Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Draft Party To Be Held At New Stadium

I would love to be at this, but, we won't pick until like 11pm, at earliest, and I have class until 9:15 that night, not to mention work at 9am the next day and live 1+ hr from the stadium.

Oh well. This draft set up sucks. Not the Jets fault.

Practice Squad
    couldnt get tickets, wtf. oh well. I will keep trying.

I have 8 PSLs, recieved the Club e-mail inviting 2 people to see the new club and stadium for the draft...oh wait...your not spending enough...You are no longer invited to come to our club draft party, but you can go on-line and get your public seats at newyorkjets.com...oh no you can't we offered them to general public, so you are left out...Thanks for speding $120,000 on PSLs, we don't need you there...See you in August when the Jets open Vs. the Giants.

This is why the Jets are second rate and will always be second rate to the Giants...

Jets Insider VIP
    PM me Bleed Green and I'll be happy to send you my 2 tickets.

I thought about going for about 15 minutes after I got them and realized that I would probably have to drive across two bridges and park when I can watch an event as excruciatingly boring as the draft at home on HDTV and pay nothing

All Pro
    Pay a toll just and wait all night until we pick at 29. No thanks I'll watch it at home. It irked me even more when they send me an email stating I'm not invited to the VIP draft party but its o.k to give VIP type money for seats.:mad:

It says there are no tickets. WTF. I bought PSLs and I can't get fu*king tickets to the draft party?

[QUOTE=sg3;3549049]PM me Bleed Green and I'll be happy to send you my 2 tickets.

I thought about going for about 15 minutes after I got them and realized that I would probably have to drive across two bridges and park when I can watch an event as excruciatingly boring as the draft at home on HDTV and pay nothing[/QUOTE]

I am not planning on going...It was more of the point of how bad the Jets do things...

Thanks for the offer, my point was just that the Jets should have offered me the Tickets, not other fans.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3549138]It says there are no tickets. WTF. I bought PSLs and I can't get fu*king tickets to the draft party?[/QUOTE]

Exactly...They don't need you there...They want people who might buy a PSL.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    all im trying to do is go to that monday night game and as soon as they go on sale i sure as hell we be getting them and be there pissing green...lol

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3549138]It says there are no tickets. WTF. I bought PSLs and I can't get fu*king tickets to the draft party?[/QUOTE]

where are your seats?

Post them at the tickets thread or here or PM me or ozu so we can add you to the JIseating spreadsheet

If you want 2 tickets to the draft thing, PM me and I'll send the two I got that I'm not going to use

Do the Jets know something we don't? The party is from 6-11pm, and with us picking 29th overall and the whole thing not starting until about 730, I highly doubt we pick before 11pm.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;3548459]Are the Giants having something as well? If this were a Giants party and not the Jets, there would be outrage on this message board.[/QUOTE]

You realize this is a Jets board, right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;3549046]I have 8 PSLs, recieved the Club e-mail inviting 2 people to see the new club and stadium for the draft...oh wait...your not spending enough...You are no longer invited to come to our club draft party, but you can go on-line and get your public seats at newyorkjets.com...oh no you can't we offered them to general public, so you are left out...Thanks for speding $120,000 on PSLs, we don't need you there...See you in August when the Jets open Vs. the Giants.

This is why the Jets are second rate and will always be second rate to the Giants...[/QUOTE]
    PR nightmare...

I feel your pain.

We'll take the boys there who love this party. I doubt that we'll stay until we pick as its a school night. The kids get a real kick out of meeting players and getting autographs so it's a fun night for them.

Gerald Grimm on JI?

[B]The Jets’ ticket office made an electronic superhighway error [/B]that ticked off some loyal fans. The team inadvertently emailed a private Draft Day party invitation yesterday -- designed for only VIP Club Seat holders in the New Meadowlands Stadium -- to other season ticket holders. Then, the ticket office retracted the invitation.

The Star-Ledger obtained a copy of the email, which, in part, read: “We apologize for the inconvenience and miscommunication, the previous VIP NFL Draft Day invitation was only intended for our Club Seat Holders in the New Jets Stadium. To our Club Seat Holders, please watch for another updated invitation coming soon.”

Gerald T. Grimm, a self-proclaimed “paying ticket holder since 1964,” responded to the mea culpa with this: “Thanks for another insulting slight by your elitist snob attitude. So sorry that I’m ONLY a season ticket holder, you know, ‘the little people.’ You are truly despicable.”

Ouch.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/04/jets_sign_free_agent_kick_clin.html[/URL]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;3549403]Gerald Grimm on JI?

[B]The Jets’ ticket office made an electronic superhighway error [/B]that ticked off some loyal fans. The team inadvertently emailed a private Draft Day party invitation yesterday -- designed for only VIP Club Seat holders in the New Meadowlands Stadium -- to other season ticket holders. Then, the ticket office retracted the invitation.

The Star-Ledger obtained a copy of the email, which, in part, read: “We apologize for the inconvenience and miscommunication, the previous VIP NFL Draft Day invitation was only intended for our Club Seat Holders in the New Jets Stadium. To our Club Seat Holders, please watch for another updated invitation coming soon.”

[B]Gerald T. Grimm, a self-proclaimed “paying ticket holder since 1964,” responded to the mea culpa with this: “Thanks for another insulting slight by your elitist snob attitude. So sorry that I’m ONLY a season ticket holder, you know, ‘the little people.’ You are truly despicable.” [/B]

Ouch.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/04/jets_sign_free_agent_kick_clin.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

I think Gerald may have nailed it here, I got the same emails...

the haves and the havenots

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3549477]I think Gerald may have nailed it here, I got the same emails...

the haves and the havenots[/QUOTE]

Its enough to make a cat laugh, really.

:O

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3549403]Gerald [B]Grimm[/B] on JI?[/QUOTE]

I could think of 100 guys on here that fit that description.

8 PSLs and cant get an invite either- WTF!

All Pro
    It may be worth an email to your ticket representative to see if you can get some tickets. Can't hurt.