View Poll Results: Do you want Jason Taylor on the Jets?

Voters
473. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, absolutely not!

244 51.59%
  • Yes, he could help in the pass rush

188 39.75%
  • I don't know, because I refuse to take a position and want to jump on any bandwagon that comes along

41 8.67%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ALL THINGS Jason Taylor thread (merged)

[QUOTE=hendu24;3549427]

“It’d be very, very, very difficult,” Taylor said about signing with the Jets. “At the end of the day, if I couldn’t find a job anywhere else and the Jets called, I guess I’d have to retire or go play.”
    [/QUOTE]

Taylor is a complete d*ck. But beyond that, he's done. He gagged in D.C. and did nothing when he went back to Miami. Stick a fork in him. He's no more likely to help our pass rush than Gholston.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=hendu24;3549427]According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the free agent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green and white.

“It’d be very, very, very difficult,” Taylor said about signing with the Jets. [B]“At the end of the day, if I couldn’t find a job anywhere else and the Jets called, I guess I’d have to retire or go play.”[/B]

[/QUOTE]

What a POS. If the Jets did sign him, I'd like to see them MAKE him urinate glass to make sure his intentions are good.

I can see him making a boneheaded play like Izzo did last year, tackling his own player. Except Taylor would do it on purpose.

I think I would literally vomit if they did sign him. He's not worthy of wearing the jersey of Rex Ryan's Jets.

[QUOTE=jetsfaninCO;3549373]That will never happen and your full of Sh*t for even posting it......

I hope you are anyway...[/QUOTE]

Seems hendu24 was right an apology is in order.

I'd pay for this NOT to happen :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=itiswhatitis;3549443]The Jets are being used so he can get what he wants from Miami. [B]I don't know why you guys would want him anyway...I know some of you don't...[/B]

Let's hope Rex isn't turning into a big spender. Ahhhhh...the Jets. The NEW Redskins..bring in the big names and spend big money....and then you'll finish 4-12. LOL! You guys never fail to entertain.[/QUOTE]

[U]Some[/U] of us don't? Do you actually read other's posts before posting yourself?

As for the big spending, wtf are you talking about?

Saw the reporting myself and it surprising to me that a rival player that hated the jets and there fans the way he do and us toward him that he would even consider to play for the jets but i guess we can blame this on Coach Rex Ryan because it seem a lot of players would love to play for him even a player like Taylor.

Jets Insider VIP
    **** Jason Taylor

Wow if this happens then I guess pigs do fly!

i can't decide if i'm disgusted by the thought of him on our team or if it would be a great move because then we can really stick it to dolphans by saying even jason taylor, the biggest anti-jets, came over to the dark side...

He would get booed for the longest time if he were to step out of the tunnel in a Jets uniform. Just say no to that prick, Jason Taylor. Frankly, it doesn't even make much sense. Taylor is a 4-3 DE and not built to be DE in a 3-4. He is just way too small. And at his age, I just can't see him as an edge rusher from the OLB position. Waste of money. I don't think there is much to this. At least I hope not. He is one of the few players I despise in the NFL. And "despise" is putting it mildly.

Please re-watch the video of him taunting Jets fans and throwing the ball into the Jets logo after picking up Shonn Greene's fumble last year. He sickens me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia"][COLOR=#225fb2]Miami Dolphins[/COLOR][/URL] free agent linebacker [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1245"][COLOR=#225fb2]Jason Taylor[/COLOR][/URL], who became an off-field star with his turn on "Dancing With The Stars," is dancing with the [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj"][COLOR=#225fb2]New York Jets[/COLOR][/URL].

