Thread: 2009/10 All-Jets Soccer Team

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

2009/10 All-Jets Soccer Team

Inspired by a comment in the other thread - from the back, 4, 4 2 formation:

Keeper Braylon Edwards (hey, he doesn't have to catch the ball, just paw it away - is good at that)

Revis (centre back), Ferguson (centre back) Jim Leonhard (fullback) Antonio Cromartie (fullback)

David Harris (defensive mid); Brad Smith (creative mid) Leon Washington (winger - yes, he is injured, but that hasn't stopped anyone in the other draft!) Calvin Pace (winger - hopefully as quick down the wings as his name suggests)

Strikers - Dustin Keller (target man) Mark Sanchez (used to handling the ball, just like Thierry Henry)

Formation as follows:

Edwards

Leonhard Revis Ferguson Cromartie

Washington Harris Smith Pace

Sanchez

Keller

Manager: Nick Mangold

Comments, thoughts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno how you can't have Jenkins in there somewhere. Stick him in front for corners and he'd be unmovable.

Setting up a wall would involve him, and nobody else.

Easily a legendary player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    I dunno how you can't have Jenkins in there somewhere. Stick him in front for corners and he'd be unmovable.

Setting up a wall would involve him, and nobody else.

Easily a legendary player.
    Point taken - problem is you'd have to sub him off after 10 minutes of play!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Point taken - problem is you'd have to sub him off after 10 minutes of play!!
    True...have to be strictly a set piece player...think Beckham but a bit bigger.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No soccer team is complete without Urlacher! I know he doesn't play for the Jets but the fact that he doesn't play the sport didn't stop other people from picking him.

So I'd like to have Brian Urlacher in the middle of the pitch please.

I'd also put one of the CB's prolly Cro in goal. and Shonn greene on the wing. I'd play sanchez az a libero to let him see the pitch in front of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Inspired by a comment in the other thread - from the back, 4, 4 2 formation:

Keeper Braylon Edwards (hey, he doesn't have to catch the ball, just paw it away - is good at that)

Revis (centre back), Ferguson (centre back) Jim Leonhard (fullback) Antonio Cromartie (fullback)

David Harris (defensive mid); Brad Smith (creative mid) Leon Washington (winger - yes, he is injured, but that hasn't stopped anyone in the other draft!) Calvin Pace (winger - hopefully as quick down the wings as his name suggests)

Strikers - Dustin Keller (target man) Mark Sanchez (used to handling the ball, just like Thierry Henry)

Formation as follows:

Edwards

Leonhard Revis Ferguson Cromartie

Washington Harris Smith Pace

Sanchez

Keller

Manager: Nick Mangold

Comments, thoughts?
    interesting take, but i think i'd change it up a bit...for one, i'd want braylon at striker, where he could be an effective target man and take advantage of his pace...my lineup below

GK - Iker Casillas (KIDDING its actually Cotch)
    Df - Leonhard, Greene, Harris, Pace
    MD - Leon (long as he's healthy), Revis, Keller (as the Makalele probably), Woodhead (seriously, the dudes got speed and floppy hair, perfect winger)
    ST - Edwards & Cromartie

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No room for Sanchez? By his name, he sounds like he plays in La Liga....