Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Equipment

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Hockey Equipment

I had no idea where to post this, and i guess this forum is the best fit.

Anyone have any hockey gear that they are looking to either give away or sell?

Im 5'11 and 170 pounds and im looking for Goalie pants, Goalie chest protector, Goalie mask, Goalie stick, regular lefty stick, hockey gloves etc.

I live on the island and am willing to drive. Thanks guys :yes:

Maybe a classifieds forum?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Craigslist.

Watch out for cereal killers.

I hear Capt'n Crunch is a bad, bad man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have exactly what your looking for except my son still plays, he's your size too 5' 11" 165 lbs...you don't have to tell me how expensive the equipment is, I payed $800 for it about 6 years ago...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have all of mine from college--back when all the pads, gloves, blockers, chest and arm pads were leather :D --but I'm only 5'-4" so I don't think it's going to do you any good!! All Cooper--it was the ONLY brand to have.

I also have my fiberglass Jacques Plante mask and my Bauer Supreme goalie skates with the white shell. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    See if you can find a Play It Again Sports that's nearby. I don't know if they all are mainly hockey, but the one I used to go to nearby to where I live in North Jersey was almost entirely hockey equipment. They have some really good deals on quality, used equipment. I saved a ton of money on equipment from going there. Outside of stick, gloves, and one pair of skates, I would buy everything used and much of it would last me years. Also, I don't know if you're playing just for fun or in a league, but they may even give you something like a 10% discount if you mention to them that you are playing in such and such a league. I'm 6'2 and 180 pounds and still play occasionally, so I can't offer up any of my personal equipment. ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3548529]See if you can find a Play It Again Sports that's nearby. I don't know if they all are mainly hockey, but the one I used to go to nearby to where I live in North Jersey was almost entirely hockey equipment. They have some really good deals on quality, used equipment. I saved a ton of money on equipment from going there. Outside of stick, gloves, and one pair of skates, I would buy everything used and much of it would last me years. Also, I don't know if you're playing just for fun or in a league, but they may even give you something like a 10% discount if you mention to them that you are playing in such and such a league. I'm 6'2 and 180 pounds and still play occasionally, so I can't offer up any of my personal equipment. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oceanside...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    One question, how does used hockey equipment smell?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3548534]One question, how does used hockey equipment smell?[/QUOTE]

Fabreze, and alot of it...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=matt robinson 17;3548535]Fabreze, and alot of it...[/QUOTE]
    got it :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=elot;3548423]I had no idea where to post this, and i guess this forum is the best fit.

Anyone have any hockey gear that they are looking to either give away or sell?

Im 5'11 and 170 pounds and im looking for Goalie pants, Goalie chest protector, Goalie mask, Goalie stick, regular lefty stick, hockey gloves etc.

I live on the island and am willing to drive. Thanks guys :yes:

Maybe a classifieds forum?[/QUOTE]

As some one else mentioned, Play It Again Sports is the place to go. Was just in the Carle Place location on Glen Cove Road a few weeks ago. They had tons of used hockey equipment in stock, especially an inordinate amount of goalie equipment.

Are you joining a league?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to the Play it again sports in Oceanside, East Northport and Carle Place. While the prices are better than buying new, spending 80 on a chest protector and 70 on goalie pants is still pretty steep to me.

I also go on craigslist multiple times a day to make sure no new deals have popped up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=elot;3548567]I have been to the Play it again sports in Oceanside, East Northport and Carle Place. While the prices are better than buying new, spending 80 on a chest protector and 70 on goalie pants is still pretty steep to me.

I also go on craigslist multiple times a day to make sure no new deals have popped up.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps some employment might spice up your wallet situation.

:dunno:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3548534]One question, how does used hockey equipment smell?[/QUOTE]

LOL, a hockey bag gives off some of the worst odors I've ever smelled in my life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3548570]Perhaps some employment might spice up your wallet situation.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

I have that, but with the price of full time grad school i can't afford to splurge on $600 worth of goalie/player equipment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3548557]
    Are you joining a league?[/QUOTE]

Trying to get one going but lack of goalies is a problem.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3548538]got it :D[/QUOTE]

You have been fooled if you think febreeze would work, it works for maybe 1 day, then you get this stench with a hint of febreeze that makes it worse...my glove smell like ammonia and nachos add febreeze then its a sweet ammonia nacho smell.....hopefully that paints your picture

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a goalie and I have had good luck with the clearance stuff at goaliemonkey.com. I play in an adult league and had this old as the hills Brian's thief glove that finally had to be retired... got a nice Nike Bauer One55 catch for about 70 bucks brand new. I looked at some of the other stuff on there and there were some pretty good deals on other clearance stuff.

You can find stuff on Ebay but people tend to overvalue their equipment and don't account for how devalued it is- especially since goalie equipment prices have come down a lot since the 90's. (I remember when the Itech profile mask came out it was around $700 for a plain white one, now you can get Itechs with designs for a couple hundred bucks).

Really watch out for used blockers- many of them need to be repalmed and most hockey stores have to send blockers out for that and it runs about $50.
    Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; 04-07-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Nike One55

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=elot;3548577]I have that, but with the price of full time grad school i can't afford to splurge on $600 worth of goalie/player equipment.[/QUOTE]

as someone mentioned before PLayitagain sports is gonna be your key, there is a few locations on LI look [url]http://playitagainsports.com/[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    hockeyoverstock.com might be able to give you some good deals. Check it out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Join a curling league instead. Equipment cost will run ya around 6 bucks:

[IMG]http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg[/IMG]