Thread: 2010....EVOLUTION OF THE JETS......

2010....EVOLUTION OF THE JETS......

Sitting up .....feel'n real excited & anxious about upcoming draft & can't wait to see who Jets select....I'm play'n the G.M. & looking at Jets needs & who will fill them. Also looking at state of todays NFL. Here are some things I noticed:

Fact: Jets & Ravens were only 2 Ground N' Pound teams in playoffs.

Fact: Colts knocked off both Ground N' Pounds teams.

Fact: All other winning playoff teams utilized 4 WR sets.....Hmmm???

Fact: Both Superbowl teams were passing teams & utilized 4 WR sets ....

FAct: Jets very seldom use the 4 WR set.

Fact: Jets QB situation & Sanchez will be improved this season.

Fact: Shotty has the capabilities to run the 4 WR sets. Jets will have to upgrade the WR position to facilitate proper use of 4 WR set. Jets will have to be able to comeback from deficits & be able to be a quick strike offense when they fall behind or need a quick score.

Improved Pass rush, improved secondary, & improved passing attack will lead Jets to be a more improved team. Hopefully, with Leon Washington coming back, coupled with Tomlinson & Greene...these are perfect RB's in a 1 back attack.

Interesting point: These Jets remind me abit of the Steelers of the early 70's with Bradshaw at QB. They were a running team that turned into more of a passing team with Terry Badshaws development & all the while maintained a stout defense.

Sanchez will show improvement this season, but he will become even better & more experienced with each upcoming season. There's alot to look forward to for Jets fans.

All Pro
    u solved it all and told us what we all knew a thousand times over

imo, sch#tty has yet to show that he can call a decent game. there have certainly been flashes of brilliance on the part of sanchez et al but having a really good running attack will cover up quite a bit. and don't forget that a couple of game breaking runs at cincy came from brad smith running from the qb spot.

as for the whole 4 wr scenario, the jets need a receiver who can open things up in the middle like chrebet did. they need the reliable 3rd down guy who knows where the marker is and gets those 1st downs.

[QUOTE=Run_N_Gun10;3549226]Sitting up .....feel'n real excited & anxious about upcoming draft & can't wait to see who Jets select....I'm play'n the G.M. & looking at Jets needs & who will fill them. Also looking at state of todays NFL. Here are some things I noticed:

Fact: Jets & Ravens were only 2 Ground N' Pound teams in playoffs.

Fact: Colts knocked off both Ground N' Pounds teams.

Fact: All other winning playoff teams utilized 4 WR sets.....Hmmm???

Fact: Both Superbowl teams were passing teams & utilized 4 WR sets ....

FAct: Jets very seldom use the 4 WR set.

Fact: Jets QB situation & Sanchez will be improved this season.

Fact: Shotty has the capabilities to run the 4 WR sets. Jets will have to upgrade the WR position to facilitate proper use of 4 WR set. Jets will have to be able to comeback from deficits & be able to be a quick strike offense when they fall behind or need a quick score.

Improved Pass rush, improved secondary, & improved passing attack will lead Jets to be a more improved team. Hopefully, with Leon Washington coming back, coupled with Tomlinson & Greene...these are perfect RB's in a 1 back attack.

Interesting point: These Jets remind me abit of the Steelers of the early 70's with Bradshaw at QB. They were a running team that turned into more of a passing team with Terry Badshaws development & all the while maintained a stout defense.

Sanchez will show improvement this season, but he will become even better & more experienced with each upcoming season. There's alot to look forward to for Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3549229]u solved it all and told us what we all knew a thousand times over[/QUOTE]

Zing

You were doing fine until HERE:

[QUOTE=Run_N_Gun10;3549226]

Fact: Jets QB situation & Sanchez will be improved this season. .[/QUOTE]

It's no fact at all as you can't possibly know what Sanchez will be like until the games are played. Who knows if he'll be any better, which makes your conclusion off-base.

[QUOTE=Run_N_Gun10;3549226]Sanchez will show improvement this season, but he will become even better & more experienced with each upcoming season. There's alot to look forward to for Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3549379]You were doing fine until HERE:

It's no fact at all as you can't possibly know what Sanchez will be like until the games are played. [B]Who knows if he'll be any better[/B], which makes your conclusion off-base.[/QUOTE]
    i bet you know he will be..

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;3549518]i bet you know he will be..[/QUOTE]

I can guess he will be...you can hope he will be....but no one KNOWS he will be...

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3549379]You were doing fine until HERE:

It's no fact at all as you can't possibly know what Sanchez will be like until the games are played. Who knows if he'll be any better, which makes your conclusion off-base.[/QUOTE]

Of course he will be better. He was better at end of season than in beginning of season...right ?

He will also be better next season, than he was this season. Its just like anything, the more we do it.....the better we become at it....!!!