Taylor arrived in New York on Wednesday and is being heavily recruited by the team, according to a source. The Jets have been interested in signing Taylor since the start of free agency but didn't have the leeway to sign him.
    Under the terms of the uncapped season, because the Jets made the AFC Championship Game, they had to lose a player to free agency before they could sign one.
    Last week's loss of free-agent kicker [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2548"][COLOR=#225fb2]Jay Feely[/COLOR][/URL] to the [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ari"][COLOR=#225fb2]Arizona Cardinals[/COLOR][/URL] met that requirement, and started the Jets' process of recruiting Taylor, the last remaining unsigned Dolphins free agent.
    The Jets have competition for Taylor's services: Miami is interested in re-signing him, and the [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe"][COLOR=#225fb2]New England Patriots[/COLOR][/URL] also are interested.
    So the Jets are planning an aggressive sales pitch. According to a source, [B]part of the recruiting process includes a trip to the Jets' new stadium in the Meadowlands, where highlights of Taylor's career will be shown on the scoreboard.[/B]
    Jets coach Rex Ryan is interested in Taylor as a means of improving the team's pass rush. [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4476"][COLOR=#225fb2]Calvin Pace[/COLOR][/URL] led with eight sacks last season, but the Jets, who had a team sack total of 32, want to add a player with 10-sack potential. The Jets had only 10 combined sacks from their outside linebackers last season.
    Taylor, one of the best pass rushers of his era, has 127˝ sacks during his 13-year NFL career. He was on the field for 80 percent of the Dolphins' sacks last season, collecting seven himself.

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5063035[/URL]

This made me physically ill.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3549452]WOW, Jason Taylor in a Jets uniform would be a very strange site to see, its the equivilent of Bellicheck as the HC or Brady as the QB of the Jets in my mind.

I trust Tanny enough that whatever decision he makes he knows what he is doing and is one of the best in the business, but man as big a Jets fan as I am that would still be one guy that would be tough to root for.[/QUOTE]

Bellicheck was our HC twice!!

All League
    He WAS a great player for the Dolphins. I agree that he is washed up and at the end of the day he is still a bigtime POS.

He does make me laugh though!!

Every time I hear his name I think of him on the sideline ranting and raving, hooting and hollering during the Midnight Miracle...."they are not gonna come back this time!" :D

Then after a couple TD's orchestrated by Vinny T and the big Jumbo TD they showed the POS on the sideline and that look on his face was PRICELESS and still brings me joy and will for many more years!!

DON'T DO IT Tanny!!

Taylor to the Jets.. JUST SAY NO

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I could never accept this player in a Jets uniform.
    :steamin:

All League
    Please no Tannenbaum. Do not sign this piece of ****. I would pay for him NOT to be a Jet.

Screw you Jason Taylor. Go retire like you should've 2 years ago.

wow i will boo that piece of **** at every home game

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE]
    Taylor still can't stomach the idea of playing for the [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj"][COLOR=#225fb2]New York Jets[/COLOR][/URL].
    "It'd be very, very, very difficult. Very difficult," Taylor said while taking a break from a free, two-day football camp for local boys and girls. "But at the end of the day, if you can't find a job anywhere else and the Jets call, I guess you've got to retire or go play."
    "But the Jets are the Jets," Taylor said with a beaming smile. "I've had a lot of history saying bad things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy [Fireman Ed] and all of the people in New York that are Jets fans are not the ones that are working on Wall Street. I've said all of those things. So I've got to leave it at that."
    [/QUOTE]

old quotes

**** off Taylor

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=hendu24;3549427]According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the free agent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green and white.

“It’d be very, very, very difficult,” Taylor said about signing with the Jets. “At the end of the day, if I couldn’t find a job anywhere else and the Jets called, I guess I’d have to retire or go play.”

The Jets reportedly have contacted Taylor, who played 11 seasons for the Dolphins before joining the Redskins last season.

During his time in Miami, the six-time Pro Bowler ripped the Jets repeatedly and threw gas on the rivalry between the two teams. The Patriots also are looking at Taylor, and yesterday Taylor admitted he has been talking to the Dolphins about a possible return.

“I never said it wouldn’t be difficult to play for either, but the Jets are the Jets,” Taylor said. “I’ve had a lot of history saying bad things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy and all of those people in New York that are Jets fans aren’t the ones working on Wall Street. I’ve said all of those things, so I’ve got to leave it at that.”

Taylor is referring to comments he made in 2004 before the Jets played in Miami. He referenced how he expected many Jets fans to be at the game, “a bunch of them chanting their [dumb-bleep] chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don’t care if they get mad at me or not. They don’t like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don’t care . . . I’m just being real. I’m telling the truth.”

Okay, a simple “no I would not like to play for the Jets” would have done just fine but all right…[/QUOTE]

i'm having a serious case of deja vu..

isn't this article from LAST off season? there were rumors of the Jets looking at him about a year ago as well..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=shuler82;3549528]i'm having a serious case of deja vu..

isn't this article from LAST off season? there were rumors of the Jets looking at him about a year ago as well..[/QUOTE]
    yes...that was last year