in his footsteps I suppose. I imagine we'll eventually see him in a Red Bull uniform.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome win last night for the Red Bulls. Angel with the PK in the 90th minute for the win. He also had the game tying goal in the 55th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing set in stone here, just buzz that ive heard, and perhaps it might be just rumors.. but they plan on having bids out for henry, maldini, and raul, once their contracts expire at their respective clubs. those would be their three, should they be able to sign them all. but you never know about maldini, hes closing in on 42 i believe, and has been contemplating retirement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Red Bull Arena yesterday for the first time and all I can say is WOW. The place is unbelievable and a great place to watch a match. Also very easy to get there. For $23, I stood in the 6th row behind the net with the Supporters Clubs. Great deal if you're looking to watch the match in that atmosphere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red Bulls now 5-1-0 holding down the top spot in the East.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm psyched that I get to see Juventus play the Red Bulls at the end of the month.

There are rumors that the Bulls will announce that they are signing Del Piero before the game .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    I'm psyched that I get to see Juventus play the Red Bulls at the end of the month.

There are rumors that the Bulls will announce that they are signing Del Piero before the game .
    That's sweet, I'm looking to go to that match as well. I better get on that, as I assume tickets for that match will go quickly because of Juventus.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    That's sweet, I'm looking to go to that match as well. I better get on that, as I assume tickets for that match will go quickly because of Juventus.
    save your money for July when Spurs and Man City are coming in.

Juve is going to send a B squad and any World Cup players will be in Europe with the Italian squad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will be the first to admit that soccer is my least favorite sport but going through the channels a week or so ago i came across the red bulls game and was first and foremost curious to see the stadium and i have to say i actually enjoyed watching the game. great stadium.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    save your money for July when Spurs and Man City are coming in.

Juve is going to send a B squad and any World Cup players will be in Europe with the Italian squad.
    I plan on making it to all of them anyway. I like to make it to as many as possible. Really looking forward to Man City and Spurs.