Thread: 2010....EVOLUTION OF THE JETS......

2010....EVOLUTION OF THE JETS......

Sitting up .....feel'n real excited & anxious about upcoming draft & can't wait to see who Jets select....I'm play'n the G.M. & looking at Jets needs & who will fill them. Also looking at state of todays NFL. Here are some things I noticed:

Fact: Jets & Ravens were only 2 Ground N' Pound teams in playoffs.

Fact: Colts knocked off both Ground N' Pounds teams.

Fact: All other winning playoff teams utilized 4 WR sets.....Hmmm???

Fact: Both Superbowl teams were passing teams & utilized 4 WR sets ....

FAct: Jets very seldom use the 4 WR set.

Fact: Jets QB situation & Sanchez will be improved this season.

Fact: Shotty has the capabilities to run the 4 WR sets. Jets will have to upgrade the WR position to facilitate proper use of 4 WR set. Jets will have to be able to comeback from deficits & be able to be a quick strike offense when they fall behind or need a quick score.

Improved Pass rush, improved secondary, & improved passing attack will lead Jets to be a more improved team. Hopefully, with Leon Washington coming back, coupled with Tomlinson & Greene...these are perfect RB's in a 1 back attack.

Interesting point: These Jets remind me abit of the Steelers of the early 70's with Bradshaw at QB. They were a running team that turned into more of a passing team with Terry Badshaws development & all the while maintained a stout defense.

Sanchez will show improvement this season, but he will become even better & more experienced with each upcoming season. There's alot to look forward to for Jets fans.

All Pro
    u solved it all and told us what we all knew a thousand times over

imo, sch#tty has yet to show that he can call a decent game. there have certainly been flashes of brilliance on the part of sanchez et al but having a really good running attack will cover up quite a bit. and don't forget that a couple of game breaking runs at cincy came from brad smith running from the qb spot.

as for the whole 4 wr scenario, the jets need a receiver who can open things up in the middle like chrebet did. they need the reliable 3rd down guy who knows where the marker is and gets those 1st downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Run_N_Gun10 View Post
    Sitting up .....feel'n real excited & anxious about upcoming draft & can't wait to see who Jets select....I'm play'n the G.M. & looking at Jets needs & who will fill them. Also looking at state of todays NFL. Here are some things I noticed:

Fact: Jets & Ravens were only 2 Ground N' Pound teams in playoffs.

Fact: Colts knocked off both Ground N' Pounds teams.

Fact: All other winning playoff teams utilized 4 WR sets.....Hmmm???

Fact: Both Superbowl teams were passing teams & utilized 4 WR sets ....

FAct: Jets very seldom use the 4 WR set.

Fact: Jets QB situation & Sanchez will be improved this season.

Fact: Shotty has the capabilities to run the 4 WR sets. Jets will have to upgrade the WR position to facilitate proper use of 4 WR set. Jets will have to be able to comeback from deficits & be able to be a quick strike offense when they fall behind or need a quick score.

Improved Pass rush, improved secondary, & improved passing attack will lead Jets to be a more improved team. Hopefully, with Leon Washington coming back, coupled with Tomlinson & Greene...these are perfect RB's in a 1 back attack.

Interesting point: These Jets remind me abit of the Steelers of the early 70's with Bradshaw at QB. They were a running team that turned into more of a passing team with Terry Badshaws development & all the while maintained a stout defense.

Sanchez will show improvement this season, but he will become even better & more experienced with each upcoming season. There's alot to look forward to for Jets fans.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    u solved it all and told us what we all knew a thousand times over
    Zing

Banned
    You were doing fine until HERE:

Fact: Jets QB situation & Sanchez will be improved this season. .
    It's no fact at all as you can't possibly know what Sanchez will be like until the games are played. Who knows if he'll be any better, which makes your conclusion off-base.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post

It's no fact at all as you can't possibly know what Sanchez will be like until the games are played. Who knows if he'll be any better, which makes your conclusion off-base.
    i bet you know he will be..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen13 View Post
    i bet you know he will be..
    I can guess he will be...you can hope he will be....but no one KNOWS he will be...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post

Of course he will be better. He was better at end of season than in beginning of season...right ?

He will also be better next season, than he was this season. Its just like anything, the more we do it.....the better we become at it....!!!