Thread: What the Jets need out of this draft...

What the Jets need out of this draft...

are impact players, we're making a SB run this year, we are not on some 5 year rebuilding plan... that was 4 years ago when we drafted Brick and Mangold. We have all the pieces in place this year, all we need is some flash to put us over the top. The DL held up even without Jenkins. Rex knows how to utilize his personel on defense so they don't wear out as much, also linebackers like Thomas and Pace spend half the time on the line, so I don't see the line as being the primary need for us in this draft.

A player who can step on the field right away and make a difference is what we need. I keep thinking Golden Tate is that player, he can do three things for us right away; provide us with a threat at punt and kick returns plus he becomes our slot receiver right away. He brings a big play dimension that we lack on offense, he makes even more sense if Leon gets traded which I think will happen before the draft.

Mays and Shipley.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    What the Jets need out of this draft...
    A couple of things:

1- Golden
    2- Tate

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Co-sign with just about everything you said. Doesn't have to be Tate (I'd personally be very happy with that pick for the record though), but we're taking someone who the team thinks can contribute this season. Drafting Iupati or any other offensive linemen with our 1st is just not going to happen. The Jets want to win the Superbowl this season.

I actually hope the Jets trade down for another pick or so. The value is very high in this draft and better depth and a couple of new starters might be as helpful as picking the best guy at 29. (Depends on who is there of course.)

Here is my wild draft day prediction. Jets trade well up into the 1st at the cost of next years 1st rounder and take Eric Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I actually hope the Jets trade down for another pick or so. The value is very high in this draft and better depth and a couple of new starters might be as helpful as picking the best guy at 29. (Depends on who is there of course.)

Here is my wild draft day prediction. Jets trade well up into the 1st at the cost of next years 1st rounder and take Eric Berry.

That;s too much ammunition to move up that high, we're sitting at 29 remember.