Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Is A Seinfield Episode

Hall Of Fame

Life Is A Seinfield Episode

Or, in this case, Curb Your Enthusiasm:

[url]http://www.lohud.com/article/20100406/NEWS02/4060375[/url]

[QUOTE][B]Police: Yonkers Man Slashes Prejudiced Dog[/B]

YONKERS — [B]A prejudiced pooch that reportedly disliked minorities[/B] was slashed last night by a black man who had grown tired of the dog's incessant barking at him.

The German Shepherd lost an eye, and the alleged slasher — who worked for an oil delivery business where the dog stood guard — was arrested on a felony aggravated cruelty charge.

Andrew Owens, 58, was arraigned this morning in City Court after spending the night in jail.

[B]“The dog reacts to black people, Hispanics, anyone who is not white,[/B]” owner Paul Tocco said. “She always barked at him. He (Owens) was well aware the dog didn’t like him, and he knew to stay away from her.”

A detective for the SPCA of Westchester said the slashing was unprovoked. It took place around 7 p.m., as the dog, a four-year-old named Jenna, was leashed outside Valley Oil at 707 Nepperhan Ave.

Owens, who worked there as a handyman, had threatened to kill the dog in the past and told authorities it had bitten him about a year ago.

Last night, he “egged on” the barking dog and charged at her, Detective Ken Ross III said. He allegedly then pulled out a nine-inch folding knife.

“He taunted her with his arm, raised his arm with a knife and slashed the dog across the face,” he said. “He cut the dog over the right eye, all the way down to the eye socket bone.”

Tocco, whose family runs the business, said he heard the dog’s barking, went outside and saw Owens strike the dog.

“The dog let out a loud yelp, and when I ran there, she turned her head toward me and I seen the whole right side of her head bleeding,” Tocco said.

Rather than going after Owens, Tocco placed Jenna in a work van and drove her to a Greenburgh animal hospital. A veterinarian performed emergency surgery, but the eye couldn’t be saved, Ross said. Today, the dog was transferred to an animal hospital in Scarsdale.

“The dog is supposedly in good spirits and is okay now,” Ross said. “But it did lose the eye.”

The detective said he’s uncertain why Owens allegedly acted out on this occassion.

“He never liked the dog,” Ross said. “The dog did not bite him yesterday. It appears everything was done out of anger. He might have just snapped.”

Owens, who lives nearby, was arrested at his apartment at 10:20 p.m.

Tocco said he will never allow Owens to work there again. “We don’t want him around here anymore,” he said.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Them white dogs got all the Civil service jobs locked up on the east Coast.

The EyeTalian and Mick dogs get lucrative disability pensions for doing nothing.

Saw it on that show.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B]and I seen [/B]

There's some reall good English right there.

Hall Of Fame
    I have noticed many dogs don't like blacks

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3548671]I have noticed many dogs don't like blacks[/QUOTE]

My dog certainly fits this description.

Granted my dog was rescued from the streets of Paterson and had been abused, which would probably explain it.

Jets Insider VIP
    C'mon. It's a dog. On a leash.

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3548671]I have noticed many dogs don't like blacks[/QUOTE]
    When I was a teen my parents had a German Shepherd-Collie mix and he absolutely hated blacks. He would go insane when he saw a black.

My dad kept him chained up and one day this black guy tried to pet him and got bit for it. My dad got rid of the dog the next day.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;3548692]My dad kept him chained up and one day this black guy tried to pet him and got bit for it. My dad got rid of the dog the next day.[/QUOTE]

I had a Shepard that hated cars. Seriously...dog HATED anything with wheels. Well, unfortunately we lived on an 800 acre outdoor sculpture museum in Cornwall, NY that was open to the public. One day, my old man and I were playing catch when this really pissed off guy came walking up to us asking if we owned a German Shepard. My dad said "Yeeeah...why?". The guy said "your stupid dog just bit my tire and put a hole in it."

We didn't believe the guy. We knew the dog liked to bite tire...but c'mon? We walked over to the guys car and sure enough...there were scrape marks on his sidewall culminating in two punctures right through the sidewalls. The dog also chewed all the way around on the guys black plastic bumper on his Volvo.

My poor dad took the guy to get a new tire and installed it for him, since we had the machine in the workshop.

And just like you...the dog was gone the next day :)

Given the number of people who say they know of a dog that does not react well to blacks gotta hand it to Larry David. He sure does his research before putting that material on air.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3548704]I had a Shepard that hated cars. Seriously...dog HATED anything with wheels. Well, unfortunately we lived on an 800 acre outdoor sculpture museum in Cornwall, NY that was open to the public. One day, my old man and I were playing catch when this really pissed off guy came walking up to us asking if we owned a German Shepard. My dad said "Yeeeah...why?". The guy said "your stupid dog just bit my tire and put a hole in it."

We didn't believe the guy. We knew the dog liked to bite tire...but c'mon? We walked over to the guys car and sure enough...there were scrape marks on his sidewall culminating in two punctures right through the sidewalls. The dog also chewed all the way around on the guys black plastic bumper on his Volvo.

My poor dad took the guy to get a new tire and installed it for him, since we had the machine in the workshop.

And just like you...the dog was gone the next day :)[/QUOTE]

My jack russell hates anything on wheels and has attacked my bike tires on many occasions. He throws a fit whenever we are walking him and a car goes bye. I have no doubt he'd try to bite the tires of a moving car if he could catch it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanInDenver;3548707]Given the number of people who say they know of a dog that does not react well to blacks gotta hand it to Larry David. He sure does his research before putting that material on air.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was common knowledge.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3548715]I thought this was common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

It is.

Apparently...amongst the whites.

[QUOTE=32green;3548720]It is.

Apparently...amongst the whites.[/QUOTE]

+1

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3548720]It is.

Apparently...amongst the whites.[/QUOTE]

I've also noticed many blacks don't like dogs, so you can't automatically blame the dog. This is like trying to figure out whether the chicken or the egg came first. I don't know who is responsible for their shaky relationship.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3548740]I've also noticed many blacks don't like dogs, so you can't automatically blame the dog. This is like trying to figure out whether the chicken or the egg came first. I don't know who is responsible for their shaky relationship.[/QUOTE]

You really have to feel bad for the black dogs.

:dunno:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3548759]Good Point and its about time someone had the kajones to say it

Indeed blacks are extremely racist against dogs, just as Michael Vick[/QUOTE]

In all fairness to Mike, with him its more about the gambling.

If he could get cats to fight, he never would have went to jail.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3548767]In all fairness to Mike, with him its more about the gambling.
    [/QUOTE]

dogs

the cold

recycling

trust me

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3548777]I agree it was primarily about the gambling, but I believe an element of racism was involved as well[/QUOTE]

If a dog reacts negatively to a black person I can understand if it is stretched out as racism or racist dogs.

But how can hating on dogs be called racism by any stretch of imagination ? It just shows you are not a dog/animal lover.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3548794]BTW Bro, did you hear the news ... Roman Tyson is singing for the Red Sox now! :eek:[/QUOTE]

I didnt believe it, Ham, but here it is....Ronald Teageson in a Red Sox jersey....

[url]http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/03/15/ronan-tynan-now-singing-in-red-sox-uniform/[/url]

:eek:

I could not believe it either. I guess its ok to be Anti-Semitic in Boston. That team has such low standards!!!!