Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mid round WR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

mid round WR

lets assume for whatever reason... the Jets are past rounds 1 and 2 and no WR have been drafted... who are the prospects you are rooting for?

here are 2 of mine...

Chris McGaha, Arizona St
    - great athlete, 40 inch vert, 10 1/8 inch hands, just all around solid player

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...805mcgaha.html

Blair White, Michigan State - strong runner who keeps putting out remarkable workout numbers.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....has_caree.html

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Roberts Gone

I like B White.

I like Decker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Desmond Briscoe
    Freddie Barnes
    Jeremy Williams
    Andre Roberts
    Jacoby Ford

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had my eyes on Riley Cooper and Emmanuel Sanders.

There seems to be a lot of deep overall talent at WR and CB and not many studs. Think they realize it's pass happy league?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Antonio Brown

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    eric decker... i no he is coming off a bad injury but he is getting healthy and catches everything and high character guy....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    lets assume for whatever reason... the Jets are past rounds 1 and 2 and no WR have been drafted... who are the prospects you are rooting for?

here are 2 of mine...

Chris McGaha, Arizona St

Blair White, Michigan State - strong runner who keeps putting out remarkable workout numbers.

i am a big Chris McGaha fan but that mights just be because he is a Sundevil!!! i actually think he will be a good player

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

here are 2 of mine...

Chris McGaha, Arizona St

not assume... hope or pray!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    eric decker... i no he is coming off a bad injury but he is getting healthy and catches everything and high character guy....
    Decker won't be there in the 4th (our earliest mid-round pick)

For guys available to us, I like the following

4th- Danario Alexander: 6'5, 215lbs JUMP ON THE WAGON, THERE'S LOTS OF ROOM!!
    As a senior, he started all 13 games (including the 2009 Texas Bowl), and finished with 113 receptions for 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns, averaging 15.8 yards per reception and 137 yards per game.
    Beast (that catch @ .45sec, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? don't muff this one tanny)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfO3XOv0oEw

Other than that,

Antonio Brown, Central Michigan all the way.

This Guy screams slot. he works the inside of field like magic. And that punt return at 1:00, beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U172KCi1mks

After that i like

Marcus Easly as alternate 4th rounder

And i'd take a waiver on Mike Williams in the 6th if he was still there. Rex can straighten that guy out
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-08-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a good dozen at least...Only one WR really separates himself from the pack, but even then it's a really talented class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riley Cooper

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big fan of Briscoe. If we can't get one of the top guys early or Shipley in the later rounds, I'd LOVE to grab Briscoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6V06jEbnk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    There's a good dozen at least...Only one WR really separates himself from the pack, but even then it's a really talented class.
    i see it opposite. there are no likely pro bowlers in this class. There are a couple solid options. In general it's a much deeper year at DT or OT... the WR crop is meh.

if the Jets take a DT because they feel that's the type of quality they want, I could totally get behind that pick... im not anti-DL... i love defensive linemen every year... i just want them to find a way to have a real NFL offense. Ground and Pound only gets ya so far.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i see it opposite. there are no likely pro bowlers in this class. There are a couple solid options. In general it's a much deeper year at DT or OT... the WR crop is meh.

if the Jets take a DT because they feel that's the type of quality they want, I could totally get behind that pick... im not anti-DL... i love defensive linemen every year... i just want them to find a way to have a real NFL offense. Ground and Pound only gets ya so far.
    I don't necessarily see a bevy of pro-bowlers, but there are a lot of WRs that can help us out there. Getting away from the Williams-Bryant top tier, there are at least 6-8 guys on the board (all mentioned earlier in this thread) who can come in and give Sanchez another good target.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Dez Bryant. The WR crop is meh after him, which is why I'm trying not to push one on us as early as possible. After him everyone has serious questions in the game.

Anyway...the best rookie WR from last years class was an UDFA (Garcon)...Austin Collie threw up almost 700 yards and 7 TDs as a 4th round pick last year...don't care if they're Pro Bowlers as long as they're producers....both play over Antony Gonzalez, a former first round pick.

And again, unlike our D, we could walk in with the same offense we finished the season with next year plus whatever improvements already made and the offense should improve. You're ignoring too much and assuming that the key to improving the offense is another player...I think that's where my problem lies with the WR in the first round gang...this assumption that the new WR would change everything on offense...he won't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dez Bryant. The WR crop is meh after him,
    because of the risks in his personality and judgement it's tough for scouting departments to label him a "likely pro bowler"

pro bowlers remember their shoes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    .I think that's where my problem lies with the WR in the first round gang...this assumption that the new WR would change everything on offense...he won't.
    no one's asking for "change everything" but if Cotch gets hurt they are royally boned. Ditto if Braylon gets suspended (and he will get suspended)... depth isn't too much to ask.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    4th- Danario Alexander: 6'5, 215lbs JUMP ON THE WAGON, THERE'S LOTS OF ROOM!!
    i dont want to be a hater but alexander's knees are held together with silly putty at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the WR crop is meh.
    What, i don't agree with that. True there is only (IMO) 1 true franchise WR, but past that isn't "meh". There's just a lack of parity. There's isn't a sh*t ton of amazing WRs, and crap load a cannon fodder. Instead there's just alot of good prospects.

Anyway...the best rookie WR from last years class was an UDFA (Garcon)....
    Not that it changes the point your laying out, but Garcon is 2 years removed from college.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont want to be a hater but alexander's knees are held together with silly putty at this point.
    we've got guys working on it, you just sit back and enjoy the show.