Thread: Chat with Joe Namath 4/7 12PM

Chat with Joe Namath 4/7 12PM

[url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/chat/_/id/31665[/url]

[QUOTE]Chat with Joe Namath
    Print
    SportsNation
    Joe Namath
    Namath was drafted No. 1 overall in the AFL draft in 1965.

Welcome to SportsNation! On Wednesday, to help celebrate the new ESPNNewYork.com, we have former New York Jet Joe Namath stopping by to chat.

Namath is probably best remembered for making good on his guarantee of victory over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III. Namath was named AFL player of the year following that 1968 season, which was just his fourth year in the league.

Namath threw for over 3,000 yards three times in his first four years in the AFL, including being the first to throw for more than 4,000 yards. For his career, he had 27,663 passing yards and 173 passing TDs.

Fans can follow him on both his Facebook page as well as his Twitter feed: @RealJoeNamath.

Send your questions now and join Namath Wednesday at noon ET![/QUOTE]

All League
    Just finished reading the chat text. It lasted just about 15 min.
    Is it me or does Joe Willie seem to have lowered his Jets pom poms a bit over the last 6 months? Even with all the post season success??
    Not sure if his 'involvement' with the team has been lessened, therefore he doesn't have to regularly sip the kool aid?
    No biggy either way. Just an observation.
    He will ALWAYS be the #1 Jet!!

Banned
    Joe Namath (11:58 AM)

I think we need to improve to be a serious contender. Last season was a wonderful growth for the team. I believe the best thing we got out of last season as fans was optimism going into this coming season.

The fact of the matter is the Patriots will be a challenge as well as the Dolphins.

We haven't proved by any stretch that we are the best team in the eastern division. :yes:

Willie Joe understands :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Below is my question to Joe. I love his response.:D

Hi Joe, I'm a life-long Jets fan and it all started because of you, so I want to thank you. My question to you is:

If you only had time for one play and you needed a touchdown to win, which receiver in NFL history would you most want to throw to?

[B]Joe Namath (12:11 PM)[/B]

(Laughing) The one that is open!