View Poll Results: Do you want Jason Taylor on the Jets?

Voters
473. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, absolutely not!

244 51.59%
  • Yes, he could help in the pass rush

188 39.75%
  • I don't know, because I refuse to take a position and want to jump on any bandwagon that comes along

41 8.67%
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ALL THINGS Jason Taylor thread (merged)

Official ALL THINGS Jason Taylor thread (merged)

Adam Schefter just reported Jason Taylor will visit the Jets today and they are interested in signing him...

That will never happen and your full of Sh*t for even posting it......

I hope you are anyway...

All League
    Just had to rewind my DVR because I thought that was what Schefter said and Hendu is correct...I HOPE THIS IS A LATE APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE:steamin:

[QUOTE=jetsfaninCO;3549373]That will never happen and your full of Sh*t for even posting it......

I hope you are anyway...[/QUOTE]

He was talking about players that could be dealt by the draft and at the very end he said it...

Guess Jason thinks. If you can't beat em join em. He is like 3-12 lifetime vs the Jets

Jayson Taylor

First off you know how he hates our fans but who cares if he can help us get to the big game.
    If you are a football guy you'll see that he has a lot left in the tank and is the end that we can use.
    Sign him today!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=srobjets;3549386]First off you know how he hates our fans but who cares if he can help us get to the big game.
    If you are a football guy you'll see that he has a lot left in the tank and is the end that we can use.
    Sign him today!!![/QUOTE]

I support any Jet so if they sign him so be it...but this is a hard pill to swallow...that guy has acted like a POS

Where's the vomit smiley :steamin:

its not just that he played for the dolphins, he has said he hates jets fans so I hope we do not get him

It's all part of the game. There are rivals at every level. Even if he acted like a pos it's what drives him that fine. Last year he said he would never play for us. Add REX to the mix and all of a sudden everyone wants to play for the JETS. I love this and it will make our team better every season.

According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the free agent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green and white.

“It’d be very, very, very difficult,” Taylor said about signing with the Jets. “At the end of the day, if I couldn’t find a job anywhere else and the Jets called, I guess I’d have to retire or go play.”

The Jets reportedly have contacted Taylor, who played 11 seasons for the Dolphins before joining the Redskins last season.

During his time in Miami, the six-time Pro Bowler ripped the Jets repeatedly and threw gas on the rivalry between the two teams. The Patriots also are looking at Taylor, and yesterday Taylor admitted he has been talking to the Dolphins about a possible return.

“I never said it wouldn’t be difficult to play for either, but the Jets are the Jets,” Taylor said. “I’ve had a lot of history saying bad things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy and all of those people in New York that are Jets fans aren’t the ones working on Wall Street. I’ve said all of those things, so I’ve got to leave it at that.”

Taylor is referring to comments he made in 2004 before the Jets played in Miami. He referenced how he expected many Jets fans to be at the game, “a bunch of them chanting their [dumb-bleep] chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don’t care if they get mad at me or not. They don’t like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don’t care . . . I’m just being real. I’m telling the truth.”

Okay, a simple “no I would not like to play for the Jets” would have done just fine but all right…

All Pro
    If this happens, the first home pre-season game might actually be worth watching just to see if the fans can make him cry on the bench. Of course a few sacks will turn us all around, but those first few minutes should be precious.

All League
    Also, in the interest of complete accuracy Schefter stated that Clayton is reporting the Jets are interested in signing Taylor so it is Clayton's intel not Schefter's.

per twitter

Adam_Schefter Jets are courting Dolphins free agent DE Jason Taylor. [url]http://is.gd/biBHg[/url]

So not feeling this move...

The Jets are being used so he can get what he wants from Miami. I don't know why you guys would want him anyway...I know some of you don't...

Let's hope Rex isn't turning into a big spender. Ahhhhh...the Jets. The NEW Redskins..bring in the big names and spend big money....and then you'll finish 4-12. LOL! You guys never fail to entertain.
    Last edited by itiswhatitis; 04-07-2010 at 11:02 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=srobjets;3549386]First off [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]you know how he hates our fans [/COLOR][/B]but who cares if he can help us get to the big game.
    Sign him today!!![/QUOTE]
    :shakehead..

but if tanny & rex want him, then go get him..

if it does happen, he should [B]have to [/B]lead a J-E-T-S chant before every home game!!

i'm only half kidding..

[QUOTE=hendu24;3549427]According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor to gauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the free agent defensive end would [B]rather urinate glass [/B]than wear green and white.
    [/QUOTE]

Glad to hear the feeling is mutual!

All League
    [QUOTE=hendu24;3549371]Adam Schefter just reported Jason Taylor will visit the Jets today and they are interested in signing him...[/QUOTE]

WOW, Jason Taylor in a Jets uniform would be a very strange site to see, its the equivilent of Bellicheck as the HC or Brady as the QB of the Jets in my mind.

I trust Tanny enough that whatever decision he makes he knows what he is doing and is one of the best in the business, but man as big a Jets fan as I am that would still be one guy that would be tough to root for.

7 sacks last year. Not too shabby. And if we are giving him Feely type money than it might be worth it. It would be a one year deal most likely and would not hurt. Just addressing another need before the draft giving the Jets extra flexibility with their picks. A stop gap solution none the less.

I heard it and it made me wanna puke. I hate this guy, don't want him and won't root for him.