Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mid round WR

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    hahahaha so the Jets should pass on a player because you're clueless as to who's playing in your backyard?

That makes sense.
    Not a passing team dude...I f-ing go to their games

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I guess you must've missed a few the past couple of seasons since he caught 172 passes for 2126 yards and 21 TDs in 08 and 09 combined.

Again, just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean that nobody else does.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I guess you must've missed a few the past couple of seasons since he caught 172 passes for 2126 yards and 21 TDs in 08 and 09 combined.

Again, just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean that nobody else does.

Might I suggest you blow him since you have so much love for the guy

Dude, I live in Charleston

Didn't even know The Cid had a wideout

Pass
    Dude, that was a twitter post from an ex-NFL scout.

Reading some of the following posts of yours here I'll side with the ex NFL scout on this one.

Now thats classy. Just because he stated some facts/stats on the guy?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Saw him against App State...Best 1AA team out there

http://www.citadelsports.com/ViewCon...NTENT_ID=99286

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Now thats classy. Just because he stated some facts/stats on the guy?

Just because you read a guys stats against inferior competition, does not make him an NFL star

Just because you read a guys stats against inferior competition, does not make him an NFL star
    Where did I say he was going to be?

I pasted an ex-NFL scout's opinion.

And TheMikeIsHot was pointing out that a guy that catches 170 passes in two years probably doesn't come from a team that as you put it "isn't a passing team"....

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bitonti made a nice pick for the Jets last year in the jiinsider draft with one of these type of guys.

Mike Wallace who was a late 3rd rounder of the Steelers.
    Wallace was one of those dudes I was sure could play ball... the fact that he ran so quickly and lasted to the 3rd was a surprise

this year im not so sure about any of these guys... mcgaha and white i believe have "some" potential as WR im not giving them the mike wallace seal of approval.

But some of the names in this thread... sanders, brown... i believe are gonna top out as special teamers or slot Wr at best... which is fine.. and might be more of what the Jets are looking for...

Dude, I live in Charleston

Didn't even know The Cid had a wideout

Pass
    jonE i dont know how andre roberts was at citadel... but he was lock down awesome during senior bowl week. Great routes, didn't drop a single pass. He reminded of Cotch. Super hard working, isn't gonna be a star, but good luck trying to cut him or keep him off the field.

At this point he might not even be a "mid rounder" he's arguably the best small school prospect in the nation. ran a very respectable 4.46 at Indy. except for jacoby ford None of the WR even broke into the 4.3's... so it was a top time.

doesn't have alot of upside not not alot of downside either.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    jonE i dont know how andre roberts was at citadel... but he was lock down awesome during senior bowl week. Great routes, didn't drop a single pass. He reminded of Cotch. Super hard working, isn't gonna be a star, but good luck trying to cut him or keep him off the field.

At this point he might not even be a "mid rounder" he's arguably the best small school prospect in the nation. ran a very respectable 4.46 at Indy. except for jacoby ford None of the WR even broke into the 4.3's... so it was a top time.

doesn't have alot of upside not not alot of downside either.
    I'm all for Charleston guys making in the NFL

See Carlos Dunlap....lol

As far as Roberts....he didn't stick out in the game for me.....But then again that was against some stiff competition

"Turning heads has continued to be the motive of Bulldog standout wide receiver Andre Roberts during the offseason and he has been successful at doing so at the 2010 National Football League Combine. Notching top 10 performances among wide receivers in four different categories, the 5-11, 195-lb All-America honoree excelled in the 40-yard dash, the three-cone drill, the 20-yard shuttle and the broad jump in front of an audience of general managers and scouts. After an impressive performance at the 61st Under Armour Senior Bowl, Roberts spent the early portion of February training before joining other invitation only elite football players from around the country in Indianapolis, Ind. at the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine. Running among the fastest, the Columbia, S.C. native ran a time of 4.46 in the 40-yard dash. Testing his abilities in the three-cone drill, Roberts completed the course in a time of 6.77. Roberts' best time came in the 20-yard shuttle as he ran the test in a time of 4.15. The All-America recipient also leaped into the top performers' category in the broad jump with a distance of 10'0". Roberts has made appearances on various blogs and sports websites as a draft riser as well as a player to watch for. His skills and play making abilities garnered formal interviews with personnel from the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans and Chicago Bears. Roberts completed the 2010 Senior Bowl as the second leading receiver for the South with 45 yards from two catches adding to his collegiate career accomplishments along with being The Citadel's all time leading receiver."

All Pro
    hahaha

You have very obviously proven that you're a moron. It isn't my fault that you don't know what you're talking about.

Bit,

What are your thoughts on Decker when healthy? Will he be around in the 4th?

How credible is Drafttek, if at all? They have A Roberts, Antonio Brown, Danario Alexander(should be a 6th imo), Easley, Schofield =0 and Rolle all going in Mid/late 6th LOL
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 04-09-2010 at 05:52 AM.

I have liked Freddie Barnes since the bowl games. I think he would fit perfectly in the slot for us. Im surprised no one has really mentioned him.

Not a Citadel fan but I thought I'd check them out.
    They are certainly a passing team. Threw 351 times in 2009 versus 360 runs. Sounds like they pass.
    In the last 3 years Roberts caught 250 passes for 3200 yards and 31 TDs.
    Only one team in the last 3 years controlled him - Elon - a bowl playoff team - held him to one catch last year. In that stretch he was effective against teams like North Carolina, Wisconsin, Clemson and Florida.
    Plus he looked good at the Senior Bowl week. A third rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Bit,

What are your thoughts on Decker when healthy? Will he be around in the 4th?

How credible is Drafttek, if at all? They have A Roberts, Antonio Brown, Danario Alexander(should be a 6th imo), Easley, Schofield =0 and Rolle all going in Mid/late 6th LOL
    decker when healthy is a possible NFL Wr. but that injury was really bad, he's a big question mark right now.

As for Draftek, i dont really know how they work. Roberts is low... the others are about right. Schofield and Alexander might not get drafted for injury reasons.

All Pro
    jesus, yes Danario had injuries issues, but the man isn't slipping to the 6th, let alone U.D.. c'moon.