Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Worilds visiting Jets today (Wed 4/7)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    If that's all we would get, then why get rid of him. Go back and watch the SD game - he damn near knocks that guy out. One of the most vicious stand up hits I have seen.

Releasing him makes no sense at all. Add the fact that they would do it after signing Taylor, and I would eat my own vomit.
    I agree. BT gets lots of heat for offering little to zero pass rush, but he's a pretty solid player regardless.

Dumping him for a 5th doesn't make the team any better, that's for sure.

pcola, please don't vomit in the forum. who would clean it up?

i think rex wants to generate more qb pressure from his olbs, and thomas can't do it. ironically, he, like gholston, was another hybrid guy drafted in the first round, mainly b/c of college qb sack production.

if the jets sign taylor and either cut or trade thomas for picks, then it is a pretty safe bet the jets will add a de or olb in either round 1, or 2, if not both, not that this is shocking news.

just don't vomit and let rex do what he does best, build a defense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    pcola, please don't vomit in the forum. who would clean it up?

i think rex wants to generate more qb pressure from his olbs, and thomas can't do it. ironically, he, like gholston, was another hybrid guy drafted in the first round, mainly b/c of college qb sack production.

if the jets sign taylor and either cut or trade thomas for picks, then it is a pretty safe bet the jets will add a de or olb in either round 1, or 2, if not both, not that this is shocking news.

just don't vomit and let rex do what he does best, build a defense.
    haha can't you read??? He said he'd eat his own vomit... nobody has to clean that up if he does a good job.

And I agree with the let them build the D. They clearly know more than we do about these prospects and this is their job. It's not like we're dealing with Matt Millen here.

But trading Thomas for a 5th sounds like a dumb move IMO, which is why I don't think it will actually happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Worilds is awesome, plain and simple.

Gutsy as hell, smart, aggressive, vocal leader, and comes from a school that reguarly pumps out NFL talent on defense.

I don't think he'll be around at #61, but I can't say I'd be against moving up for him.

Maybe I'm a bit biased as a VA Tech fan, but I get the same feeling with Worilds that I get with Graham. Two guys who are football players through and through and will find success at the next level, regardless of system.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    He'd be an awesome pick in the 4th, where I think he goes.

Don't think he's a top 2 round prospect, especially in a draft like this. Doesn't mean he's a bad player...it's the other factors (size, school, etc). Maybe he goes in the 2nd because of the success of shorter DE/OLB converts, but I doubt it.
    I don't see him getting out of the Top 65.

Very underrated player who produces and has all the measurables.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    How about Odrick RD 1 and Worilds RD 2? That seems more likely
    And Shipley in RD 3 with the 3rd rounder for Bryan Thomas? (yes, pipe dream but still a dream).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    And Shipley in RD 3 with the 3rd rounder for Bryan Thomas? (yes, pipe dream but still a dream).
    Odrick, Worilds, Shipley

If we walked away from the draft with just those three guys I'd call it a success.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it also suggests the jets would draft bryan's replacement in 2 weeks. rex wants sacks out of his olbs!
    I respect Thomas, and we could do alot worse than him for sure, but this up here is the truth brotha, and i dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    CB 1st round is the pick, and as a matter of fact, if we sign Taylor, I'll guarantee it
    Perposterous. ....and at any rate. Anyone one remember trading away a safety a few weeks ago?? Talk about holding the fort, We gonna need back up there alot quicker than bloody CB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Perposterous. ....and at any rate. Anyone one remember trading away a safety a few weeks ago?? Talk about holding the fort, We gonna need back up there alot quicker than bloody CB.
    It's not perposterous at all.

If anything, I'd say it's likely.

Rex loves DB's and there could be some talented corners on the board at #29. Guys like Devin McCourty and Kareem Jackson to name a few. I really don't think Rex is satisfied with Lowery as the nickelback.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I respect Thomas, and we could do alot worse than him for sure, but this up here is the truth brotha, and i dig it.

Para - I've always meant to ask you this....how does one become a Jet fan in Red Deer? You originally from NY?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It's not perposterous at all.

If anything, I'd say it's likely.

Rex loves DB's and there could be some talented corners on the board at #29. Guys like Devin McCourty and Kareem Jackson to name a few. I really don't think Rex is satisfied with Lowery as the nickelback.
    I have to agree. If we plan on going up and beating Indy than we are going to need a deeper secondary than we had last year. So far this year we're minus Sheppard & Strickland, haven't re-signed Coleman (to my knowledge yet) and added Cromartie.

I think Rex's criteria for his corners is simple: play man and tackle. So I honestly think he can interchange some of our corners into that FS spot in obvious passing downs if we run into a crisis with Pool/Smith/Leonhard.

That said, I would be shocked if we went into the season with just the four safeties we have now. I would assume we draft at least two DBs. At least one corner and one safety.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Para - I've always meant to ask you this....how does one become a Jet fan in Red Deer? You originally from NY?
    hah, i answered that question a ton when i met ppl in San Diego back in Jan for the game.

My Dad became a browns fan when i was young cause we lived across the lake in ONT, and then when i started getting into football (living out west) the browns had folded, and i was in search of a team, was on the fence with the Jets and Jags and then monday night miracle sealed it for me.

And now i'm stuck in red deer, who's only claim to fame is the shame Norm McDonald brought to this place on the Tonight show..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Darrelle Revis
    Didn't even have to say Revis dude...after Revis and Cro, we have bubkus

D Thomas and Worldis would be great. With Mghee from Wake the CB in rd 4.

Worilds seems a good pickup in the 2nd. Would be ok with us signing Jason Taylor also, much as I find him repulsive and repugnant. But the guy can get us sack which is what we need in the worst way. Drafting CB in the first is a bit too rich for my liking since we just signed Cro. Instead would prefer Demariyus Thomas rather than CB, then Worilds in the 2nd.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    WR Demaryius Thomas in RD 1 and OLB Jason Worilds in RD 2

YOU CAN SIGN ME UP FOR THAT
    I have Worlids as my second round in my draft.
    I think he is just as good as the first round pass rushers

If getting Worilds being there in the 2nd is a lock, I would love to get D. Thomas in the first...but if its not a lock, I would like Odrick or Hughes.

Not sure if it's been reported elsewhere, but a source said Virginia Tech DE/OLB Jason Worilds is visiting the Patriots today.

http://twitter.com/caplannfl