Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Worilds visiting Jets today (Wed 4/7)

Jason Worilds visiting Jets today (Wed 4/7)

Virginia Tech DE/LB Jason Worilds visiting #Jets today. Wonder if they'll give him the Jason Taylor treatment.

http://twitter.com/ManishMehta1

Busy day at Florham Park today....

All Pro
    I'd like to know what they truly think of this player.

He's on my short list for the 2nd round.

I like this guy. I see a very limited number of college games but when I do watch I just like guys on defense who are around the ball alot even if it is at the end of a play. The one game I watched Worilds closely it was like that. That was the feature that made David Harris stand out a few years back before the draft. The dude was in on almost every short play in one way or another.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    WR Demaryius Thomas in RD 1 and OLB Jason Worilds in RD 2

YOU CAN SIGN ME UP FOR THAT
    That's been my favorite scenario since mid February.

Love Worilds. Probably my favorite 3-4 OLB guy for the Jets. Nice grab at the end of the 2nd round. Can see him in Rex's system.

What do you think of Koa Misi as an OLB option in the 2nd?

I think its a little high for Misi who I view as more of a 3

Worilds too me is good value pick at 61 who has the skill to become a bigtime edge rusher
    with these guys and guys like sapp around in the 2nd i don't think the jets go olb in round 1. it's either pure de or a wr, in my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    I got him in our mock 3rd round

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I think the jets recruitment of Jason Taylor tells me they will not draft pass rush help, rather find it the FA route, and develope a CB or WR

I think its a little high for Misi who I view as more of a 3

Worilds too me is good value pick at 61 who has the skill to become a bigtime edge rusher
    Thanks, Ham!

All Pro

How about Odrick RD 1 and Worilds RD 2? That seems more likely

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I think the jets recruitment of Jason Taylor tells me they will not draft pass rush help, rather find it the FA route, and develope a CB or WR
    I hope the Jets take a pass on Taylor! We really need to address our DE position and we can look for a pass rusher in the draft.

Jon, there is no way a player of Jason Taylor's age precludes any team from drafting a player at his position

At this age Jason Taylor, if we sign him, is your classic HTFG (Hold The Fort Guy)

And HTFG means exactly what it says ... hold the fort till quality re-enforcements arrives
    I just read a blurb on rotoworld quoting cimini, who claims the jets would consider trading or releasing bryan thomas if they signed taylor. that plays to your comment of a hold the fort guy. it also suggests the jets would draft bryan's replacement in 2 weeks. rex wants sacks out of his olbs!

He'd be an awesome pick in the 4th, where I think he goes.

Don't think he's a top 2 round prospect, especially in a draft like this. Doesn't mean he's a bad player...it's the other factors (size, school, etc). Maybe he goes in the 2nd because of the success of shorter DE/OLB converts, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    I just read a blurb on rotoworld quoting cimini, who claims the jets would consider trading or releasing bryan thomas if they signed taylor. that plays to your comment of a hold the fort guy. it also suggests the jets would draft bryan's replacement in 2 weeks. rex wants sacks out of his olbs!
    Hmph...I think Thomas played well last year. The no QB pressure part is his undoing I guess but he was really stout against the run. In any case the Jets seem to be looking to make more changes than I thought they would this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    What would we get for Thomas? Hope for a 4th round pick, and probably get a 5?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    What would we get for Thomas? Hope for a 4th round pick, and probably get a 5?
    maybe a 5. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    maybe a 5. maybe.
    31 years old and virtually zero sack production. i'd be happy with a 5 for him. very happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jon, there is no way a player of Jason Taylor's age precludes any team from drafting a player at his position

At this age Jason Taylor, if we sign him, is your classic HTFG (Hold The Fort Guy)

And HTFG means exactly what it says ... hold the fort till quality re-enforcements arrive
    I think if we get the pass rusher via FA, then it truly is a no brainer to go CB early. Granted we have Cromartie, but after him, is there a CB on this team you trust?

CB 1st round is the pick, and as a matter of fact, if we sign Taylor, I'll guarantee it

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    maybe a 5. maybe.
    If that's all we would get, then why get rid of him. Go back and watch the SD game - he damn near knocks that guy out. One of the most vicious stand up hits I have seen.

Releasing him makes no sense at all. Add the fact that they would do it after signing Taylor, and I would eat my own vomit.