Thread: Trade Back

Trade Back

I was thinking could it be possible if Jimmy Clausen falls to the Jets that the jets trade back for example a team like Buffalo and recieve their 2nd round pick and next years 1st for our 1st? I think it would be good to stack up next year to get ammo to grab a stud WR and still have a relativley high pick in 2nd round

Could happen. I think it will come down to if a guy the Jets really like still being on the board. If not I'd love to trade back, there is lots of good value in this draft. I can certainly see a number of players being on the board at the Jets pick that teams will be looking to trad up for.

If one of the OT's somehow falls.
    If Pouncey or Iaputi are still on the board.
    As mentioned a QB.

Lots of possibilities. Would be nice if some team really wants a player and over pays for it.

One just never knows with the Jets what will happen.

i hope so. i feel like there are too many qb hungry teams for clausen to fall that far...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Could happen. I think it will come down to if a guy the Jets really like still being on the board. If not I'd love to trade back, there is lots of good value in this draft. I can certainly see a number of players being on the board at the Jets pick that teams will be looking to trad up for.

If one of the OT's somehow falls.
    If Pouncey or Iaputi are still on the board.
    As mentioned a QB.

Lots of possibilities. Would be nice if some team really wants a player and over pays for it.

One just never knows with the Jets what will happen.
    the money is on them trading up at this point rather than the opposite direction for a number of reasons...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    the money is on them trading up at this point rather than the opposite direction for a number of reasons...
    Who would be worth trading up for in this draft besides Berry?

They don't have that many picks to begin with.

I'd think they could stay put at 29 and still grab a good player that drops, which always seems to happen every year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by flashlight1 View Post

They don't have that many picks to begin with.

I'd think they could stay put at 29 and still grab a good player that drops, which always seems to happen every year.
    There are only two players in the draft I would trade up for.

Ndamukong Suh and Brandon Graham

Berry is going to be a damn good player, but safety is probably the least valuable position on defense.

This draft is way too deep to sell the farm for a position that's neither valuable or a pressing need.

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight1 View Post
    Earl Thomas?

He'd probably be within range...

Too many teams have Clausen rated in the top 10 for there to be any chance Clausen is there at 29... I would say there is a 0.01% chance of that happening.

Even in recent years when QBs have slid, ie Brady Quinn and Kyle Boller, a team that has him rated in the top 10 will trade next year's first rounder to get back into the first round to scoop him up. The only player I can remember straight up dopping is Aaron Rodgers and he was still taken at 24.

Berry might fall to 7 or 8, but that is it. We do not have the firepower to move up to that slot. Our FO are the only people who know who we we target for a trade-up, but I would think Earl Thomas would be the choice.